Indian Wells Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated March 9, 2014) - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Age: 30
Posts: 5
 
Smile Re: Indian Wells Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated March 1, 2014)

Hello,

I know it could be in the S.Q.T, I'm a tennis fan for 15 years, but I never knew how the order of play goes: I would like to know then will IW publish the order of play for the upcoming Saturday and Sunday? I know the draw is on this Tuesday, but I really want to watch Federer play on the second round.

Thank you for your help! :-)
yuval85 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 08:34 PM
Registered User
 
nadejda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,684
                     
Re: Indian Wells Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated March 1, 2014)

well the OP is usually posted the night before, so for Saturday that is Friday evening...
If you know wich particular player you want to watch check out at wich half of the scheme he is into. Normally the top half playes on one day, the bottom on the other for the first couple of rounds for MS and smaller tournaments, and for GS till the end. There can be some small changes for players involved in later stages of tournaments the week before or into doubles matches, as well as any match which was postponed due to a rain delay.
Hope that helps.

Roger Federer

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis

Last edited by nadejda; 03-02-2014 at 08:39 PM.
nadejda is offline  
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 01:01 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Age: 30
Posts: 5
 
Re: Indian Wells Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated March 2, 2014)

Thank you for your response!
So let's say that Roger is drawn to the top half on Tuesday, can you predict if he will play on Saturday or Sunday? Or you still have to wait until Friday?
I don't know if you know, but this tournament has a huge demand! The tickets are almost sold out for the first weekend... That's why I'm asking, because I would have bought long time ago the tickets for the day and session of Roger's if I would have known when he will play...

Thanks again!
yuval85 is offline  
post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 01:19 AM
Registered User
 
Ragnar Lothbrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Eta Carinae
Posts: 14,641
                     
Re: Indian Wells Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated March 2, 2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuval85 View Post
Thank you for your response!
So let's say that Roger is drawn to the top half on Tuesday, can you predict if he will play on Saturday or Sunday? Or you still have to wait until Friday?
I don't know if you know, but this tournament has a huge demand! The tickets are almost sold out for the first weekend... That's why I'm asking, because I would have bought long time ago the tickets for the day and session of Roger's if I would have known when he will play...

Thanks again!
No, you can't predict. He'll play either Saturday or Sunday. Normally you'll have to wait until Friday to know. I said normally, cause sometimes they release the top players sked 2 days earlier.
Ragnar Lothbrok is offline  
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 01:47 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Age: 30
Posts: 5
 
Re: Indian Wells Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated March 2, 2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Carpet View Post
No, you can't predict. He'll play either Saturday or Sunday. Normally you'll have to wait until Friday to know. I said normally, cause sometimes they release the top players sked 2 days earlier.
Where do they publish the top seeds schedule, how can I find it? And do you know if last year in IW they published it 2 days in advance?

Last edited by yuval85; 03-03-2014 at 03:27 AM.
yuval85 is offline  
post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 02:28 AM
Registered User
 
BAMJ6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,468
                     
Re: Indian Wells Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated March 2, 2014)

Is Haas playing here? If he doesn't and Delpotro withdraws, then Sock frees up another wildcard for Lacko since he's out of the Qualifying draw
BAMJ6 is offline  
post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Registered User
 
Ragnar Lothbrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Eta Carinae
Posts: 14,641
                     
Re: Indian Wells Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated March 2, 2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuval85 View Post
Where do they publish the top seeds schedule, how can I find it? And do you know if last year in IW they published it 2 days in advance?
If they decide to release the most famous seeded players sked earlier (Nadal, Fed, Djoko), they will publish on twitter for sure:
https://twitter.com/bnpparibasopen/
Ragnar Lothbrok is offline  
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 31
Posts: 4,700
                     
Re: Indian Wells Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated March 3, 2014)

Wildcard for Ram?

TT Singles: W 2014: Heilbronn I; 2013: Marseille, Sarasota; 2012: Blois Fut QF 2012: USOpen

TT Singles ranking: 80 (High: 52)


TT Doubles: W 2016: Madrid; 2015: Wimbledon, Gstaad, Moscow, Sarasota, Fergana; 2013: Winston-Salem, Sarajevo; 2012: Antalya, Tiburon; 2011: Izmir CH (w/ appleGirl); SF 2013, 2012: USOpen (w/ appleGirl);

TT Doubles ranking: 35 (High: 10)


-- TT Board Member --
Mahqz is online now  
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 05:21 PM
Registered User
 
Sambuca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 853
                     
Re: Qualifying Entry List (updated March 4, 2014)

do you know if Lajovic will be LL for sure? thanks.
Sambuca is offline  
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Registered User
 
Ragnar Lothbrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Eta Carinae
Posts: 14,641
                     
Re: Indian Wells Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated March 2, 2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuval85 View Post
Where do they publish the top seeds schedule, how can I find it? And do you know if last year in IW they published it 2 days in advance?
Top half R1 will be played today, so probably top half R2 will be played on Saturday. That means Fed will play on Saturday (also Nadal and Murray) almost for sure.
Ragnar Lothbrok is offline  
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 09:19 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9
                     
Re: Indian Wells Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated March 5, 2014)

Sweet backhand winner by Smee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4RP8KlrP6E
marqwis is offline  
post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 12:37 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Age: 30
Posts: 5
 
Re: Indian Wells Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated March 2, 2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Carpet View Post
Top half R1 will be played today, so probably top half R2 will be played on Saturday. That means Fed will play on Saturday (also Nadal and Murray) almost for sure.
Thank you again!
I'm looking on twitter but there was no announcement about the top seed players' schedule for this weekend.
I hope they will publish something.
If you hear something about it, please let me know. Thanks again!

Last edited by yuval85; 03-07-2014 at 07:54 AM.
yuval85 is offline  
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 11:59 AM
Registered User
 
Ragnar Lothbrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Eta Carinae
Posts: 14,641
                     
Re: Indian Wells Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated March 2, 2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuval85 View Post
Thank you again!
I'm looking on twitter but there was no announcement about the top seed players' schedule for this weekend.
I hope they will publish something.
If you hear something about it, please let me know. Thanks again!
No problem.

It's almost 100% it's gonna be on Saturday, since they usually follow the "GS sked" on this early round. Top half playing on a day, bottom half playing on the next day. Sked for tomorrow will probably be released around 5-6 pm today.

Grigor Pictures - some pics of Roger and Dimitrov training.
Ragnar Lothbrok is offline  
post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-08-2014, 07:40 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Age: 30
Posts: 5
 
Re: Indian Wells Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated March 2, 2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Carpet View Post
No problem.

It's almost 100% it's gonna be on Saturday, since they usually follow the "GS sked" on this early round. Top half playing on a day, bottom half playing on the next day. Sked for tomorrow will probably be released around 5-6 pm today.

Grigor Pictures - some pics of Roger and Dimitrov training.
So, you were right. :-)
Does it mean that the quarter finals of the top half will be on Thursday or Friday?
Thank you!
yuval85 is offline  
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-08-2014, 12:12 PM
Registered User
 
Ragnar Lothbrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Eta Carinae
Posts: 14,641
                     
Re: Indian Wells Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated March 2, 2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuval85 View Post
So, you were right. :-)
Does it mean that the quarter finals of the top half will be on Thursday or Friday?
Thank you!
Thursday much more likely, almost for sure.

On the other hand, all 16 matches of R16 will be played on Wednesday.
http://www.bnpparibasopen.com/Schedu...-Schedule.aspx
Ragnar Lothbrok is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome