Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat - Page 37 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #541 of 619 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 07:26 AM
Registered User
 
drf716's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Indifference St.
Posts: 2,028
                     
Re: Favourite Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara
Q. So your parents smashed racquets on the court?

MARAT SAFIN: No, my father, he was like this. He was - how you say - when he play football, he get angry with all other players. Sometimes he hits Volkov on the head when they're playing together. I think it's coming from the father

Marat: Last question: what do you think of me? Dinara: You are my god! When you play, I love
to see you. When you lose, I am even sadder than when it is me. When you are wounded, I suffer.
When you speak to me, I drink your words. When you come to see me playing, I am with the angels.
drf716 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #542 of 619 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 07:42 AM
country flag mer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Moscow
Posts: 5,734
                     
Re: Favourite Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat

Marat has refined his father's habit, he gets angry with himself and hits his own head (in either literal and figurative sense)
mer is offline  
post #543 of 619 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 08:18 AM
Registered User
 
Curls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I'm standing behind you .... boo!!
Posts: 6,638
                     
Re: Favourite Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer
Marat has refined his father's habit, he gets angry with himself and hits his own head (in either literal and figurative sense)
how true!

==========================================
M A R A T
S A F I N

==========================================

Don't cry because it's over ...
be happy because it happened.

Curls is offline  
post #544 of 619 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Age: 29
Posts: 9,325
                     
Re: Favourite Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer
Marat has refined his father's habit, he gets angry with himself and hits his own head (in either literal and figurative sense)
yes, there is a decisive difference with getting angry with yourself and hitting yourself, then doing it with others.

Marat Safin - always the one and only
Shadow is offline  
post #545 of 619 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 11:57 AM
Registered User
 
Curls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I'm standing behind you .... boo!!
Posts: 6,638
                     
Re: Favourite Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat

One of my fave Marat moments was in the Federer AO SF (I think!) ... he hit a let serve and screamed out "MMAARRRRRAAAAAAATTTT" ... the crowd laughed ... so he had a little 'embarassed' kinda chuckle to himself ...

==========================================
M A R A T
S A F I N

==========================================

Don't cry because it's over ...
be happy because it happened.

Curls is offline  
post #546 of 619 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 12:05 PM
country flag mer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Moscow
Posts: 5,734
                     
Re: Favourite Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curls
One of my fave Marat moments was in the Federer AO SF (I think!) ... he hit a let serve and screamed out "MMAARRRRRAAAAAAATTTT" ... the crowd laughed ... so he had a little 'embarassed' kinda chuckle to himself ...
And I remember last year in AO SF after his serve hit the net Marat sweared aloud in russian "Marat, f-ck! Where is your serve ??"
mer is offline  
post #547 of 619 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Age: 29
Posts: 9,325
                     
Re: Favourite Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat

LOL!

Marat Safin - always the one and only
Shadow is offline  
post #548 of 619 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Age: 29
Posts: 9,325
                     
Re: Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat

we have many of those funny moments

Marat Safin - always the one and only
Shadow is offline  
post #549 of 619 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 12:06 PM
Registered User
 
NINA_BCN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 35
Posts: 17,160
                     
Re: Favourite Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curls
One of my fave Marat moments was in the Federer AO SF (I think!) ... he hit a let serve and screamed out "MMAARRRRRAAAAAAATTTT" ... the crowd laughed ... so he had a little 'embarassed' kinda chuckle to himself ...

Marat, Marat....

"I am not a singer or a rock star. Tennis is tennis. If you want to see a clown, go to a circus."MARAT SAFIN
NINA_BCN is offline  
post #550 of 619 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Registered User
 
Curls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I'm standing behind you .... boo!!
Posts: 6,638
                     
Re: Favourite Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat

he's a classic, isn't he?

==========================================
M A R A T
S A F I N

==========================================

Don't cry because it's over ...
be happy because it happened.

Curls is offline  
post #551 of 619 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 12:13 PM
Registered User
 
NINA_BCN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 35
Posts: 17,160
                     
Re: Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat

Just MARAT!!!

"I am not a singer or a rock star. Tennis is tennis. If you want to see a clown, go to a circus."MARAT SAFIN
NINA_BCN is offline  
post #552 of 619 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 12:18 PM
Registered User
 
Curls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I'm standing behind you .... boo!!
Posts: 6,638
                     
Re: Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat

the poor bugger, if only he knew some of the things we all say about him ... then again, he'd probably have a bloody good laugh!!

==========================================
M A R A T
S A F I N

==========================================

Don't cry because it's over ...
be happy because it happened.

Curls is offline  
post #553 of 619 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 12:20 PM
country flag mer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Moscow
Posts: 5,734
                     
Re: Favourite Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer
And I remember last year in AO SF after his serve hit the net Marat sweared aloud in russian "Marat, f-ck! Where is your serve ??"
The russian box bursted out laughing and Agassi had such a funny perplexed look

Last edited by mer; 04-11-2005 at 12:46 PM.
mer is offline  
post #554 of 619 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Age: 29
Posts: 9,325
                     
Re: Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat

he said it in russian?

Marat Safin - always the one and only
Shadow is offline  
post #555 of 619 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 12:27 PM
country flag mer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Moscow
Posts: 5,734
                     
Re: Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
he said it in russian?
yes
mer is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome