movie stuff - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #106 of 1768 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 12:25 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,825
                     
Re: (Road to the) Oscars 2010

It's not her nomination for sure, but what a great song. I'd love to see her do it live. She's stunning.
BigJohn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #107 of 1768 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 14,411
                     
Re: (Road to the) Oscars 2010

Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Song

Nominees:

Crazy Heart (2009) - Ryan Bingham (I); T-Bone Burnett
- For the song "The Weary Kind"

Faubourg 36 (2008) - Reinhardt Wagner (music); Frank Thomas (XV) (lyrics)
- For the song "Loin de Paname"

Nine (2009) - Maury Yeston
- For the song "Take It All"

The Princess and the Frog (2009) - Randy Newman (I)
- For the song "Almost There"

The Princess and the Frog (2009) - Randy Newman (I)
- For the song "Down in New Orleans"










Ivanatis is offline  
post #108 of 1768 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Registered User
 
acionescu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: junk store
Posts: 56,000
                     
Re: (Road to the) Oscars 2010

I hope Firth wins but very unlikely now that SAG and GG went to Bridges

L'alma dell'alma mia,
Il cor del mio cor...
acionescu is offline  
post #109 of 1768 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 09:15 AM
Registered User
 
acionescu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: junk store
Posts: 56,000
                     
Re: (Road to the) Oscars 2010

If all the Cameron's ex-wifes won awards because of that, Hollywood would be full of awarded women, that many he had

L'alma dell'alma mia,
Il cor del mio cor...
acionescu is offline  
post #110 of 1768 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Registered User
 
acionescu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: junk store
Posts: 56,000
                     
Re: (Road to the) Oscars 2010

And I hope El Secreto de Sus Ojos wins If not () Haneke...

L'alma dell'alma mia,
Il cor del mio cor...
acionescu is offline  
post #111 of 1768 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Vault Hunter
 
Aenea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mad Max Land
Posts: 6,521
                     
Re: (Road to the) Oscars 2010

I have seen 7 of the movies nominated for best picture and most of them don't cut it for me. Most of those movies if not all of them are some depressive dramas and I am so fed up of that type of movies. They are screaming loudly "Give me an Oscar" Not like Eastwood dramas though but still... I just feel sick when I watch a film created with the only aim at an Oscar nomination. Oscar nominations are done by the American film academy so they could be just fine for the Americans but I am fed up with their films about their wars - Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan etc. I just don't care, I've seen enough on this subject but they keep digging.
A movie starring Mariah Carey nominated for an Oscar in best picture category - that should never happen.
Sandra Bullock who never learned how to act properly nominated for Best Actress
And of course an Oscar for Jeff Bridges for portraying an aging alcoholic who finds happiness again ... wow, how innovative and never seen before!!!
No creativity in any of those movies, no interesting ideas, nothing. All the same old stories just told in a different way.

When I'm good, I'm very good...but when I'm bad, I'm better
Aenea is offline  
post #112 of 1768 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 14,411
                     
Re: (Road to the) Oscars 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
And I hope El Secreto de Sus Ojos wins If not () Haneke...
Would have been great to see one of these two get a Best Picture nomination, especially with 10 spots now, bad that it didn't happen. I still hope for Haneke to win it, but I guess it will be really close between those two, would be even closer with Los Abrazos Rotos in the contest.
However, Okuribito was quite an underdog last year, particularly against Vals Im Bashir, but also the others, so it wouldn't be too surprising either if the Israeli, Peruvian or French film wins in the end.
Ivanatis is offline  
post #113 of 1768 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 14,411
                     
Re: (Road to the) Oscars 2010

Up wins the Animated Feature Oscar Annie and Up in the Air wins the USC Scripter Award:
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,1168318.story
Ivanatis is offline  
post #114 of 1768 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 05:53 PM
Registered User
 
Chiakifug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,511
                     
Re: (Road to the) Oscars 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenea View Post
I have seen 7 of the movies nominated for best picture and most of them don't cut it for me. Most of those movies if not all of them are some depressive dramas and I am so fed up of that type of movies. They are screaming loudly "Give me an Oscar" Not like Eastwood dramas though but still... I just feel sick when I watch a film created with the only aim at an Oscar nomination. Oscar nominations are done by the American film academy so they could be just fine for the Americans but I am fed up with their films about their wars - Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan etc. I just don't care, I've seen enough on this subject but they keep digging.
A movie starring Mariah Carey nominated for an Oscar in best picture category - that should never happen.
Sandra Bullock who never learned how to act properly nominated for Best Actress
And of course an Oscar for Jeff Bridges for portraying an aging alcoholic who finds happiness again ... wow, how innovative and never seen before!!!
No creativity in any of those movies, no interesting ideas, nothing. All the same old stories just told in a different way.


Precious doesnt 'star' Carey at all. Since when is a 10 min role 'starring'? Have you seen it?
Chiakifug is offline  
post #115 of 1768 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Vault Hunter
 
Aenea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mad Max Land
Posts: 6,521
                     
Re: (Road to the) Oscars 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiakifug View Post
Precious doesnt 'star' Carey at all. Since when is a 10 min role 'starring'? Have you seen it?
Well maybe I used a wrong word as I am not fluent in English. Maybe knowing it's an international board you should ask me do I know what "starring" means instead have I watched it. Any movie that has Carey in its cast shouldn't be nominated for an Oscar, OK? Is now clear what I mean?

When I'm good, I'm very good...but when I'm bad, I'm better
Aenea is offline  
post #116 of 1768 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 11:46 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,825
                     
Re: (Road to the) Oscars 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenea View Post
Well maybe I used a wrong word as I am not fluent in English. Maybe knowing it's an international board you should ask me do I know what "starring" means instead have I watched it. Any movie that has Carey in its cast shouldn't be nominated for an Oscar, OK? Is now clear what I mean?
It is pretty clear, but it is pretty stupid to say that.

It does not mean anything at all that Carey is in it. It is pretty sad to discard a good movie because you dislike one actor that has a tiny part in it. And in that movie, she is indeed an actress, and she is quite good.

Some actresses have gone from Oscar to Razzie (Halle Berry), Carey went from Razzie to what everyone hails as a really really good piece of acting in an Oscar nominated movie. One of the 5 that actually belong to that category this year. I dislike pretty much every piece of music that she put out, but here, she went completely into that role. Some people cannot believe that Cher ever won an Oscar based on her previous work, and Eric Bana was known as clown on TV in Australia while in North America, he's pretty much known only as a serious actor.
BigJohn is offline  
post #117 of 1768 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 14,411
                     
Re: (Road to the) Oscars 2010

just a side note while there's been not so much award action recently:
currently the Berlin film festival Berlinale takes place and tonight they will show a director's cut of Fritz Lang's masterpiece Metropolis from the 1920s which will include roughly 30 minutes new material found in a film museum in Buenos Aires
Ivanatis is offline  
post #118 of 1768 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Registered User
 
Bilbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lena-Land
Posts: 73,673
                     
Re: (Road to the) Oscars 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck View Post
just a side note while there's been not so much award action recently:
currently the Berlin film festival Berlinale takes place and tonight they will show a director's cut of Fritz Lang's masterpiece Metropolis from the 1920s which will include roughly 30 minutes new material found in a film museum in Buenos Aires
are you going? should be interesting for a movie addict like you
Bilbo is offline  
post #119 of 1768 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 14,411
                     
Re: (Road to the) Oscars 2010

sure, but not at the Berlinale
still undecided between Brandenburg Gate, where they put up a giant screen, and arte
Ivanatis is offline  
post #120 of 1768 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Registered User
 
Bilbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lena-Land
Posts: 73,673
                     
Re: (Road to the) Oscars 2010

i'm surprised you watch old movies like this. usually most people can't even look past star wars (1977).
Bilbo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome