Johnny Groove Tennis Career - Page 118 - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1756 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 11:53 PM
Faithful Txurigorri
 
Arkulari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
Posts: 24,903
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

Jon, one honest question here: have you improved at ALL in the last 2 years or so? because the serve is still a mess and your ground game doesn't look good either, seems as if you're stuck in 4.5 level and we both know you're getting nowhere with that.

Also, the fact that you prefer to chase skirts (even if she's "The One") than to committ says a lot about where your head is.

You know I love you man and I've supported you for a while now but you have to face facts, either you have a massive breakthrough in the next few months or it's time to give up, you know that as well as I do

Rafael "The Matador of Spin" Nadal
Roger “The Magician of Precision” Federer
Del Potro, Ferrer, Haas, Zeballos


Arkulari is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1757 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 27
Posts: 42,276
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
Jon, one honest question here: have you improved at ALL in the last 2 years or so? because the serve is still a mess and your ground game doesn't look good either, seems as if you're stuck in 4.5 level and we both know you're getting nowhere with that.

Also, the fact that you prefer to chase skirts (even if she's "The One") than to committ says a lot about where your head is.

You know I love you man and I've supported you for a while now but you have to face facts, either you have a massive breakthrough in the next few months or it's time to give up, you know that as well as I do
Yes, thank you Nat

We gonna see in the next few months, armageddon is approaching.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Laver
We all choke. That’s all right. We’re not machines. What you have to learn is to accept that fact and not panic. It’s the panic that loses the matches, not the nerves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Player
The harder you try, the luckier you get.
Johnny Groove is offline  
post #1758 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 01:36 PM
Registered User
 
underspin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,211
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

If Groove doesn't give up, neither should his legion of fans

I'm not going to bother telling you to fix your serve because you already know that's necessary.

Good luck mate, hope there are a few wins round the corner.

You are the master of your fate:
You are the captain of your soul.

I agree with acacacacademy.
underspin is offline  
post #1759 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 27
Posts: 42,276
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by underspin View Post
If Groove doesn't give up, neither should his legion of fans

I'm not going to bother telling you to fix your serve because you already know that's necessary.

Good luck mate, hope there are a few wins round the corner.

You are the master of your fate:
You are the captain of your soul.
Thanks

Shockingly, I am still alive, the sun did come up today, and I am still filled with motivation to improve.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Laver
We all choke. That’s all right. We’re not machines. What you have to learn is to accept that fact and not panic. It’s the panic that loses the matches, not the nerves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Player
The harder you try, the luckier you get.
Johnny Groove is offline  
post #1760 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Registered User
 
Mountaindewslave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,321
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Lost 0-6, 0-6 to Wojcik in consolation. Bit of a harsh score. Twice I had 15-40 to break but missed. I also had game point in two other games. 6-1, 6-3 is a fairer score.

either way though. My shoulder hurts, I am spent, burnt out, exhausted, total physical, mental, and emotional burn out.

I need some time off.
I think it says something when you're losing to two different 4.5's 6-0 6-0

what is illogical is there are undoubtedly a number of people on this very forum who are better players than you who aren't trying to becomes pros or who have the 'oh my god future #1 in the world" dream

it just makes zero sense

at your age if you're not already a 5 something you're never going to get there

P.S. when you're back at pizza hut just so you have a head start, I like pineapple on my pizza. thanks

<3 Roger Federer <3 David Ferrer <3 Juan Martin Del Potro <3 Ernest Gulbis <3

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline  
post #1761 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 11:26 PM
Registered User
 
putti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 431
                     
mind the last double bagel was served by 16yo..


Seriously you're mad Johnny.

Fuck Dominos, just don't go back there after you retire, it's a crap job, remember, you never really enjoyed it.
Try to find a career you'll be happy to chase instead.
You could play those tournaments every weekend then
putti is offline  
post #1762 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 11:38 PM
Registered User
 
MichaelKrep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,009
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career



Ah well, this thread has had a good run I guess. Time for a change of scenery.

May I suggest volume two: "Johnny Groove goes to Hollywood"?


Grigor Dimitrov Newest Member of Top 10
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marcos Baghdatis

Andy Murray | Alexandr Dolgopolov | Milos Raonic
Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is offline  
post #1763 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 27
Posts: 42,276
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by putti View Post
mind the last double bagel was served by 16yo..


Seriously you're mad Johnny.

Fuck Dominos, just don't go back there after you retire, it's a crap job, remember, you never really enjoyed it.
Try to find a career you'll be happy to chase instead.
You could play those tournaments every weekend then
He's a really good 16 yo, just you watch.

If I do retire, I'll try to get into grad school, and, at the start, do some dominos.

But fuck, man, I still have 6 months to make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKrep View Post


Ah well, this thread has had a good run I guess. Time for a change of scenery.

May I suggest volume two: "Johnny Groove goes to Hollywood"?
My Hollywood acting and screenplay writing career was always scheduled for after the conclusion of the tennis career. I just hoped it wouldn't be so soon.

But I am not dead yet...

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Laver
We all choke. That’s all right. We’re not machines. What you have to learn is to accept that fact and not panic. It’s the panic that loses the matches, not the nerves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Player
The harder you try, the luckier you get.
Johnny Groove is offline  
post #1764 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 11:56 PM
Registered User
 
Unforced Terror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,139
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
He's a really good 16 yo, just you watch.

If I do retire, I'll try to get into grad school, and, at the start, do some dominos.

But fuck, man, I still have 6 months to make it work.



My Hollywood acting and screenplay writing career was always scheduled for after the conclusion of the tennis career. I just hoped it wouldn't be so soon.

But I am not dead yet...
So when are you officially ending your tennis career? Can you set a limit?

And how are you supposed to have a movie acting career so early when you are still going to be finishing grad school and dominoes? You can't multitask, man.
Unforced Terror is offline  
post #1765 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 11:59 PM
Olympic GOAT
 
Sapeod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 21
Posts: 42,877
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

This thread is beyond comic Honestly, this is such a joke. Makes for good comedy though, I suppose.

LET'S GO!!
SLAMS: 3 TITLES, 8 finals, 9 semi-finals, 8 quarter-finals...
WORLD TOUR FINALS: 1 TITLE, 3 semi-finals...
MASTERS: 14 TITLES, 7 finals, 12 semi-finals, 18 quarter-finals...
OLYMPICS: 2 gold medals, 1 silver...
DAVIS CUP: 1 TITLE, 1 semi-final, 1 quarter-final...
WORLD #1: 2 weeks and counting...
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 630-174...
TITLES: 44 and counting...
~ Roger ~ Monty ~ Pics ~ Stronga ~ Berdman ~ Feli ~
Sapeod is offline  
post #1766 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 12:52 AM
Registered User
 
Hewitt =Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portugal (at heart)
Posts: 10,504
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
This thread is beyond comic Honestly, this is such a joke. Makes for good comedy though, I suppose.
A man who believes he will be the greatest of all time despite not having a single professional main draw win at age 24 and has a casual back up plan of being a Hollywood actor and screenplay writer for when he retires is pretty serious stuff mate.

Life is an orange and you're just a little pip.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline  
post #1767 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 01:01 AM
Registered User
 
samanosuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 20,260
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

don't listen them Johny, i am sure you'll reach stars and earn zillions, when you get full like boat don't forget who was you real friend, who believed in you when nobody did, remember if nadal succeeded everyone could
samanosuke is offline  
post #1768 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 04:09 AM
Registered User
 
Mr. Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,950
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

The acting route is a good option. Reminds me of Duane "The Rock" Johnson's little brother.

Groove, you showed us the serve, now show us the acting.

I posted a brando clip from apocalypse now, learn it, record, then post to MTF.

Your goal is to do it in a way that doesn't make MTF laugh.


The
Horror...

[youtube]KxLFdJLSho8[/youtube]

Novak Djokovic nº1!
The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015 * Indian Wells * Miami
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Either you get him or you don't!

Last edited by Mr. Oracle; 03-03-2014 at 04:11 AM.
Mr. Oracle is offline  
post #1769 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 06:20 AM
Registered User
 
streetballdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Plastic Beach
Posts: 729
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
I'm not retiring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
not retiring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
retiring

Goran Dragić | Novak Djoković

streetballdude is offline  
post #1770 of 5010 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Registered User
 
Mountaindewslave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,321
                     
Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
The acting route is a good option. Reminds me of Duane "The Rock" Johnson's little brother.

Groove, you showed us the serve, now show us the acting.

I posted a brando clip from apocalypse now, learn it, record, then post to MTF.

Your goal is to do it in a way that doesn't make MTF laugh.


The
Horror...

[youtube]KxLFdJLSho8[/youtube]


great advice from Oracle as always

<3 Roger Federer <3 David Ferrer <3 Juan Martin Del Potro <3 Ernest Gulbis <3

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome