Marat Safin answered questions of Israeli fans, while practicing in Israel. I translated them. They are from: www.sport5.co.il
1. What do you think of Roger Federer?
- Roger Federer is number one in the world, and he's the best player in the tour these days. He's very talented, and because of his success, he's very confident. Well done for him.
2. How's your relationship with Israeli tennis player?
- I have a lot of friends here (in Israel). Andy Ram (the Israeli doubles and single player) is a good friend of mine, and because he speaks spanish as well, its easy for us to communicate. I really like him.
3. Do you think there should be a big tennis (ATP or WTA) tournament in Israel?
- It's always good to have big tournament in your country, but its an expensive thing. But it would be very good for Israel if once a year there will be a big tournament, that will also bring top player to this country.
4. What do you do the night before an important tournament? Do you feel more stress before a match against top player like Roddick or Agassi?
- Before a big tournament, I try to rest, to concentrate and to look forward to my match the next day. I'm not stressed if I have to play against a top player. I'm just more concentrated.
5. Are you having fun in Israel?
- I'm having a lot of fun in Israel. I work hard here, and I also go out with my friends.
6. What do you think of Israel?
- Israel is a great country, there are really nice and warm people here, and the food is great. I love SHIPUDIM (* I didn't know how to translate it.. its a food.. you can see the picture).
7. When did you start playing tennis, and what were your expectation from yourself, when you were a kid? Do you think you could ever be number one in the world again?
- I started playing in Moscow when I was 5. I played every day, because my coach was my mom. I really hope I could be number one again one day, or just to be in the top ranking. If It won't happen, I'll just stop playing.
8. Will you play again on grass?
- Yes I think I will. I said what I said after wimbledon, but i didn't really mean it. I just need to change the things I do on grass.
There are mone answers, i'll translate them soon.