•°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.19 - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 5026 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Faithful Txurigorri
 
Arkulari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
Posts: 24,903
                     
Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.19

Wimbledon is probably the most closed slam nowadays, only Roger, Rafa and Duck have a real shot at it
AO is way more open usually but this year it was dominated by Fedal as well

Rafael "The Matador of Spin" Nadal
Roger “The Magician of Precision” Federer
Del Potro, Ferrer, Haas, Zeballos


Arkulari is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 5026 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Registered User
 
Certinfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 44,876
                     
Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.19

I'll pay 20k to anyone who predicts how 3 of these will go at the Australian Open (Must get all 3 correct):

Federer
Nadal
Djokovic
Murray
Del Potro
Roddick
Certinfy is offline  
post #93 of 5026 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 08:43 PM
Unregistered User
 
ShotmaKer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Snoozing in the lair
Age: 31
Posts: 9,588
                     
Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infini. View Post
Djou are you looking forward to hearing/buying/downloading Mayer's new album?
Nope, I don't think so. I don't know, I've kinda reappraised how I feel about his musice lately. I think I saw something, or red something, can't really recall right now Or may be it's just the fact that he's all over the place in Europe right now, and that bothers me (I know I'm weird). Well, I always knew he's kind of a show-off you know, but I guess what I used to like about him is he got his fame by starting to play live, in small bars... And now, it's kind of all pretty much gone And although he is definitely really talented as a guitar player (that's why I used to like him in the first place - and his voice is not really bad either), it seems like I don't appreciate him that much anymore. Bottom line is I think it has to do with the fact that he stopped doing Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan covers, but rather focuses on his own stuff now...

I know I'm kinda talking nonsense here Dini (my brain is getting really tiiiiireeeed) Hope you understood what I was trying to say though


Thanks for the support Jase, appreciate it


Nat, Tori



Dani
ShotmaKer is offline  
post #94 of 5026 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Faithful Txurigorri
 
Arkulari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
Posts: 24,903
                     
Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.19

Federer = Winner
Nadal = SF (losing to Del Potro)
Roddick = QF (losing to Federer)

Rafael "The Matador of Spin" Nadal
Roger “The Magician of Precision” Federer
Del Potro, Ferrer, Haas, Zeballos


Arkulari is offline  
post #95 of 5026 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Registered User
 
Cloudygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,070
                     
Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.19

i would have said that about Roland. I just don't see anyone winning it for years other than Fedal. Maybe Nole one day.

Richard GasquetGilles SimonRafa Nadal Stan Wawrinka Andy Murray
Cloudygirl is offline  
post #96 of 5026 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Registered User
 
Certinfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 44,876
                     
Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
Wimbledon is probably the most closed slam nowadays, only Roger, Rafa and Duck have a real shot at it
AO is way more open usually but this year it was dominated by Fedal as well
Yeah there's quite a difference between them 3 and the rest, perhaps with only Djokovic and Murray just a little behind.

Both shouldn't have made the final , Verdasco and Berdych should have beaten them
Certinfy is offline  
post #97 of 5026 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Registered User
 
Cloudygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,070
                     
Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.19

Federer - winner
Nadal - semi
Djokovic - final

Richard GasquetGilles SimonRafa Nadal Stan Wawrinka Andy Murray

Last edited by Cloudygirl; 10-26-2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: meh
Cloudygirl is offline  
post #98 of 5026 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 08:46 PM
Registered User
 
Dini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dreamland
Age: 26
Posts: 19,148
                     
Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotmaKer View Post
Nope, I don't think so. I don't know, I've kinda reappraised how I feel about his musice lately. I think I saw something, or red something, can't really recall right now Or may be it's just the fact that he's all over the place in Europe right now, and that bothers me (I know I'm weird). Well, I always knew he's kind of a show-off you know, but I guess what I used to like about him is he got his fame by starting to play live, in small bars... And now, it's kind of all pretty much gone And although he is definitely really talented as a guitar player (that's why I used to like him in the first place - and his voice is not really bad either), it seems like I don't appreciate him that much anymore. Bottom line is I think it has to do with the fact that he stopped doing Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan covers, but rather focuses on his own stuff now...

I know I'm kinda talking nonsense here Dini (my brain is getting really tiiiiireeeed) Hope you understood what I was trying to say though
I understand, but you're a complicated man Djou (it's a compliment ).
Dini is offline  
post #99 of 5026 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Registered User
 
Certinfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 44,876
                     
Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.19

Is it far to say Del Potro has a good chance of doing very well at the Australian Open?
Certinfy is offline  
post #100 of 5026 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Registered User
 
Dini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dreamland
Age: 26
Posts: 19,148
                     
Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.19

I have no idea. Can I predict after the WTFs?
Dini is offline  
post #101 of 5026 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Registered User
 
Cloudygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,070
                     
Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.19

I got my wtf tickets on saturday yay.

Richard GasquetGilles SimonRafa Nadal Stan Wawrinka Andy Murray
Cloudygirl is offline  
post #102 of 5026 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 08:51 PM
Faithful Txurigorri
 
Arkulari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
Posts: 24,903
                     
Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.19

Jase: the AO surface doesn't really benefit Juan's strokes like the USO does, so I do give him a chance, but it's not as high as the USO is

Vamos Tori!
you better take TONS of pics
are you going to Bercy or not?

Rafael "The Matador of Spin" Nadal
Roger “The Magician of Precision” Federer
Del Potro, Ferrer, Haas, Zeballos


Arkulari is offline  
post #103 of 5026 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 08:51 PM
Registered User
 
Certinfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 44,876
                     
Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.19

Ain't Tori the 1 who said tickets were too expensive?

Yeah Nadine.
Certinfy is offline  
post #104 of 5026 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 08:51 PM
Registered User
 
Dini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dreamland
Age: 26
Posts: 19,148
                     
Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.19

Tori what day(s) are you going?
Dini is offline  
post #105 of 5026 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Registered User
 
Certinfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 44,876
                     
Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
Jase: the AO surface doesn't really benefit Juan's strokes like the USO does, so I do give him a chance, but it's not as high as the USO is
Yeah but this year he reached the Quarters, when he was an average player, and now he's even better he should at least go 1 further
Certinfy is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome