Kiwi def. Paradorn 7-6(7) 7-6(5)
ONE HELL OF A MATCH FROM BOTH PLAYERS
if you don't have the time to read through the scoring thread, here is a short summary how the match was going:
- Kiwi broken at *1-2 for 1-3* but got the break right back
- Kiwi was behind 2-6 in the tiebreaker but Paradorn double faulted away two set points and Kiwi was able to come back
- Kiwi saved again another set point at *6-7 for Paradorn, and was holding both serves
- the Pardorn sent a shot long, game 1st set Kiefer!
- good start for Kiwi in the 2nd set, got an early break for *3-1, but was broken right back to 3-2*
- Kiwi broke again to make it *5-3 with the chance to serve out the match!
- but was again broken and Paradorn stayed in this match
- he saved another dangerous situation at 5-5 30-30 with a brilliant play they said to make it 40-30 instead of 30-40
- this is how the 2nd set tiebreak was going: Friday OOP
The commentator on the radio said that this will be one memorable match and one of the best they ever saw there in Indy despite both players had over 60 unforced errors, but that's not such a great surprise considering that they played much more than 200 points.
Match duration: 2 hours 35 minutes
(and this was just a two setter)
the first set lasted about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
BTW, the first seven games went over UNCOUNTABLE DEUCES on both players' serves, I don't remember how long these games lastes, but it must have been about 50 minutes or even more.
I'm proud of you!
to Paradorn, he was also responsible to make it a great match and he is a classy guy, even in defeat!