Dinara Part 2 - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #271 of 1000 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Burned-out Safin fan
 
Damita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sarkoland... help!
Age: 35
Posts: 18,127
                     
Re: Dinara Part 2: NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianWaffle View Post
that first pic is really cool!!
yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianWaffle View Post
Yeah, because we all know being a writer is that easy.

She also claims to be a 'fashion designer'.
All celebs are effin' designers these days! I bet they don't know how to sew or even draw a silhouette on a piece of paper. Someone probably does it all for them and they just come in for like an hour or two (hey, if you're also a top athlete, an actress, a writer and attending lots of red carpets you don't have much time to spare!) and they just say yes or no or 'could you do that in blue?'.
Seriously it's a disgrace for REAL designers, people that spend hours and hours studying fabrics and cuts and putting their ideas on paper and then actually execute them.
well said (the 'could you do that in blue' part made me laugh but I'm sure it happens this way indeed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheLikesToDisco View Post
Dinara beat her sister venus (for the first time!) in one epic, classic clay court match! Best match in a loooooong time! Second consecutive final featuring Dina and Kuzzy! Revenge please

& Runner up of the MONTE-CARLO MASTERS 2009 and CHINA OPEN 2009

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 1000 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Registered User
 
safinafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,265
                     
Re: Dinara Part 2: NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheLikesToDisco View Post
Dinara beat her sister venus (for the first time!) in one epic, classic clay court match! Best match in a loooooong time! Second consecutive final featuring Dina and Kuzzy! Revenge please
First Serena and her big mounth, now Venus ...fantastic!!! The next is Kuz!!! Dinara's vendetta is almost done
safinafan is offline  
post #273 of 1000 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 108
                     
Re: Dinara Part 2: NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!

Congrats to Dinara !
But I have to say that the on-court coaching is really annoying. Today her coach was there so much that I thought it was a fed cup match...
JenAnn is offline  
post #274 of 1000 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 34
Posts: 451
                     
Re: Dinara Part 2: NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAnn View Post
Congrats to Dinara !
But I have to say that the on-court coaching is really annoying. Today her coach was there so much that I thought it was a fed cup match...
It's not the on court coaching that is annoying - it's Dina's coach only

It might be effective for Dinara - I really hope it is! - but I for one find him too aggressive and I feel I see more of him on the court than I'd like to: tennis is also about players' own intelligence and ability to take the right decisions during play, so I really do not like him intervening so much!

Anyway, very very good match today - the best match I've seen of Dinara, actually.
yarina is offline  
post #275 of 1000 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Registered User
 
luxsword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bzh, France
Posts: 2,596
                     
Re: Dinara Part 2: NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!

I don't like on-court coaching at all.

Hippo, hippo! Parting is such sweet sorrow
That I shall say hippo till it be morrow.

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline  
post #276 of 1000 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Registered User
 
SheLikesToDisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Posts: 214
                     
Re: Dinara Part 2: NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!

The on court coaching was only highlighted cos Venus doesn't use it at all and because Dina actually listens to her coach (unlike Vika who just gave the match away based on one bad line call and her coach told her to forget it otherwise it was gonna destroy the match- and it did).Venus doesn't question calls which is good for Dina fans but bad for her cos she's so She should've had her dad on for her break conversion which was very badDina got to the FO final with no coaching and to the AO final. I think Z should give Dina notes on what to do if a problem arises. Just imagine Dina on Philippe Chatrier opening a brown envelope. "If your serve is shite go to bullet point 4 " etc

Oh and it's one thing to get given advice but it's another to take it on board and execute it successfully


Official Apprentice and Fashion Stylist of The Domik of Dinara Disciples

Last edited by SheLikesToDisco; 05-08-2009 at 09:34 PM.
SheLikesToDisco is offline  
post #277 of 1000 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 108
                     
Re: Dinara Part 2: NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxsword View Post
I don't like on-court coaching at all.
It's a rule I'm absolutely against ! It's not allowed on the ATP. What does it mean ? Women need help ? Pffft... The WTA should get rid of the on-court coaching. Tennis is a sport that forces you to solve problems by yourself.
JenAnn is offline  
post #278 of 1000 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 34
Posts: 451
                     
Re: Dinara Part 2: NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheLikesToDisco View Post
The on court coaching was only highlighted cos Venus doesn't use it at all and because Dina actually listens to her coach (unlike Vika who just gave the match away based on one bad line call and her coach told her to forget it otherwise it was gonna destroy the match- and it did).Venus doesn't question calls which is good for Dina fans but bad for her cos she's so She should've had her dad on for her break conversion which was very badDina got to the FO final with no coaching and to the AO final. I think Z should give Dina notes on what to do if a problem arises. Just imagine Dina on Philippe Chatrier opening a brown envelope. "If your serve is shite go to bullet point 4 " etc
So you think that Vika lost the match because she did not listen to her coach? I bet she figured out for herself that she does not have to let that bad call influence her, but we all know it's always easier said than done...

As for K, he was equally annoying in the final towards Sveta - which Dina eventually lost anyway . OK, I don't mind him intervening ONCE IN A WHILE, if he really thinks he can help and he has the right to do it, but I totally dislike his way of giving advice - as I said, I hope it is effective for Dinara (I would have slapped him after two sentences )
yarina is offline  
post #279 of 1000 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Burned-out Safin fan
 
Damita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sarkoland... help!
Age: 35
Posts: 18,127
                     
Re: Dinara Part 2: NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarina View Post
It's not the on court coaching that is annoying - it's Dina's coach only

It might be effective for Dinara - I really hope it is! - but I for one find him too aggressive and I feel I see more of him on the court than I'd like to: tennis is also about players' own intelligence and ability to take the right decisions during play, so I really do not like him intervening so much!

Anyway, very very good match today - the best match I've seen of Dinara, actually.
She's using a right that the WTA rulebook gives her
I don't like the on-court coaching either, I like that tennis players are alone once they walk on court and have to make the decisions and choices alone. But she's not to blame here, she's not the one who created that rule. It exists, she's using it.
As for Krajan and how he's doing the coaching, that's what we were talking about last week: many of us might not like it and would just tell him off in the same circumstances, but Dinara is really harsh on herself and demanding, and she probably wants her coach to be honest with her and to go straight to the point, etc. And maybe she wants him to be aggressive while coaching because it boosts her, boosts her ego... She's a grown up, she's making choices on how to run her career (remember Marat saying he's very proud of the way she handles the people she works with?), I'm pretty sure if she didn't like Krajan's on-court methods she'd be able to tell him

& Runner up of the MONTE-CARLO MASTERS 2009 and CHINA OPEN 2009

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline  
post #280 of 1000 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 34
Posts: 451
                     
Re: Dinara Part 2: NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damita View Post
She's using a right that the WTA rulebook gives her
I don't like the on-court coaching either, I like that tennis players are alone once they walk on court and have to make the decisions and choices alone. But she's not to blame here, she's not the one who created that rule. It exists, she's using it.
As for Krajan and how he's doing the coaching, that's what we were talking about last week: many of us might not like it and would just tell him off in the same circumstances, but Dinara is really harsh on herself and demanding, and she probably wants her coach to be honest with her and to go straight to the point, etc. And maybe she wants him to be aggressive while coaching because it boosts her, boosts her ego... She's a grown up, she's making choices on how to run her career (remember Marat saying he's very proud of the way she handles the people she works with?), I'm pretty sure if she didn't like Krajan's on-court methods she'd be able to tell him
I have to agree with your points - I guess I keep forgetting that Dinara+K seems to be a very successful colaboration, regardless of what I think of his methods .
yarina is offline  
post #281 of 1000 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 12:48 AM
Scavenger Hunter
 
PennyThePenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: swimming across the pacific ocean
Posts: 31,853
                     
Re: Dinara Part 2: NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!

all this talk of on court coaching gave me a sudden image of marat receiving on court coaching and ending up hitting his coach on the head with the racquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowa, on a theory proposed by Annie
the connection between his brain and his body has been restored!
PennyThePenguin is offline  
post #282 of 1000 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 02:40 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Age: 33
Posts: 9,786
                     
Re: Dinara Part 2: NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePenguin View Post
all this talk of on court coaching gave me a sudden image of marat receiving on court coaching and ending up hitting his coach on the head with the racquet
It would be great entertainment.
BelgianWaffle is offline  
post #283 of 1000 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 06:57 AM
country flag mer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Moscow
Posts: 5,734
                     
Re: Dinara Part 2: NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePenguin View Post
all this talk of on court coaching gave me a sudden image of marat receiving on court coaching and ending up hitting his coach on the head with the racquet
On a serious note, I guess it would be great for Marat if on court coaching was allowed on ATP. Not that he can't think for himself but a coach could calm him down and give him confidence at important moments of a match.
mer is offline  
post #284 of 1000 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 07:37 AM
Burned-out Safin fan
 
Damita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sarkoland... help!
Age: 35
Posts: 18,127
                     
Re: Dinara Part 2: NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarina View Post
I have to agree with your points - I guess I keep forgetting that Dinara+K seems to be a very successful colaboration, regardless of what I think of his methods .
Yeah.
What I hope though is that with all the matches he's playing these days (and tough ones even) she won't get exhausted for RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePenguin View Post
all this talk of on court coaching gave me a sudden image of marat receiving on court coaching and ending up hitting his coach on the head with the racquet


Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
On a serious note, I guess it would be great for Marat if on court coaching was allowed on ATP. Not that he can't think for himself but a coach could calm him down and give him confidence at important moments of a match.
Yeah, I often thought about this when he was coached by Peter.

& Runner up of the MONTE-CARLO MASTERS 2009 and CHINA OPEN 2009

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline  
post #285 of 1000 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Registered User
 
Saumon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 26,749
                     
Re: Dinara Part 2: NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
On a serious note, I guess it would be great for Marat if on court coaching was allowed on ATP. Not that he can't think for himself but a coach could calm him down and give him confidence at important moments of a match.
Probably. Two words to prove this point: Davis Cup.

Saumon is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome