Johnny Groove Tennis Career - Page 119 - MensTennisForums.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1771 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Registered User
 
User Name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,978
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

Just go watch a good 12-14s tourney if you want to know how good you are Groove. Doesn't even have to be the orabgebowl or nationals or anything. I'm sure there are plenty of good regional tournaments in Florida. You'll find out that every kid will beat you 0 and 1, even the girls.

Donald Young
Devvarman
User Name is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1772 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 07:10 PM
Registered User
 
MariaV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 42,234
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
This thread is beyond comic Honestly, this is such a joke. Makes for good comedy though, I suppose.
EPIC, EPIC is the word for this thread and Johnny's tennis carrer, dear Sapeod.

FAN OF THE BEAUTY
MariaV is offline  
post #1773 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Registered User
 
Kyle_Johansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Age: 24
Posts: 9,116
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

Johnny: you are 24. You are losing to 4.5s 06 06. I think it is a great thing you are doing trying to get better, but you really, really need to improve a lot. You'll never beat anyone with that serve. Everything about your game feels, I dunno, disconnected.

Federer fan, writer, tennis player.
Top 10 all-time list (Open Era)
1) Federer 2) Sampras 3) Nadal 4) Laver 5) Borg
6) Rosewall 7) Agassi 8) Lendl 9) Connors 10) McEnroe
Top 10 favourite all-time list
1) Federer 2) Safin 3) Agassi 4) Sampras 5) Edberg
6) Lendl 7) Haas 8) Hewitt 9) Connors 10) Becker
Kyle_Johansen is offline  
post #1774 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 09:18 PM
Registered User
 
Mr. Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,950
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_Johansen View Post
Johnny: you are 24. You are losing to 4.5s 06 06. I think it is a great thing you are doing trying to get better, but you really, really need to improve a lot. You'll never beat anyone with that serve. Everything about your game feels, I dunno, disconnected.
Most people here have picked up on Groove's self-deprecating and satirical sense of humour. It's the other extreme of ProdigENG's: "I can't, I'm FAT" routine. They're both funny.

People who take this seriously need to work on their sense of humour; they are, somehow, "I dunno, disconnected."


Novak Djokovic nº1!
The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015 * Indian Wells * Miami
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Either you get him or you don't!
Mr. Oracle is offline  
post #1775 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 04:14 PM
Registered User
 
Shinoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: My Flag
Posts: 4,365
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

He is just warming Up to pick some Chicks from the Forum, You think he is serious about his career in Tennis.
Shinoj is offline  
post #1776 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 04:17 PM
Registered User
 
Advantage_Set's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: The Center of the Universe
Posts: 2,219
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

Can anyone maybe tell me why Johnny is the only amateur tennis player who has such a large following and thread on this forum? I mean, I like the pirate look and he comes across as a nice guy, but no one expects any miracles, right?

quítate el polvo / ponte de pie / y vuelves al ruedo
Advantage_Set is offline  
post #1777 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Registered User
 
TigerTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London (sadly)
Posts: 14,648
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

groove, retire not for your fans, but for yourself.

You are the laughing stock of the forum

On Murray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamvol View Post
He probably just hangs about in 2nd place protecting himself with 3 bananas whilst waiting for the person in the lead to get blue shelled.
1. Murray wins Wimbledon 2016 after Djokovic is blue shelled by Querrey. Thanks Querrey!

2. Murray wins Olympic Gold for the second time after Djokovic is blue shelled by Del Potro. Thanks Del Potro!

3. Murray wins US Open 2016 after Djokovic is blue shelled by [pending]. Thanks [pending]!

TigerTim is offline  
post #1778 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 42,078
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

Probably a 50-50 chance I will retire within the next 6 months. Or at least take an extended break. Coral Springs this weekend was moved to August, so I have North Miami next week, then Plantation on April 5. So only 1 tournament in the next month. Lots of training, lots of soul searching, and we gonna see what's going on.

I don't know where I will be, physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, tennistically, in 6 months. But, we gonna see.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is online now  
post #1779 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Registered User
 
Chris Kuerten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 26
Posts: 18,152
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

My main concern is where you will be testicularly.

I am the Nelson Mandela of MTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
Santaro was a better version of Ferrer
Quote:
At the end of Federer's first round match at the Australian Open a fawning interviewer asked about his kids and if he had bought coach Stefan Edberg a birthday present - no, by the way, the privilege of knocking up with 'King Roger' was enough of a present apparently.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...nnis/65231157/

Sombrerero loco exposed

(Again)
Chris Kuerten is offline  
post #1780 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Registered User
 
Say Hey Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 565
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

JG, I am not remotely optimistic about your chances, but I wish you the best. You only live once. If it's your dream, you might as well give it a try while you still can.

However, I think you're doing it wrong. I'd recommend focusing solely on training for several months before exerting your time, energy, and money on tournaments. You will not dramatically improve merely by continuing to play matches and hitting.

I am NOT advocating doping, but I would highly recommend looking into maximizing your free testosterone levels/production. If your testosterone is at an optimal level, you will reap the benefits of physical training. You will be bigger, faster, stronger, and more focused with optimal T levels. You will notice a world of difference.

Hand/eye coordination drills are huge as well. You can't improve hand/eye coordination, as it's innate, but you can dramatically enhance your ability at specific repetitive tasks through practice. Generally, this would need to be done with a coach.

As others have said, your serve and various parts of your game need help. If possible, I would look into getting a coach to help you with your training. It is extremely difficult to identify and correct your mistakes without one.

With all that being said, even if you do everything right, there is a very very slim chance of having any success at the professional level, in my opinion. Most professionals have been blessed physically, they were born with great h/e coordination, and they have been training all their lives. It is a mountain to climb.

There is nothing wrong with following your dream, but I certainly wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket.
Say Hey Kid is offline  
post #1781 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 10:46 PM
Registered User
 
Blue Heart24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Croatia
Posts: 31,650
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Probably a 50-50 chance I will retire within the next 6 months. Or at least take an extended break. Coral Springs this weekend was moved to August, so I have North Miami next week, then Plantation on April 5. So only 1 tournament in the next month. Lots of training, lots of soul searching, and we gonna see what's going on.

I don't know where I will be, physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, tennistically, in 6 months. But, we gonna see.
So after taking the hit last week you're quitting? How long have you been training full time overall? I mean,why 6 months?What do you need to do in that period to keep going? Where your game is now,you can't put such time deadlines. What kind of a mindset is that,you should be searching ways to get a coach and improve your game instead.Again,you need to start training the right way to go anywhere.
Blue Heart24 is offline  
post #1782 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 10:55 PM
Registered User
 
MichaelKrep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,009
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

Maybe invest some of those Domino's millions into a few sessions with a coach? He'll be able to fix that serve motion at least.


Grigor Dimitrov Newest Member of Top 10
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marcos Baghdatis

Andy Murray | Alexandr Dolgopolov | Milos Raonic
Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is offline  
post #1783 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 42,078
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
My main concern is where you will be testicularly.
Hairy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Hey Kid View Post
JG, I am not remotely optimistic about your chances, but I wish you the best. You only live once. If it's your dream, you might as well give it a try while you still can.

However, I think you're doing it wrong. I'd recommend focusing solely on training for several months before exerting your time, energy, and money on tournaments. You will not dramatically improve merely by continuing to play matches and hitting.

I am NOT advocating doping, but I would highly recommend looking into maximizing your free testosterone levels/production. If your testosterone is at an optimal level, you will reap the benefits of physical training. You will be bigger, faster, stronger, and more focused with optimal T levels. You will notice a world of difference.

Hand/eye coordination drills are huge as well. You can't improve hand/eye coordination, as it's innate, but you can dramatically enhance your ability at specific repetitive tasks through practice. Generally, this would need to be done with a coach.

As others have said, your serve and various parts of your game need help. If possible, I would look into getting a coach to help you with your training. It is extremely difficult to identify and correct your mistakes without one.

With all that being said, even if you do everything right, there is a very very slim chance of having any success at the professional level, in my opinion. Most professionals have been blessed physically, they were born with great h/e coordination, and they have been training all their lives. It is a mountain to climb.

There is nothing wrong with following your dream, but I certainly wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket.
Of course, all of this is true, more or less. But getting a coach is very expensive. One hour with a coach is the same price as a tournament entry fee, usually more.

Mentally I am a wreck right now with everything going on, and earlier today, I went to the gym. I just had no desire to lift. I went to the court, almost no desire to play. I laid down on the court, on my back, and just looked up at the sky. It was so beautiful...Then I told myself you have to get up. My hit today was very bad, but I did hit one clean forehand right on the line and I got that thrill again. So I am a bit more optimistic for tomorrow's training.

I think I have a neck injury. Sternocleidomastoid muscle.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...mastoideus.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Heart24 View Post
So after taking the hit last week you're quitting? How long have you been training full time overall? I mean,why 6 months?What do you need to do in that period to keep going? Where your game is now,you can't put such time deadlines. What kind of a mindset is that,you should be searching ways to get a coach and improve your game instead.Again,you need to start training the right way to go anywhere.
Not just the hit last week, it is an accumulation of getting punched in the face and eating bagels for 10 years. I'm so fucking sick of it, man. 6 months is how much money I have left. After that I gotta go either to grad school or back to Dominos. Probably both. And say goodbye to training time.

In the next 6 months, I need to get good enough to be able to acquire a coaching job at an academy, you know, something like 30-40K yer year. What result is that? I don't know. 1 ATP point would absolutely do it. At least some good showings in Men's Opens, and a win or two over a player with an ATP point, even if I don't have one myself.

And a coach would be great, but it is all about the benjamins. Or, rather, the benjamins I don't have.

Yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKrep View Post
Maybe invest some of those Domino's millions into a few sessions with a coach? He'll be able to fix that serve motion at least.
Millions More like thousands

My #1 issue is my neck injury. Everything else in my mind is whatever, all the other drama in my life, but if I had my neck right, I think I could channel it all into my game.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is online now  
post #1784 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 03:45 AM
Registered User
 
Shinoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: My Flag
Posts: 4,365
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

Try to do a Haka Dance before you serve. it might scare your opponents Off.

[youtube]ebZVMc0NKZs[/youtube]
Shinoj is offline  
post #1785 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 06:09 AM
Registered User
 
User Name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,978
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
In the next 6 months, I need to get good enough to be able to acquire a coaching job at an academy, you know, something like 30-40K yer year. What result is that? I don't know. 1 ATP point would absolutely do it. At least some good showings in Men's Opens, and a win or two over a player with an ATP point, even if I don't have one myself.

Just buy a cheap plane ticket down to Egypt and play a couple futures there. Even a player of your caliber should get a couple of wins/points.

Donald Young
Devvarman

Last edited by User Name; 03-05-2014 at 10:12 PM.
User Name is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome