#1 · (Edited)
:p

#27 ·
Re: Shimmying into Shanghai--the 2005 Masters Cup thread

I love the title :yeah: now let's hope he gets to shimmy in Shanghai:awww:

#28 ·

Noelle said:
:eek: And still there's no news about Andy's back from AR.com.
I'd bet my life that they don't have a clue what's going on :eek:

#31 ·

Jennay said:
:haha: How ironic, I was just shimmying to the song I was listening to :)o) then I come on MTF and see this thread. ;) :lol:

Anyways, Andy's back better heal quickly. :( :hug:
Haha, Andy will make sure his lower back heals. It might also be painful when he has sex :eek: and that little rabbit won't wan't that. :p

#32 ·

blosson said:
Haha, Andy will make sure his lower back heals. It might also be painful when he has sex :eek: and that little rabbit won't wan't that. :p
LMFAO!!!! :haha:
I really hope he doesn't withdraw from TMC, I think he could go far there if he is healthy. I think a week would be long enough to recover depending on the severity.

#33 ·

Problem is that he doesn't really have a week to decide. According to people in China he is scheduled to arrive on the 9th. That's Wednesday. That's a long trip from the US, that means he has to leave what, Monday night or Tuesday morning or something? Not sure exactly how long but it's many many many hours on a plane - which doesn't help a back.

Unless of course he's planning to go to China and THEN decide. I suppose that's possible.

So when you think about it - he probably left Paris today and got home today. Perhaps he took the earliest flight he could or something. Anyway, he's supposed to be in Pennsylvania tomorrow night, so I guess he wouldn't be able to leave for Shanghai til Tuesday.... think about how much traveling that is in the span of 3 or 4 days.. It's crazy, and not so smart.

It's also too bad, b/c the plane trip from Paris to China directly would surely be shorter, and not as bad of a time zone shock to his system. But whatever, he's a big boy and hopefully knows what he's doing. It just doesn't leave much time for him to get any actual treatment. :shrug:

#34 · (Edited)

blosson said:
It might also be painful when he has sex :eek: and that little rabbit won't wan't that. :p
oh no!...this is probbly a good thing.

Debstah said:
Problem is that he doesn't really have a week to decide. According to people in China he is scheduled to arrive on the 9th. That's Wednesday. That's a long trip from the US, that means he has to leave what, Monday night or Tuesday morning or something?
So when you think about it - he probably left Paris today and got home today. Perhaps he took the earliest flight he could or something. Anyway, he's supposed to be in Pennsylvania tomorrow night, so I guess he wouldn't be able to leave for Shanghai til Tuesday.... think about how much traveling that is in the span of 3 or 4 days.. It's crazy, and not so smart.

:
thats why playing on saturday was just a bit foolish he could have rested it all weekend and had a weekday or two to decide without having to play on it...now its a rush job...i love telling my body to hurry up & heal, works really well too :devil:

i dont know what to say, im very disapointed...but i dont really know anything, just a feeling. :)

i have hope, as usual- we have gotten very good at it this year...hoping ;) :p

#35 ·
#37 ·

Carito_90 said:
Roger can always ride him, you know.

Gee, I hate not knowing where Andy is. Damn him.
It's OK Caro, he's right here... :angel:

OK I'll be serious now, I hope Andy's back is mended sufficiently for him to kick sufficient butts around the tennis court until there are stars. I also hope he remembers to post me my tickets (plane/entry) in time for me to actually get there. |:

#43 ·

surfpinky said:
You did it again. |:

I'm hereby thanking you for the title idea you gave to Noelle. |:

Isn't that great. |:

#45 ·

Debstah said:
Problem is that he doesn't really have a week to decide. According to people in China he is scheduled to arrive on the 9th. That's Wednesday. That's a long trip from the US, that means he has to leave what, Monday night or Tuesday morning or something? Not sure exactly how long but it's many many many hours on a plane - which doesn't help a back
When we traveled to China in March 2004, the flight from the west coast was about fourteen hours. You also have to factor in the time zone effect with China being ten to twelve hours ahead of the US time zones.

On the long flight, however, he won't have to sit the entire time. It seemed to me that, on our flight, many of the people were milling about in the aisles for most of the flight.

The other thing to remember is that Andy most likely flies first class. I have been told that on the trans-Pacific flights, the first class seats make into beds. I cannot state that with any authority because we flew economy class.

I hope Andy makes the attempt to play Shanghai and defers any final decision until the last possible minute.

#46 ·

Winston's Human said:
When we traveled to China in March 2004, the flight from the west coast was about fourteen hours.
Thanks for the info :) I figured it was pretty long, so from Austin it'd be about 3 more hours, if he goes directly from PA, add a couple more hours onto that. In andy case, it's a whole crapload of traveling in the span of a few days - that's tough on the mind and body too, so he really needs to get there a few days before play begins so that he can adjust
Winston's Human said:
You also have to factor in the time zone effect with China being ten to twelve hours ahead of the US time zones.
Yep, exactly.
Winston's Human said:
The other thing to remember is that Andy most likely flies first class. I have been told that on the trans-Pacific flights, the first class seats make into beds. I cannot state that with any authority because we flew economy class.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's true. I'm SURE Andy flies First Class :lol:
Winston's Human said:
I hope Andy makes the attempt to play Shanghai and defers any final decision until the last possible minute.
I'm sure he will :) At least, I really hope he will.

#47 ·

Our flight from DFW to San Francisco was about three hours.

There are direct flights from JFK to China. If Andy goes to Pennsylvania, I presume that Andy would fly from NYC.

My sense of the Philadelphia airport (from traveling to the Jersey shore last summer) is that it is fairly small for such a large city.

#48 ·

Knowing Andy, he will go to Austin, even if it's only for a few hours or something :eek: lol

Hopefully, he just skips the thing in Philly - at least that would let him stay in Austin a couple days to get solid treatment in one place

At this point, though, who the hell knows with him lol :shrug:

#49 ·

Debstah said:
Thanks for the info :) I figured it was pretty long, so from Austin it'd be about 3 more hours, if he goes directly from PA, add a couple more hours onto that. I'm sure he will :) At least, I really hope he will.
Yeah, I'm sure too. Our local media doesn't make any news about his injure or pull like Marat till now. So I think they are sure Andy will come to Shanghai.

PS, Is Chicago near PA?

#50 ·

athena_wu said:
PS, Is Chicago near PA?
Hmm, not really. A couple of hours in a plane or so, I'd guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.