Karlovic is stupid! - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 207
                     
Karlovic is stupid!

I wonder how can Karlovic be so stupid not to play 2 first serves. He put his first serve in with 67% and wins 86% of them.
Maths:
0.67*0.86 = 57.6%
According to the Ricoh Match Stats he only wins 52% of his second serves.
Besides having the better winning percentage, people like me would find it funny to watch if the opponent wins more points on the return when Ivo double faults then when actlually returning serve. It could also frustrate the opponent.

I think he should have a look at his statistics and decide not to second serve any more. He must be really stupid or did I make a mistake with the math?
guillermo
guillermo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 08:07 PM
Registered User
 
Blue Heart24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Croatia
Posts: 31,606
                     
Re: Karlovic is stupid!

:retard: :retard: :retard: :retard:
Blue Heart24 is offline  
post #3 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Registered User
 
Blue Heart24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Croatia
Posts: 31,606
                     
Re: Karlovic is stupid!

Yeah,he serves those second on purpose,he is a robot and he can serve first serve when he wants,and he serves second only because he wants to :retard:
Blue Heart24 is offline  
post #4 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 207
                     
Re: Karlovic is stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfancroatia View Post
Yeah,he serves those second on purpose,he is a robot and he can serve first serve when he wants,and he serves second only because he wants to :retard:
donīt get the irony. I am serious about that.
guillermo is offline  
post #5 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Registered User
 
Blue Heart24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Croatia
Posts: 31,606
                     
Re: Karlovic is stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillermo View Post
donīt get the irony. I am serious about that.
That was the most stupid arguments I ever heard.
You are excepting him not to serve any second serves.So what he should do?
Let his opponent win a point when he misses a first serve?
Blue Heart24 is offline  
post #6 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Registered User
 
jazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Age: 27
Posts: 7,354
                     
Re: Karlovic is stupid!

he probably already is hitting it as a first serve, there is soo little difference between them anyway
jazar is offline  
post #7 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Registered User
 
Blue Heart24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Croatia
Posts: 31,606
                     
Re: Karlovic is stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillermo View Post
I wonder how can Karlovic be so stupid not to play 2 first serves. He put his first serve in with 67% and wins 86% of them.
Maths:
0.67*0.86 = 57.6%
According to the Ricoh Match Stats he only wins 52% of his second serves.
Besides having the better winning percentage, people like me would find it funny to watch if the opponent wins more points on the return when Ivo double faults then when actlually returning serve. It could also frustrate the opponent.

I think he should have a look at his statistics and decide not to second serve any more. He must be really stupid or did I make a mistake with the math?
guillermo


And I should decide to live without water from now.
Blue Heart24 is offline  
post #8 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 207
                     
Re: Karlovic is stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfancroatia View Post
That was the most stupid arguments I ever heard.
You are excepting him not to serve any second serves.So what he should do?
Let his opponent win a point when he misses a first serve?
why not?
If he wins more points in average I think is clever.
But I donīt play tennis myself, maybe thatīs why I donīt understand.
guillermo is offline  
post #9 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 08:16 PM
Registered User
 
Blue Heart24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Croatia
Posts: 31,606
                     
Re: Karlovic is stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillermo View Post
why not?
If he wins more points in average I think is clever.
But I don´t play tennis myself, maybe that´s why I don´t understand.
And I think he shouldn't let his opponent a free point when he misses a first serve,IMO
Well,try to play it.You'll see then.
Blue Heart24 is offline  
post #10 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 207
                     
Re: Karlovic is stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazar View Post
he probably already is hitting it as a first serve, there is soo little difference between them anyway
Actually I am quite new to tennis and I have seen Karlovic play only once 20 minutes. But there must be a big difference between the 1st and 2nd serve, because he only wins half of his second serves and almost all of his first serves (86% by far the best percentage of every player, as well most aces).
guillermo is offline  
post #11 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 207
                     
Re: Karlovic is stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfancroatia View Post
And I think he shouldn't let his opponent a free point when he misses a first serve,IMO
Maybe my english is not perfect and thatīs why there has been a misunderstanding. I mean of course not give the opponent a free point to serve the second serve like a first serve.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
guillermo is offline  
post #12 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Registered User
 
Bobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Helsinki
Posts: 1,159
                     
Re: Karlovic is stupid!

I kind of follow your logic. But I assume your stats are based on one match only. Because that 67% first serves in is a very high number and 86% of points won is also very high. I don't think that he's able to keep that level in the long run. Therefore, I don't think that he should serve two first serves.

Interesting point of view though.
Bobby is offline  
post #13 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Registered User
 
RickDaStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,774
                     
Re: Karlovic is stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillermo View Post
Actually I am quite new to tennis and I have seen Karlovic play only once 20 minutes. But there must be a big difference between the 1st and 2nd serve, because he only wins half of his second serves and almost all of his first serves (86% by far the best percentage of every player, as well most aces).
Not really. With his 1st serve he goes for the corners and wants aces. His
2nd serve isnt much weaker but he usually puts it in the middle of the box and it is easily returnable.
RickDaStick is offline  
post #14 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Registered User
 
Blue Heart24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Croatia
Posts: 31,606
                     
Re: Karlovic is stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillermo View Post
Actually I am quite new to tennis and I have seen Karlovic play only once 20 minutes. But there must be a big difference between the 1st and 2nd serve, because he only wins half of his second serves and almost all of his first serves (86% by far the best percentage of every player, as well most aces).
of course there is a difference,you cant serve 1st and second serve with the same speed.
Blue Heart24 is offline  
post #15 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 207
                     
Re: Karlovic is stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
I kind of follow your logic. But I assume your stats are based on one match only. Because that 67% first serves in is a very high number and 86% of points won is also very high. I don't think that he's able to keep that level in the long run. Therefore, I don't think that he should serve two first serves.

Interesting point of view though.
seems like you are the only one who understands what I mean. But just have a look at karlovic year to date stats on www.atptennis.com and you will see that is his percentages for the whole year 2007 or at least the matches he has played so far this year.
guillermo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome