Mens Tennis Forums banner

Michael Ryderstedt Cheering Thread

41K views 323 replies 28 participants last post by  cristalmeister 
#1 ·
This is a thread for the up and coming swede Michael Ryderstedt. What a week this promising young swede had in stockholm...hes shown the world what he can do and i'm sure he'll have an even better year in 2005 :yeah:

In stockhom:
Swedish wild card Michael Ryderstedt upset fifth seed Feliciano Lopez 6-4 6-7(4) 6-3. The 19-year-old Ryderstedt, who is playing his first career ATP event, fought off two break points early in the first set, then got a break to go up 5-4 and then won the set on his serve. Each player had two breaks in the second set, forcing the tie-break that Lopez prevailed in. Ryderstedt got an early break in the third, then held off several break points in a marathon game while serving at 3-1, before coming away with the win.

WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID:
Ryderstedt:
“I have not understood that I have done so well, it's hard to say how this is going to end. I am shocked, surprised and happy. To be able to follow up one of the wins of my career yesterday and play the match of my life today is fantastic.”

“I didn't think that much, I just went out there and played. I am usually more nervous but today I just thought about the next point.

Then he went into the semis where he faced joachim johansson....

Swedish wild card Michael Ryderstedt, playing in his first career ATP tournament, advanced to the semifinals when No. 2 Joachim Johansson retired with a virus. The 19-year-old Ryderstedt lost the first set 6-3 and was serving at 5-3 when Johansson stopped playing.

Ryderstedt: “I'm not used to it but try to enjoy the attention, especially when I'm out there on the court playing. I have dreamt about being on the court instead of being a spectator as I've been the last couple of years. I've had three surprising wins here. The feeling after the match is completely different when someone retires. There weren't any long rallies so I couldn't tell that he wasn't feeling well.”

Then in the semis he faced fellow swede Thomas Johansson....
The older Swede ousted countryman Michael Ryderstedt 6-3, 6-2 to move a step closer to his second title in the Swedish capital.

Here is some information about him:

Birthdate: 11/12/1984

2004 HIGHLIGHTS
Singles Winner: Iran F1, Iran F2, Denmark F3 Finalist: Finland F2 Semifinalist: Stockholm, Bukhara Quarterfinalist: Tehran, Samarkand, Japan F3, Korea F1 Doubles Finalist: Japan F3(w/Nielsen), Valladolid(w/Qureshi)

Singles Record: 3 - 1

Current ATP Ranking: 168
:eek: :clap2:

See less See more
#229 ·
Chennai qualy

Kunitsyn Igor(1) vs. Narayanaswamy, Srirambalaji
Ghouse, Mustafa vs. Selvaraj, Ajai
Rastogi, Karan vs. Sharan, Divij
Wagh, Akash vs. Kudryatsev, Alexandre (8)

Kristian Pless (2) vs. Shokeen, Vivek
Perananallur Chandra Sekar, Vignesh vs. Ratiwatana, Sochat
Zovko,Lavro vs. Sipaeya, Sunil Kumar
Matuskevich, Denis vs. Ryderstadt, Micheal (6)

Levy, Harel (3) vs. Levinsky, Jaroslav
Kannan, Kamala vs. Bhambri, Yuki
Micheal Martinak vs. Kannan, Vijay
Singh, Gursharan vs. Ram, Rajeev (7)

Stefano Galvani (4) vs. Mankad, Harsh
Amritraj, Stephen vs. Liberhan, Tushar
Virali Murugesan, Ranjeet vs. Martin, David
Sridhar, Vinod vs. Peya, Alexander (5)

#230 ·
From his match against...Luzzi?
Aus Open Qualifying.

Attachments

#234 ·
Yay! He won something [and so did Bjorn Rehnquist this week :D].

Thanks for sharing those pics, and that stomach is looking rather nice :eek:

#236 ·
he is not winning enough, that is for sure

#238 ·
lost today in 2nd round of Cherbourg. But qualified and won 1st round.

#239 ·
Kyoto Challenger
(2)Robert Smeets (AUS) vs Michael Ryderstedt (SWE)

Harsh Mankad/Michael Ryderstedt (IND/SWE) vs Matthias Bachinger/Daniel Brands (GER)

#240 ·
he will lose i think, in both

#241 ·
Halfway there! That challenger site is lots of fun. All of a sudden Spanish is not so difficult.

Kyoto Challenger
(2)Robert Smeets (AUS) df Michael Ryderstedt (SWE) 57, 76[2], 64

Mankad/Ryderstedt (IND/SWE) vs Bachinger/Brands (GER)

#242 ·
Doubles also lost...sad for poor Mikki

#243 ·

From Danai Udomchoke's website. I know it's a bad, and small picture...but I find his expression [it is him, second from right?] priceless.

#245 · (Edited)
ATP SAN JOSÈ QUALIFYING:

R:1 Ryderstedt def Gregorc 6-2 6-3
R:2 Ryderstedt def D.Young 6-3 6-2

Final: Ryderstedt def Mello 2-1

First round MAIN DRAW: RYDERSTEDT-RODDICK

COME ON MICKE!

#246 ·
Poor Michael :(

SAP OPEN San Jose, CA, U.S.A.
February 10, 2009

Roddick Makes Confident Start

Latvian tennis player Ernests Gulbis Top-seeded American Andy Roddick confidently opened his title defence at the SAP Open, taking just 62 minutes to dismiss Swedish qualifier Michael Ryderstedt 6-0, 7-6(3) on Tuesday in San Jose. Roddick is bidding to win his fourth title in San Jose, having won at the ATP World Tour 250 tennis tournament in 2004 (d Fish), ’05 (d. Saulnier) and ’08 (d. Stepanek).

World No. 6 Roddick raced to the set lead in 19 minutes, holding Ryderstedt to five points total and winning all three of his break points. Ryderstedt proved more competitive in the second set as he earned three break point chances, but Roddick saved all of them and proceeded to close out the win in the tie-break.

Roddick has reached the semi-finals or better six times in his seven previous San Jose appearances, and improves to a 26-4 event record. The 26 year old has enjoyed a solid start to the 2009 ATP World Tour season, reaching the final at Doha (l. to Murray) and the semi-finals at the Australian Open (l. to Federer).

#247 ·
He lost but this was a nice fight!!! Hope to see him back at Top 250 somewhen this year.

#249 ·
Win over Young was big! And Mello was also nice...but it was indoors at all...

#250 ·
lost to Peng Sun....unbelievable loss...what is going on???

#251 ·
lost to Treat Huey.....:(((

Ryderstedt is so crap!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.