•°o*Wisdom is a Woman, and Loves only a Warrior/ the Castle, vol.5 - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #226 of 5009 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Olympic GOAT
 
Sapeod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 21
Posts: 42,188
                     
Re: •°o*Wisdom is a Woman, and Loves only a Warrior/ the Castle, vol.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
I'm good. I'm Tori btw
Good to see you around the castle Tori Always great to see new warriors joining.

ANDY MURRAY

SLAMS: 3 WINS, 8 finals, 9 semi-finals, 8 quarter-finals...
WORLD TOUR FINALS: 3 semi-finals...
MASTERS: 12 WINS, 6 finals, 13 semi-finals, 18 quarter-finals...
OLYMPICS: 2 gold medals, 1 silver...
DAVIS CUP: 2016 champion...
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 606-172...
TITLES: 39 and counting...
~ Roger ~ Monty ~ Pics ~ Stronga ~ Berdman ~ Feli ~
Sapeod is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #227 of 5009 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:05 PM
.
 
Dini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dreamland
Age: 25
Posts: 19,148
                     
Re: •°o*Wisdom is a Woman, and Loves only a Warrior/ the Castle, vol.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedevil0289 View Post
Haha. Sorry about that. I know it was it was in the castle though. Anyways, what's going on?
I'm pretty sure it was in the richie chat thread, and Dani *bgt* was the one who mentioned it, if memory serves me correctly.

"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won."
Dini is offline  
post #228 of 5009 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:06 PM
Registered User
 
Cloudygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,070
                     
Re: •°o*Wisdom is a Woman, and Loves only a Warrior/ the Castle, vol.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTheKnife View Post
Awesome stuff Jose. Has this sport come a long way or what. Bookmarked that baby !!




Your entire perception of the sport will change when you see these guys live. TV does this sport no justice.
Until last year I hadn't seen a live match since 94 and I was amazed (unless my memory is just distorted) at how much harder the ball is hit now. Also the amount of spin that is put on it (by most players not just people like Nadal) is amazing. You just don't see that on the tv. I also didn't realise the athleticism involved. Can't beat live tennis.


I'm not a player of tennis. I used to play badminton a lot when I lived up north but now I just go to the gym and run. I do like playing badminton more than tennis though. I find tennis frustrating I just can't make the ball do what I want it to.

Richard GasquetGilles SimonRafa Nadal Stan Wawrinka Andy Murray
Cloudygirl is offline  
post #229 of 5009 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:13 PM
.
 
Dini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dreamland
Age: 25
Posts: 19,148
                     
Re: •°o*Wisdom is a Woman, and Loves only a Warrior/ the Castle, vol.5

I'm thinking of changing my username.

"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won."
Dini is offline  
post #230 of 5009 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:15 PM
Faithful Txurigorri
 
Arkulari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 31
Posts: 24,903
                     
Re: •°o*Wisdom is a Woman, and Loves only a Warrior/ the Castle, vol.5

why Nad?

Rafael "The Matador of Spin" Nadal
Roger “The Magician of Precision” Federer
Del Potro, Ferrer, Haas, Zeballos


Arkulari is offline  
post #231 of 5009 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:17 PM
.
 
Dini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dreamland
Age: 25
Posts: 19,148
                     
Re: •°o*Wisdom is a Woman, and Loves only a Warrior/ the Castle, vol.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFedex View Post
why Nad?
Dunno. I like to change every now and again.

"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won."
Dini is offline  
post #232 of 5009 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:18 PM
10S NE1
 
MacTheKnife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 10,575
                     
Re: •°o*Wisdom is a Woman, and Loves only a Warrior/ the Castle, vol.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
Until last year I hadn't seen a live match since 94 and I was amazed (unless my memory is just distorted) at how much harder the ball is hit now. Also the amount of spin that is put on it (by most players not just people like Nadal) is amazing. You just don't see that on the tv. I also didn't realise the athleticism involved. Can't beat live tennis.


I'm not a player of tennis. I used to play badminton a lot when I lived up north but now I just go to the gym and run. I do like playing badminton more than tennis though. I find tennis frustrating I just can't make the ball do what I want it to.
Isn't it awesome. I've been very fortunate in my life and had opportunities to be involved in big time tournaments all my life. There is nothing like seeing it in person. The real beauty of this sport is anybody can play as long as someone close to their level is on the other side of the net.
As for making the ball do what you want it to, no one can all the time. That's the challenge, just increase the number of times you do. In the beginning, it only takes a good shot or two to keep you coming back.

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS
MacTheKnife is offline  
post #233 of 5009 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:21 PM
Faithful Txurigorri
 
Arkulari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 31
Posts: 24,903
                     
Re: •°o*Wisdom is a Woman, and Loves only a Warrior/ the Castle, vol.5

Tennis live is the best thing, the only GS I've never been to is the Australian Open, but thankfully I've gotten the opportunity to go to the other three and it's an amazing experience, now I'm slowly starting to take my kids to tennis events

heck, I LOVE live sports, whether is pelota vasca, soccer, handball, you name it and I'm there, my husband once told me that if I got the opportunity to go and watch live the third division of the Vietnamite handball league, I would!!!

Rafael "The Matador of Spin" Nadal
Roger “The Magician of Precision” Federer
Del Potro, Ferrer, Haas, Zeballos


Arkulari is offline  
post #234 of 5009 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:24 PM
10S NE1
 
MacTheKnife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 10,575
                     
Re: •°o*Wisdom is a Woman, and Loves only a Warrior/ the Castle, vol.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFedex View Post
Tennis live is the best thing, the only GS I've never been to is the Australian Open, but thankfully I've gotten the opportunity to go to the other three and it's an amazing experience, now I'm slowly starting to take my kids to tennis events

heck, I LOVE live sports, whether is pelota vasca, soccer, handball, you name it and I'm there, my husband once told me that if I got the opportunity to go and watch live the third division of the Vietnamite handball league, I would!!!
Me too Nat, 24 hours on an airplane just isn't happening for me !!! NO WAY !!

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS
MacTheKnife is offline  
post #235 of 5009 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:24 PM
Registered User
 
Cloudygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,070
                     
Re: •°o*Wisdom is a Woman, and Loves only a Warrior/ the Castle, vol.5

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009...adal-interview

has anyone else read this article, it had me

Quote:
Physically, the players are opposites: Nadal's golden-umber skin, deep-set inky eyes and prominent cheekbones evoke 19th-century paintings of Mayan chiefs; Nalbandian's blond ponytail, long stubble and messianic blue eyes recall a pirate on an extended binge.
Quote:
Nalbandian saunters over to Nadal, his insistent machismo lending the meeting of the two camps the air of the Jets confronting the Sharks, but with high fives all round. Nadal is friendly and polite, but he's subdued, probably because of his history with Nalbandian, who is known as King David in his native Argentina and is a strike-first player who can beat anybody when he's in the mood, which he isn't all that much.

Does this woman write Mills and Boon in her spare time or something.

Richard GasquetGilles SimonRafa Nadal Stan Wawrinka Andy Murray

Last edited by Cloudygirl; 06-15-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Cloudygirl is offline  
post #236 of 5009 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:25 PM
10S NE1
 
MacTheKnife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 10,575
                     
Re: •°o*Wisdom is a Woman, and Loves only a Warrior/ the Castle, vol.5

Vcash bets are up for tomorrow. Some tough ones. I just checked my stats and I'm 15-1 in the last 16 bets. Looking at tomorrows match ups, I have a feeling that will change soon..

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS
MacTheKnife is offline  
post #237 of 5009 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:28 PM
Faithful Txurigorri
 
Arkulari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 31
Posts: 24,903
                     
Re: •°o*Wisdom is a Woman, and Loves only a Warrior/ the Castle, vol.5

it's so awesome to check the differences in venues and crowds, I like the german crowd a lot, been to Hamburg and Stuttgart several times, sadly there's no big tournament on Germany any longer

I dislike the french crowd in both RG and the BNP Paribas Masters, they are really rude and loud and obnoxious

the Wimbledon crowd is more mixed, less tardish but a bit boring sometimes

the USO crowd is different whether is day or night: day crowd is the usual retired/tourist/fan based one, very respectful and knowing, night crowd is more rowdy and basketball-like, people swear and drink there

Rafael "The Matador of Spin" Nadal
Roger “The Magician of Precision” Federer
Del Potro, Ferrer, Haas, Zeballos


Arkulari is offline  
post #238 of 5009 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Registered User
 
icedevil0289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,548
                     
Re: •°o*Wisdom is a Woman, and Loves only a Warrior/ the Castle, vol.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
I'm pretty sure it was in the richie chat thread, and Dani *bgt* was the one who mentioned it, if memory serves me correctly.
Haha, thanks nadine. I'm 99.9% sure it was in the castle thread. I think BGT or Dani popped by one time.
icedevil0289 is offline  
post #239 of 5009 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Registered User
 
Cloudygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,070
                     
Re: •°o*Wisdom is a Woman, and Loves only a Warrior/ the Castle, vol.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFedex View Post
it's so awesome to check the differences in venues and crowds, I like the german crowd a lot, been to Hamburg and Stuttgart several times, sadly there's no big tournament on Germany any longer

I dislike the french crowd in both RG and the BNP Paribas Masters, they are really rude and loud and obnoxious

the Wimbledon crowd is more mixed, less tardish but a bit boring sometimes

the USO crowd is different whether is day or night: day crowd is the usual retired/tourist/fan based one, very respectful and knowing, night crowd is more rowdy and basketball-like, people swear and drink there
Bercy is weird. When I've watched it on tv I've always found the crowd really really rude but when I was there I didn't notice it at all. I would love to go to the Aussie open the crowd there looks great fun.

Richard GasquetGilles SimonRafa Nadal Stan Wawrinka Andy Murray
Cloudygirl is offline  
post #240 of 5009 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:32 PM
Faithful Txurigorri
 
Arkulari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 31
Posts: 24,903
                     
Re: •°o*Wisdom is a Woman, and Loves only a Warrior/ the Castle, vol.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009...adal-interview

has anyone else read this article, it had me






Does this woman write Mills and Boon in her spare time or something.
something about lengths and cleavages and ragged breathing?

and Nalby might be blonde and blue eyed but is nowhere near handsome

the whole "messianic blue eyes" made me remember the crappiest ad I've ever seen a player on (even if the Nole supermarket and Misha Chupa Chups are quite close )

[youtube]IN9DK7bCduw[/youtube]



Tori: did you go when a french or spanish player was on? , the tardism/rude levels shot up big big time, I remember a Grosjean match back in 2001, the crowd was , even Seb looked embarrassed

Rafael "The Matador of Spin" Nadal
Roger “The Magician of Precision” Federer
Del Potro, Ferrer, Haas, Zeballos


Arkulari is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome