Johnny Groove Tennis Career - Page 41 - MensTennisForums.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #601 of 5010 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 08:36 PM
Registered User
 
Mountaindewslave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,017
                     
Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
all right mate, I'm just waiting for a feedback from both the guys at the academy as one guy has already had a look at the video.
do you speak french? as it's quite necessary here
I can't tell if you are teasing Johnny or not, no academy would ever give a scholarship to or even accept someone at Groove's age and lack of development
DONT BE A JERK

<3 Roger Federer <3 David Ferrer <3 Juan Martin Del Potro <3 Ernest Gulbis <3

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #602 of 5010 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 08:38 PM
Registered User
 
Mountaindewslave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,017
                     
Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Not when I am mere points from winning in the 4.5 level. Besides, when i won that 4.0, I felt: "Ok, now what. That means shit in the long term."

I'm not interested in that feel again.



Pretty sure I mentioned walking onto court mere minutes after finishing my first match and having nothing left to give, and semi-tanking so I could get to work on time later that night.
it just blows my mind, how at over 20 years old and still under 4.5 level do you think you could ever become a pro? I mean even recreational players get that good if they love playing and play a lot for a few years

also yeah WHATS UP WITH THAT ATTITUDE, ride or die my ass, how can you tank matches if this is your dream!?

<3 Roger Federer <3 David Ferrer <3 Juan Martin Del Potro <3 Ernest Gulbis <3

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline  
post #603 of 5010 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 09:08 PM
Registered User
 
Uncle Latso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 39
Posts: 12,494
                     
Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
it just blows my mind, how at over 20 years old and still under 4.5 level do you think you could ever become a pro? I mean even recreational players get that good if they love playing and play a lot for a few years

also yeah WHATS UP WITH THAT ATTITUDE, ride or die my ass, how can you tank matches if this is your dream!?
i know over 30 complete amateurs (me included) who'd double bagel Johnny without much effort even.

things are not optimistic Johnny, don't quit your job, you seem to have little idea of the real level of guys around the top 1000.

As harsh as it might sound - you have no chance, it's just impossible.

Don't get high hopes on the trolling of some mugs here, things are absolutely irreversible, it's way too late.
This kind of level you should have at 12 and work twice a day, everyday, with a competent and devoted coach, and it's still a 1% chance you make it to the top 500. 1%.

So keep playing, it's no harm, on the contrary it's very good for you in every possible aspect, but get real and re-define your life goals, coz while you're deluding about tennis, life and youth are passing by.

I'm serious. At least start thinking of a plan B, like for real, coz this one ain't happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abel View Post
Dimitrov will never win anything above 250 level.
Rome R1 Zverev def. Dimitrov -
Quote:
Originally Posted by augus View Post
I never wrote this about active player after lost match but seriously - Dimitrov should retire from tennis.
Uncle Latso is offline  
post #604 of 5010 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 09:12 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 12,122
                     
Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
I can't tell if you are teasing Johnny or not, no academy would ever give a scholarship to or even accept someone at Groove's age and lack of development
DONT BE A JERK
I don't decide who enters, I've only sent the videos to them.
motorhead is offline  
post #605 of 5010 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 09:50 PM
Registered User
 
Burrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,263
                     
Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
i know over 30 complete amateurs (me included) who'd double bagel Johnny without much effort even.

things are not optimistic Johnny, don't quit your job, you seem to have little idea of the real level of guys around the top 1000.

As harsh as it might sound - you have no chance, it's just impossible.

Don't get high hopes on the trolling of some mugs here, things are absolutely irreversible, it's way too late.
This kind of level you should have at 12 and work twice a day, everyday, with a competent and devoted coach, and it's still a 1% chance you make it to the top 500. 1%.

So keep playing, it's no harm, on the contrary it's very good for you in every possible aspect, but get real and re-define your life goals, coz while you're deluding about tennis, life and youth are passing by.

I'm serious. At least start thinking of a plan B, like for real, coz this one ain't happening.
I heard you were fat and out of shape somewhere on this board, I've not seen the photos so not sure if this is true. If you're fat then I doubt you'd be double bagelling anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
...was properly educated by my parents, so i think before i write something stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
I knew I was going to regret, reading inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Weren't you just pestering another guy about his grammar, not so long ago?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
And your problem with my grammar is?
Burrow is offline  
post #606 of 5010 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 10:03 PM
Registered User
 
Chris Kuerten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 26
Posts: 17,898
                     
Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
I heard you were fat and out of shape somewhere on this board, I've not seen the photos so not sure if this is true. If you're fat then I doubt you'd be double bagelling anyone.



I am the Nelson Mandela of MTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
Santaro was a better version of Ferrer
Quote:
At the end of Federer's first round match at the Australian Open a fawning interviewer asked about his kids and if he had bought coach Stefan Edberg a birthday present - no, by the way, the privilege of knocking up with 'King Roger' was enough of a present apparently.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...nnis/65231157/

Sombrerero loco exposed

(Again)
Chris Kuerten is offline  
post #607 of 5010 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 41,782
                     
Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
''Never give up'' - Johnny Groove
Giving up would be retiring in the match, which I considered at 0-5 in the first, but played through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
it just blows my mind, how at over 20 years old and still under 4.5 level do you think you could ever become a pro? I mean even recreational players get that good if they love playing and play a lot for a few years

also yeah WHATS UP WITH THAT ATTITUDE, ride or die my ass, how can you tank matches if this is your dream!?
Blah blah blah

I WAS trying to stay employed, dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
i know over 30 complete amateurs (me included) who'd double bagel Johnny without much effort even.

things are not optimistic Johnny, don't quit your job, you seem to have little idea of the real level of guys around the top 1000.

As harsh as it might sound - you have no chance, it's just impossible.

Don't get high hopes on the trolling of some mugs here, things are absolutely irreversible, it's way too late.
This kind of level you should have at 12 and work twice a day, everyday, with a competent and devoted coach, and it's still a 1% chance you make it to the top 500. 1%.

So keep playing, it's no harm, on the contrary it's very good for you in every possible aspect, but get real and re-define your life goals, coz while you're deluding about tennis, life and youth are passing by.

I'm serious. At least start thinking of a plan B, like for real, coz this one ain't happening.
Blah blah blah.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is offline  
post #608 of 5010 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 10:53 PM
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 32,862
                     
Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Johnny so how about paying for me to fly over to Florida to shoot some promo videos for your Tennis?

I could make you look like the best player out of Florida and pitch your videos to sponsors and coaches.

What do you say?

Mark Lenders banged your girlfriend, I'm sorry to tell you that mate.
ProdigyEng is offline  
post #609 of 5010 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 41,782
                     
Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowManyTimes View Post
Johnny so how about paying for me to fly over to Florida to shoot some promo videos for your Tennis?

I could make you look like the best player out of Florida and pitch your videos to sponsors and coaches.

What do you say?
You know I have little money, mate.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is offline  
post #610 of 5010 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 11:08 PM
Registered User
 
Redaftw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 24
Posts: 5,276
                     
Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

It's clear that you have to improve everything but you hope to make it the top. With which gameplan do you think you can get there?
Redaftw is offline  
post #611 of 5010 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 41,782
                     
Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redaftw View Post
It's clear that you have to improve everything but you hope to make it the top. With which gameplan do you think you can get there?
1. Heal the shoulders
2. Improve toss/serve
3. Lose weight
4. Get stronger
5. Bring rest of game together
6. Quit dominos to get more time for training
7. Win in the 4.5, win in the 5.0, get going in the Open's

It all depends on how soon I can get this done. If in 6-7 months, I have made ZERO progress, I may have to consider retirement, but I don't expect that to be the case.

If I improve drastically out of sight in the next 6-7 months, I'll buy the van, do the Dustin Brown, and travel the USA playing futures, but that seems like a long shot also at this point.

Most realistic would be to win in the 4.5, win in the 5.0, do something in the Opens within the next 6-7 months, maybe a win or 2 in futures qualies and do well enough to get a job at a tennis academy, training the next generation, while also getting my own game up to standard, saving up even more money, get a nicer van, and do the Dustin Brown in late 2014/early 2015.

But let's focus on Sunrise 4.5 first.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is offline  
post #612 of 5010 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 11:30 PM
Registered User
 
MichaelKrep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,009
                     
Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Can't knock you too much, as you would probably beat me. That's not saying much, though, as I play an average of 0.3 times a week.
Having said that, when I do drag myself to tennis, I rally with people who probably won't have too much trouble beating you, mate.

From your serve motion and the way you move immediately prior to a shot I can tell you have had very little formal tennis training, if any. I know this is a semi-trolling thread, but if you are in any measure serious about being a pro, that ship has sailed at least a decade ago, IMHO.


Grigor Dimitrov Newest Member of Top 10
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marcos Baghdatis

Andy Murray | Alexandr Dolgopolov | Milos Raonic
Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is offline  
post #613 of 5010 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 11:35 PM
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 32,862
                     
Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
You know I have little money, mate.
Get funding bro .

Mark Lenders banged your girlfriend, I'm sorry to tell you that mate.
ProdigyEng is offline  
post #614 of 5010 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 11:52 PM
Registered User
 
Mr. Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,950
                     
Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
1. Heal the shoulders
2. Improve toss/serve
3. Lose weight
4. Get stronger
5. Bring rest of game together
6. Quit dominos to get more time for training
7. Win in the 4.5, win in the 5.0, get going in the Open's

It all depends on how soon I can get this done. If in 6-7 months, I have made ZERO progress, I may have to consider retirement, but I don't expect that to be the case.

If I improve drastically out of sight in the next 6-7 months, I'll buy the van, do the Dustin Brown, and travel the USA playing futures, but that seems like a long shot also at this point.

Most realistic would be to win in the 4.5, win in the 5.0, do something in the Opens within the next 6-7 months, maybe a win or 2 in futures qualies and do well enough to get a job at a tennis academy, training the next generation, while also getting my own game up to standard, saving up even more money, get a nicer van, and do the Dustin Brown in late 2014/early 2015.

But let's focus on Sunrise 4.5 first.
Bro, I'm a fan, but if you have to lose weight, why did you get so touchy when I questioned your claim that you are as fit as Djoker? Were you just being argumentative?

Novak Djokovic nº1!
The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015 * Indian Wells * Miami
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Either you get him or you don't!
Mr. Oracle is offline  
post #615 of 5010 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 41,782
                     
Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKrep View Post
Can't knock you too much, as you would probably beat me. That's not saying much, though, as I play an average of 0.3 times a week.
Having said that, when I do drag myself to tennis, I rally with people who probably won't have too much trouble beating you, mate.

From your serve motion and the way you move immediately prior to a shot I can tell you have had very little formal tennis training, if any. I know this is a semi-trolling thread, but if you are in any measure serious about being a pro, that ship has sailed at least a decade ago, IMHO.
Ok, that's for commenting

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowManyTimes View Post
Get funding bro .
In the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Bro, I'm a fan, but if you have to lose weight, why did you get so touchy when I questioned your claim that you are as fit as Djoker? Were you just being argumentative?
Dude I never said I was as fit as Djoker

All I said was that I borrowed some things from his book

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome