Adam's Chat Thread #7 - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #241 of 5000 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Mom 2 2 Beauties
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: On the deuce side, Looking to Come In
Posts: 11,915
                     
Re: The 'thank f**k that crap Australian Open is over' chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenista
I'm beginning to think you're older than I thought.
I'm 40. Left home to go away to college (on my own dime) at 17. Got married at 36 (we did not live together before then).

I just like to think I can hang with you younguns.

I love my girls.
Angle Queen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #242 of 5000 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Registered User
 
acoffeygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: trying to find a place
Posts: 7,680
                     
Re: The 'thank f**k that crap Australian Open is over' chat thread

Has anyone see the movie "Good Night and Good Luck"? I want to see it, but would like to hear some people's opinions.....

"Work like you don't need the money, Sing like nobody's listening, Dance like nobody's watching, Love like you've never been hurt." - Mark Twain

Through this world I've stumbled, So many times betrayed
Trying to find an honest word to find, The truth enslaved
Oh you speak to me in riddles, And you speak to me in rhymes
My body aches to breathe your breath, Your words keep me alive
And I would be the one, To hold you down
Kiss you so hard, I'll take your breath away
And after, I'd wipe away the tears
Just close your eyes dear
acoffeygirl is offline  
post #243 of 5000 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Mom 2 2 Beauties
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: On the deuce side, Looking to Come In
Posts: 11,915
                     
Re: The 'thank f**k that crap Australian Open is over' chat thread

Jess. You're back. Made it home OK? Or is the trip still to come/go?

I love my girls.
Angle Queen is offline  
post #244 of 5000 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Mom 2 2 Beauties
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: On the deuce side, Looking to Come In
Posts: 11,915
                     
Re: The 'thank f**k that crap Australian Open is over' chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by acoffeygirl
Has anyone see the movie "Good Night and Good Luck"? I want to see it, but would like to hear some people's opinions.....
I'd like to know too. It's the only one of the Oscar nominees I think I might have an interest in...

I love my girls.
Angle Queen is offline  
post #245 of 5000 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 06:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Phunkadelicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 33
Posts: 14,727
                     
Re: The 'thank f**k that crap Australian Open is over' chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by acoffeygirl
Has anyone see the movie "Good Night and Good Luck"? I want to see it, but would like to hear some people's opinions.....
See Underworld: Evolution instead... its more entertaining
AQ I kid I kid I can never pass up the chance for a bit of fun
Phunkadelicious is offline  
post #246 of 5000 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
#freeviktor
 
savesthedizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: formerly known as Troickitard
Posts: 93,801
                     
Re: The 'thank f**k that crap Australian Open is over' chat thread

all... I just came to catch up before I leave to go home!

Contrary to whatever Sue may have observed () I too am of the shy variety I think I originally opened up on the Internet because I didn't have be afraid of meeting anyone..... and then I started meeting people.... so... yeah. Hahaha. When I meet people I blurt out the most random things that I really shouldn't. My freshman year I was thinking of rushing a sororiety so I went to an informal tea type thing one of the girls invited me to, before rush starts so people who are semi interested can get an idea. Well, since I knew a girl in the house, everyone was gathering around me and somehow it came up in conversation that I had a crush on Prince Harry. It's totally like, NOT the thing you tell complete strangers. "Hi, I'm Jess, and Prince Harry is hot." But apparently they all thought I was cute or something instead... so that time it worked out because I was so horribly nervous in a social situation that somehow it worked in my favor. Generally however, my social anxiety does NOT work in my favor and I never talk to anyone

I didn't end up rushing the sororiety though... the whole rush thing was not really my scene. I mainly went along as company for the girl I was with who did want to rush. That's an interesting story. The sororiety I happened to fit in with is the one known on campus as like "The fat girl and reject" sororiety, and as we were leaving my friend was like "Wow Jess! You really fit in there!" and she didn't MEAN to say it meanly, but I was like "Um, gosh, thanks." And she was like "Oh, I would NEVER be in that sororiety, I'd rather be in none at all." So she rushed thinking she would get into Tri-Delt since her mom was a legacy at Syracuse even... and well she didn't make it into Tri-Delt's last round so she dropped out of rush altogether. Well, she rushed again the following year... and where did she end up? The sororiety of "losers" she said she would NEVER be in. That said, all the girls I knew in there were perfectly nice girls aka not sluts, which is why their reputation is as it is, I suppose.

Troicki - Djokovic - Del Potro - Kyrgios - Berankis
Cibulkova - Robson - Kirilenko - Azarenka
Retired but always loving Ferrero - Ancic - Kiefer

savesthedizzle is offline  
post #247 of 5000 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 06:35 PM
Registered User
 
LaTenista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SW Ohio
Age: 37
Posts: 17,662
                     
Re: The 'thank f**k that crap Australian Open is over' chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angle Queen
I'm 40. Left home to go away to college (on my own dime) at 17. Got married at 36 (we did not live together before then).

I just like to think I can hang with you younguns.
I thought between 30 and 40.

I'll be 27 in about 6 weeks.

My mum left home at 17 for college too, got married twice and had 2 kids before she 24.5 years old.

Titles: 2005 - PAW Washington 2006 - PTS Marseille, TT Miami Doubles(w/coreyschucky), TT Tokyo Singles 2007 - TT Hamburg Doubles(w/SarettaFan) 2008 - TT Indianapolis Singles Finalist: 2005 - PAW Montreal & Bucharest 2006 - TT Acapulco Singles & Doubles(w/Iza), TT Houston Doubles(w/robrulz5), PTS Monte Carlo, TT Barcelona Doubles(w/Peta Pan), TT Newport Doubles(w/adee-gee), PAW Umag 2007 - TT Queen's Singles & Doubles(w/SarettaFan), TT Champaign Doubles(w/TommyB.) 2008 - TT Auckland Doubles(w/invu2day), TT Recanati Singles, TT Newport Doubles(w/sploush), TT Indianapolis Doubles(w/sploush)
Nadal Moyá Ferrer Verdasco Puerta Cañas Andreev Safin
Roddick Blake Salzenstein Delic DeHeart
Montcourt Gasquet Mathieu Serra Simon Santoro
LaTenista is offline  
post #248 of 5000 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
#freeviktor
 
savesthedizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: formerly known as Troickitard
Posts: 93,801
                     
Re: The 'thank f**k that crap Australian Open is over' chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angle Queen
Jess. You're back. Made it home OK? Or is the trip still to come/go?
Trip is still to come, I'm catching up on Internet stuff before I pack up my car and get out of here

Troicki - Djokovic - Del Potro - Kyrgios - Berankis
Cibulkova - Robson - Kirilenko - Azarenka
Retired but always loving Ferrero - Ancic - Kiefer

savesthedizzle is offline  
post #249 of 5000 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Mom 2 2 Beauties
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: On the deuce side, Looking to Come In
Posts: 11,915
                     
Re: The 'thank f**k that crap Australian Open is over' chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoBang!
See Underworld: Evolution instead... its more entertaining
AQ I kid I kid I can never pass up the chance for a bit of fun
Love you too...Brian.

I love my girls.
Angle Queen is offline  
post #250 of 5000 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Mom 2 2 Beauties
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: On the deuce side, Looking to Come In
Posts: 11,915
                     
Re: The 'thank f**k that crap Australian Open is over' chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenista
I thought between 30 and 40.
Good guessing then.

Quote:
I'll be 27 in about 6 weeks.
Great age. While I wouldn't ever think of going back, I really feel like my late 20s/early 30s were my coming out period. I finally became comfortable with who and what I was (a skinny, nerdy engineer...destined to be an old maid ).

Quote:
My mum left home at 17 for college too, got married twice and had 2 kids before she 24.5 years old.
That's an experience! Glad I waited to marry (although having the kids younger might have been a smarter idea ).

I love my girls.
Angle Queen is offline  
post #251 of 5000 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
#freeviktor
 
savesthedizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: formerly known as Troickitard
Posts: 93,801
                     
Re: The 'thank f**k that crap Australian Open is over' chat thread

Why have I been posting novel length reponses that go off on random tangents today?

I think it is the lack of sleep I haven't exactly recovered from since the AO.

If I'm lucky Novak will play at 5 am again

Troicki - Djokovic - Del Potro - Kyrgios - Berankis
Cibulkova - Robson - Kirilenko - Azarenka
Retired but always loving Ferrero - Ancic - Kiefer

savesthedizzle is offline  
post #252 of 5000 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 06:41 PM
Registered User
 
LaTenista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SW Ohio
Age: 37
Posts: 17,662
                     
Re: The 'thank f**k that crap Australian Open is over' chat thread

Jess, I wasn't in a sorority either. Though I did join a co-ed professional fraternity that didn't have a house obviously.

Titles: 2005 - PAW Washington 2006 - PTS Marseille, TT Miami Doubles(w/coreyschucky), TT Tokyo Singles 2007 - TT Hamburg Doubles(w/SarettaFan) 2008 - TT Indianapolis Singles Finalist: 2005 - PAW Montreal & Bucharest 2006 - TT Acapulco Singles & Doubles(w/Iza), TT Houston Doubles(w/robrulz5), PTS Monte Carlo, TT Barcelona Doubles(w/Peta Pan), TT Newport Doubles(w/adee-gee), PAW Umag 2007 - TT Queen's Singles & Doubles(w/SarettaFan), TT Champaign Doubles(w/TommyB.) 2008 - TT Auckland Doubles(w/invu2day), TT Recanati Singles, TT Newport Doubles(w/sploush), TT Indianapolis Doubles(w/sploush)
Nadal Moyá Ferrer Verdasco Puerta Cañas Andreev Safin
Roddick Blake Salzenstein Delic DeHeart
Montcourt Gasquet Mathieu Serra Simon Santoro
LaTenista is offline  
post #253 of 5000 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Mom 2 2 Beauties
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: On the deuce side, Looking to Come In
Posts: 11,915
                     
Re: The 'thank f**k that crap Australian Open is over' chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by savestheday91
all... I just came to catch up before I leave to go home!

Contrary to whatever Sue may have observed () I too am of the shy variety I think I originally opened up on the Internet because I didn't have be afraid of meeting anyone..... and then I started meeting people.... so... yeah. Hahaha. When I meet people I blurt out the most random things that I really shouldn't. My freshman year I was thinking of rushing a sororiety so I went to an informal tea type thing one of the girls invited me to, before rush starts so people who are semi interested can get an idea. Well, since I knew a girl in the house, everyone was gathering around me and somehow it came up in conversation that I had a crush on Prince Harry. It's totally like, NOT the thing you tell complete strangers. "Hi, I'm Jess, and Prince Harry is hot." But apparently they all thought I was cute or something instead... so that time it worked out because I was so horribly nervous in a social situation that somehow it worked in my favor. Generally however, my social anxiety does NOT work in my favor and I never talk to anyone

I didn't end up rushing the sororiety though... the whole rush thing was not really my scene. I mainly went along as company for the girl I was with who did want to rush. That's an interesting story. The sororiety I happened to fit in with is the one known on campus as like "The fat girl and reject" sororiety, and as we were leaving my friend was like "Wow Jess! You really fit in there!" and she didn't MEAN to say it meanly, but I was like "Um, gosh, thanks." And she was like "Oh, I would NEVER be in that sororiety, I'd rather be in none at all." So she rushed thinking she would get into Tri-Delt since her mom was a legacy at Syracuse even... and well she didn't make it into Tri-Delt's last round so she dropped out of rush altogether. Well, she rushed again the following year... and where did she end up? The sororiety of "losers" she said she would NEVER be in. That said, all the girls I knew in there were perfectly nice girls aka not sluts, which is why their reputation is as it is, I suppose.


Sororities. I've never understood them. Fortunately, the Greek Community was almost non-existent at NC State and there was never any pressure to 'belong' to anything. That was a good thing since most of us were middle-class kids busting our asses to put ourselves through school.

I love my girls.
Angle Queen is offline  
post #254 of 5000 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Mom 2 2 Beauties
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: On the deuce side, Looking to Come In
Posts: 11,915
                     
Re: The 'thank f**k that crap Australian Open is over' chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by savestheday91
Why have I been posting novel length reponses that go off on random tangents today?
I love long replies!!!!! (even if they stray a bit!) It's better than a one-word response any day!!!!

I love my girls.
Angle Queen is offline  
post #255 of 5000 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
#freeviktor
 
savesthedizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: formerly known as Troickitard
Posts: 93,801
                     
Re: The 'thank f**k that crap Australian Open is over' chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenista
Jess, I wasn't in a sorority either. Though I did join a co-ed professional fraternity that didn't have a house obviously.

I was tempted to rush again my sophomore year... a lot of my current social issues would probably have been avoided if I did. I would have gotten into several quite easily I think, and there are a few that aren't exactly "loser" sororieties that aren't "party girl" sororities either that I probably would have fit in with.. it's not something I regret at all though.

Troicki - Djokovic - Del Potro - Kyrgios - Berankis
Cibulkova - Robson - Kirilenko - Azarenka
Retired but always loving Ferrero - Ancic - Kiefer

savesthedizzle is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome