MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Federer optimistic for Shanghai
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 02:40 PM
country flag mangoes
Comparisons are Odious

Re: Federer optimistic for Shanghai

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcr
Given the great medical expertise Roger has around him, and that he was crutches for 2 weeks following the injury, I don't see how he'll recover in time to play that event.

I had a 2nd degree sprain on my right foot from a tennis mishap. I was on crutches for 2-1/2 days (over a weekend) until I could see my ortho-surgeon. I went directly from his office to a physical therapist's office and started rehabilitation work on day 3. From that moment, I was able to walk without crutches and pain. It took another 10 days for the swelling to come down so that both ankles matched in size. Until the swelling was down, I was not allowed on a tennis court and, even then, all I was allowed to do was stand in one place and hit forehands. No movement whatsoever. It was 6 weeks before I was able to resume play and had to tape my foot and wear a protective brace (you see these on Roddick's and Hewitt's feet).

If Roger's recovery (2 weeks on crutches) is slower than mine, he won't be playing Shanghai unless some phsyician in Switzerland has invented some spectacular miracle cure.
I agree. I was thinking the same thing, that's why, I just don't see Roger going to Shanghai.

Live Life to the Fullest , Be Happy , Find Peace within Yourself ..................
Tennis Helps!!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome