MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Spain announces their team
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2003, 04:29 PM
country flag Chloe le Bopper

This has been covered, but I want to elaborate...

Quote:
well yes they are the best on clay but they look awesome on hardcourts as well (may struggle indoors).
Agreed about the hard courts. Moya and Corretja both have one master series on hard, and Ferrero has started to show consistency on hard in the past few months. All except Costa have hard court titles.

As for indoors, I think that they are being under-rated. Obviously they will struggle, and perhaps lose to, a great indoors team. But I think it's a bit early to assume that they would get a butt kicking from just about any team that has one or two indoors players. Unless of course, it's indoor carpet....then they might be toast

Quote:
Alex and Albert will probably play doubles i just hope Moya and Ferrero won't skip DC again like last year. I do not know what was the reason but they both entered tournament in Estoril the next week. Alex has been the most reliable player for Spain in the last years
Ferrero was injured the first two months of last year. He started out his clay season injured. He didn't want to fly all the way to the USA to aggravate his injury on a surface that he was not prepared for, and totally blow his season.

Furthermore, he would not have played anyhow.

1 - he was not healthy
2 - he would likely not have played singles had he been healthy, as Corretja, Robredo etc would have been better grass choices.

I lack direction.

Chocking makes me sad.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome