Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 104 - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1546 of 2322 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 04:49 PM
Registered User
 
Pfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Madrid
Age: 29
Posts: 14,942
                     
Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Yes, I know it is not Prog, but it is rock, so with your permission Karin, I'll post some rock

[youtube]09zBftEqBN0[/youtube]

It's always Night, or we wouldn't need Light. - Thelonius Monk (via Thomas Pynchon)
Pfloyd is offline  
post #1547 of 2322 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
                     
Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
Yes, I know it is not Prog, but it is rock, so with your permission Karin, I'll post some rock
- though not really 'prog', awesome music. I love them as well, like I am in awe of 'Britpop' in general . I'm not much of a 'purist progger', as you might well know by now.

FINALLY got my 'job' done tonight, i.e., posting my latest reviews to my blog.

5Bridges & Leap Day in Iduna, Drachten, NL

as well as

Porcupine Tree & Robert Fripp at the HMH in Amsterdam, NL

Enjoy, folks. Do let me know what you think of both of my attempts to describe both the 'journeymen' as well as the 'Top Notch Players' within this particular game, eh?

"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline  
post #1548 of 2322 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 12:21 AM
Pray For Death
 
Clay Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 67,609
                     
Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
Yes, I know it is not Prog, but it is rock, so with your permission Karin, I'll post some rock

[youtube]09zBftEqBN0[/youtube]

outstanding song manu.

dont know much about progressive rock but i can enjoy rock and classic rock. we have so many radio stations in the south here playing classic rock around the clock that it is hard not to become a fan of it.




Clay Death is offline  
post #1549 of 2322 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
                     
Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
outstanding song manu.

dont know much about progressive rock but i can enjoy rock and classic rock. we have so many radio stations in the south here playing classic rock around the clock that it is hard not to become a fan of it.

Time to check it out for a bit, CD. I ensure you, you'll love it.

"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline  
post #1550 of 2322 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 12:47 AM
Pray For Death
 
Clay Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 67,609
                     
Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
Time to check it out for a bit, CD. I ensure you, you'll love it.
affirmative. will do.






Clay Death is offline  
post #1551 of 2322 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
                     
Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
affirmative. will do.
Start off with the Classics - Yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd, King Crimson & Van der Graaf Generator. Not an easy task, but if you manage to get yourself through those, I'd expect you to appreciate a lot more...

"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline  
post #1552 of 2322 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 01:19 AM
Pray For Death
 
Clay Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 67,609
                     
Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
Start off with the Classics - Yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd, King Crimson & Van der Graaf Generator. Not an easy task, but if you manage to get yourself through those, I'd expect you to appreciate a lot more...
i am familiar with Genesis and Pink Floyd karin. pink Floyd is one of the true all time great bands.

i will certainly check out some of these as the time permits.

Clay Death is offline  
post #1553 of 2322 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
                     
Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
i am familiar with Genesis and Pink Floyd karin. pink Floyd is one of the true all time great bands.

i will certainly check out some of these as the time permits.
Van Der Graaf Generator - aka Peter Hammill's most lovely:

[Youtube]wyTsjN285gg[/Youtube]

Refugees.

If THIS isn't true Prog Loveliness, I don't know what is...

EDIT: and a LIVE VERSION, from 2005 -

[youtube]9r7cXRJqofw[/YOUTUBE]

Oh My God... fantastic!
Mr. Hammill was already past his 60's there. What a performance. What a guy!

"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age; 10-27-2009 at 01:33 AM.
Sunset of Age is offline  
post #1554 of 2322 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 01:45 AM
Pray For Death
 
Clay Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 67,609
                     
Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
Van Der Graaf Generator - aka Peter Hammill's most lovely:

[Youtube]wyTsjN285gg[/Youtube]

Refugees.

If THIS isn't true Prog Loveliness, I don't know what is...

EDIT: and a LIVE VERSION, from 2005 -

[youtube]9r7cXRJqofw[/YOUTUBE]

Oh My God... fantastic!
Mr. Hammill was already past his 60's there. What a performance. What a guy!


beautiful music karin. i enjoyed it. thanks for sharing.

Clay Death is offline  
post #1555 of 2322 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 01:50 AM Thread Starter
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
                     
Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
beautiful music karin. i enjoyed it. thanks for sharing.
You're welcome!
Another one... in fact, from a concert I attended myself:

[youtube]CW7NC9V0XAY[/youtube]

Van Der Graaf's GOG!

WARNING: This one is for the more experienced Proggers.

"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline  
post #1556 of 2322 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
                     
Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

One more:

[youtube]u4hlYPSbBAY[/youtube]

Man-Erg.

"The Killer lives inside me... yes I can feel him move...."


What a song. Peter Hammill = GOD.

"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age; 10-27-2009 at 02:07 AM.
Sunset of Age is offline  
post #1557 of 2322 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 01:59 AM
Pray For Death
 
Clay Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 67,609
                     
Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
You're welcome!
Another one... in fact, from a concert I attended myself:

[youtube]CW7NC9V0XAY[/youtube]

Van Der Graaf's GOG!

WARNING: This one is for the more experienced Proggers.
i am listening to this song right now.

Clay Death is offline  
post #1558 of 2322 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 02:05 AM
Pray For Death
 
Clay Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 67,609
                     
Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
One more:

[youtube]u4hlYPSbBAY[/youtube]

Man-Erg.

"The Killer lives inside me... yes I can feel him move...."


What a song. Peter Hamill = GOD.
great finish. they are supremely talented to be sure.

and you are right. one has to be little more seasoned with prog rock to fully appreciate these new frontiers in rock.

Clay Death is offline  
post #1559 of 2322 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 02:11 AM Thread Starter
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
                     
Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
great finish. they are supremely talented to be sure.

and you are right. one has to be little more seasoned with prog rock to fully appreciate these new frontiers in rock.
- well, it is a bit of an 'adjusted/acquired taste' to fully be able to appreciate these fellow's achievements. In all, I'm very happy to have been able to accomplish that myself, just like I happen to love classical music (most of all opera & church music) just the same.

An 'Acquired Taste' so to say, yay!

"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline  
post #1560 of 2322 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 02:29 AM
Pray For Death
 
Clay Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 67,609
                     
Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
- well, it is a bit of an 'adjusted/acquired taste' to fully be able to appreciate these fellow's achievements. In all, I'm very happy to have been able to accomplish that myself, just like I happen to love classical music (most of all opera & church music) just the same.

An 'Acquired Taste' so to say, yay!

affirmative. you are more seasoned, acculturated, and informed about prog rock. perhaps manu the magnificent is also able to appreciate the profound talents of these prg rock musicians.

i am just a dumb jock with hercules-like muscles everywhere but i do love music a lot.

and i do appreciate your efforts and manu`s efforts to post some outstanding music for all of us to enjoy. i might just end up exploring new horizons.

Clay Death is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome