- View Single Post - Nico's 2009 Schedule And Results- see first post
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 04:00 PM
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor
Re: Nico's (tentative) 2006 Schedule

Originally Posted by NicoFan
Sorry to hear that about their financial problems. And lol...figures Nico liked it if there were a lot of "social" aspects to the!

I would love it if he went to the US tournaments instead. It always takes him so long to get used to hardcourts. It would be great to have 3-4 warmups on hardcourts before Toronto, Cincy, and the US Open.

But Nico hasn't called me for my opinion, so doubt that will happen...
There is a pub there called "The Londoner" - everyone goes there - it is so infamous that it even gets a mention on one of the Kitz tourist board sites! Made me laugh to see David Ferrer walking around the Hotel in Madrid wearing an "I've been to the Londoner" T-shirt last month And -yes - Nico loves it there!!!!!

As for the US tourneys - I take your point and it's an interesting idea - but I doubt it will happen, because Nico is likely to accrue more points on clay than on hard courts so I think Gaby will go for that option next year. I was interested to hear that even Coria and Nalbandian - who tried the hard court option instead of clay this year (ie Rotterdam and Marseille instead of Buenos Aries and Acapulco etc) are seemingly returning to the clay for 2006.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome