2009 Piccies Thread!!! - Page 77 - MensTennisForums.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1141 of 1965 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 06:47 AM
Registered User
 
davis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 270
                     
Re: 2009 Piccies Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo_momo View Post
(Links from 2005 and beyond are dead already...)
You mean dead on tgfr? Nothing's dead there - we set up a tournament archive last year to make things easier to navigate, so the older threads can be found there. The link to it is above the "regular" tournament threads.

But maybe I simply misunderstood you, then don't mind my reply at all.
davis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1142 of 1965 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 07:21 AM
Registered User
 
momo_momo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 532
                     
Re: 2009 Piccies Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis View Post
You mean dead on tgfr? Nothing's dead there - we set up a tournament archive last year to make things easier to navigate, so the older threads can be found there. The link to it is above the "regular" tournament threads.

But maybe I simply misunderstood you, then don't mind my reply at all.
Hie davis! Can't help but reply. I mean, yes, the links on TGFR are working, thanks {Annie} and TGFR staffers but the links outside TGFR posted in the forum (i.e. Some pics of Anik? way back TMS Toronto 2004) were technically dead. Tried viewing the site using archiving websites but to no avail. Getty images links were really helpful in image archiving, most all of the image links were working, 99.9%.

I am having fun doing this archiving thingy. Lots of headaches and lots of space occupying my hard drives but worth it!
momo_momo is offline  
post #1143 of 1965 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 09:04 AM
Registered User
 
Iana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 192
                     
Re: 2009 Piccies Thread!!!

Chisinau at the Forum of creative and scientific intellectuals.

Iana is offline  
post #1144 of 1965 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 12:25 PM
Registered User
 
maratsmaiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,163
                     
Re: 2009 Piccies Thread!!!

is he in purple? love it

"My friend, there is nothing so sexy as a woman who is angry. Perhaps when she is even throwing things." MS
maratsmaiden is offline  
post #1145 of 1965 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 03:03 PM
Registered User
 
Mrs. Fabregas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: back into my "normal +work mode" and me don't like :(
Age: 35
Posts: 2,152
                     
Re: 2009 Piccies Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iana View Post
Chisinau at the Forum of creative and scientific intellectuals.

Gonna qoute it, cuz it's so beautiful





Quote:
Originally Posted by maratsmaiden View Post
is he in purple? love it
Yup, it's purple(-ish .... I'd call it lilac, but it's everyones own opinion, right ) and i soooo looooooooove it when a man wears that, or a pinkish colour
Mrs. Fabregas is offline  
post #1146 of 1965 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 186
                     
Re: 2009 Piccies Thread!!!

Although a huge fan of Mr. Safin, upon seeing the photo above it was not the thought of how great lilac suits this man that crossed my mind, but the one about what the fuck does Russian Marat Safin do, at a cultural event, in a country struggling to express it's identity against an ever strong Communist Party /Russian influence (i.e. Republic Moldavia), especially after this year’s bloody general elections (just search the Internet)!!!

Hope that’s not why you went there, Marat. But then again, why else would you all of a sudden wanna go to God-forsaken Chisinau?!
little_masha is offline  
post #1147 of 1965 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 07:12 PM
country flag mer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Moscow
Posts: 5,734
                     
Re: 2009 Piccies Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_masha View Post
Although a huge fan of Mr. Safin, upon seeing the photo above it was not the thought of how great lilac suits this man that crossed my mind, but the one about what the fuck does Russian Marat Safin do, at a cultural event, in a country struggling to express it's identity against an ever strong Communist Party /Russian influence (i.e. Republic Moldavia), especially after this year’s bloody general elections (just search the Internet)!!!

Hope that’s not why you went there, Marat. But then again, why else would you all of a sudden wanna go to God-forsaken Chisinau?!
Like it or not but Moldova is part is CIS as well as Russia. The event Marat was attending was the annual conference of "creative and science intelligencia" of the CIS countries. This year it's held in Moldova. It has nothing to do with elections and commumist parties. Let's not bring politics into it.
I can gues that you may feel sensitive about evil russian influence on Moldova, but I highly doubt that presence of some russian sportsmen like Marat or Myskina at a cultural event can do big damage to a country struggling to express it's identity...

Last edited by mer; 09-26-2009 at 07:19 PM.
mer is offline  
post #1148 of 1965 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 186
                     
Re: 2009 Piccies Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
Like it or not but Moldova is part is CIS as well as Russia. The event Marat was attending was the annual conference of "creative and science intelligencia" of the CIS countries. This year it's held in Moldova. It has nothing to do with elections and commumist parties. Let's not bring politics into it.
I can gues that you may feel sensitive about evil russian influence on Moldova, but I highly doubt that presence of some russian sportsmen like Marat or Myskina at a cultural event can do any damage to the country struggling to express it's identity...

Please, Mer (and good to meet you, BTW), “evil Russian influence” or not, we both know that most probably (there, I won't give it for sure!) the presence of a young high profile cosmopolite Russian at a cultural event in Moldova must be politicized! Of course, I may (and I actually truly hope to) be wrong.

On a more relaxed note, this just remembered me about that old joke:

"Whom does the USSR neighbor?"

"Whoever she f***g wants!"

No hard feelings!
little_masha is offline  
post #1149 of 1965 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 08:12 PM
country flag mer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Moscow
Posts: 5,734
                     
Re: 2009 Piccies Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_masha View Post
Please, Mer (and good to meet you, BTW), “evil Russian influence” or not, we both know that most probably (there, I won't give it for sure!) the presence of a young high profile cosmopolite Russian at a cultural event in Moldova must be politicized! Of course, I may (and I actually truly hope to) be wrong.
Good to meet you too
I don't really want to discuss politics but I believe that cultural ties between countries is not a bad thing, no matter what.
mer is offline  
post #1150 of 1965 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 238
                     
Re: 2009 Piccies Thread!!!

OMG!!!Marat was in Moldova????how come?I mean I read the posts above,but why?It's cheap to go there,I could have went if I would have knownso what,soon we are going to see him in Albania?They must have given him a big stimulating cheque no offence,but in CSI or not Moldova remains the poorest country in Europe and Mr.Safin we all know likes to visit beautiful,rich sceneries

politics.of course...
Diana_rom is offline  
post #1151 of 1965 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 10:25 AM
country flag mer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Moscow
Posts: 5,734
                     
Re: 2009 Piccies Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana_rom View Post
OMG!!!Marat was in Moldova????how come?I mean I read the posts above,but why?It's cheap to go there,I could have went if I would have knownso what,soon we are going to see him in Albania?They must have given him a big stimulating cheque no offence,but in CSI or not Moldova remains the poorest country in Europe and Mr.Safin we all know likes to visit beautiful,rich sceneries

politics.of course...
Agian, it was a conference arranged not by Moldova., but by CIS. Among russian delegation were many russian prominent people from art, education and sport. Apart from Marat there were Myskina and Marat's friend Dmitry Nosov (wrestler) and Marat wasn't the main 'star' there.
And the idea that Marat visits only rich sceneries is pretty funny. I don't think that Nepal is that rich, or fishing in Niznhy Novgorod is so fancy, or Tatarstan, or Kiev.

Last edited by mer; 09-27-2009 at 11:05 AM.
mer is offline  
post #1152 of 1965 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 186
                     
Re: 2009 Piccies Thread!!!

Oh, let's just give him credit about this, already! He did go to Moldova just to support a good cause! And he should of taken Tursunov with him as well, cause that baby definitly appeals to Romanian-Moldavian-and-anything- in- between girls!!!

Mer, I'm new here...therefore I don't know anything about you guys, so please do not feel offended by my question: are you by chance familiar with Mr. Safin? Because I have just read the Davis Cup 2009 thread and noticed how accurate you were in anticipating the true doubles team, the fact that Marat was not to play in the third day...
little_masha is offline  
post #1153 of 1965 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 11:40 AM
country flag mer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Moscow
Posts: 5,734
                     
Re: 2009 Piccies Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_masha View Post
Mer, I'm new here...therefore I don't know anything about you guys, so please do not feel offended by my question: are you by chance familiar with Mr. Safin? Because I have just read the Davis Cup 2009 thread and noticed how accurate you were in anticipating the true doubles team, the fact that Marat was not to play in the third day...
No, I'm not familiar with Marat. It wasn't that difficult to anticipate doubles team, as it's realy not that difficult to anticipate Tarpi's decisions. He usually makes the most expected ones, based on current form of the players, match ups, motivations of the players etc . I always wonder why people think that his decisions are unexpected, his decision are very logical most of the times.
mer is offline  
post #1154 of 1965 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 186
                     
Re: 2009 Piccies Thread!!!

Well, for the not-really-that -into-tennis like me, Mr. Tarpischev's moves were never carefully analyzed as to get to the pattern of his logics However, it just seems unnecessary to announce certain things and then, all of a sudden, decide to change things, that's all. I mean, like: what's the point?!
little_masha is offline  
post #1155 of 1965 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 12:41 PM
country flag mer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Moscow
Posts: 5,734
                     
Re: 2009 Piccies Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_masha View Post
However, it just seems unnecessary to announce certain things and then, all of a sudden, decide to change things, that's all. I mean, like: what's the point?!
It's not all of a sudden. It's just because of the rules, a formality. For example Russian team doesn't have two singles players and a real doubles team, in which case everything could be be simple and no combination. Captain just has to annouce two singles players to play on Friday and Sunday and other two as doubles team on Suturday. Even if he wanted he can't announce in advance that a player who's not playing singles on Friday will play singles on Sunday. He can make it only as a replacement. Also if he wants to use player announced for singles to play in doubles on Saturday he can make replacement later. There are different situations and factors that affect his decision re replacement. For example a player who played singles on the first day had a long match and didn't recover so he's replaced on Sunday and so on.
We are seriously off topic now
mer is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome