Dubai Championship US Television Coverage? - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 225
                     
Dubai Championship US Television Coverage?

Does anyone know if the Dubai Men's Championship will be televised in the US? It begins February 26th.
I have just recently gotten TTC and they showed the Women's Dubai
Open but I do not see the Men's Championship on the schedule, nor can I find it on the cable sports channels. Hopefully I am just missing something.

Thanks.
Fedever is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,660
                     
Re: Dubai Championship US Television Coverage?

I don't think it will be. I hope so but I cannot find it. They also show Women's final of Memphis but not the men's. They show that silly San jose tourney last week and now Buenos Aires and the Tennis Channel open next week (cakewalk draw for Blake) I would rather see Rotterdam and Dubai. Also not showing Doha for the women next week
martinatreue is offline  
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Registered User
 
FluffyYellowBall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 26
Posts: 1,619
                     
Re: Dubai Championship US Television Coverage?

There was no play today so y should they start airing it now? There isnt even any tennis on dubai sports channel except for the off court hype.

RAFA-Roger-Isner-Baghdatis-Robredo-Delic-Wawrinka--Nalby-Gasquet-Roddick-Verdasco-Ancic-Murray-Tipsy-Ivanovic-Jankovic-Azarenka
FluffyYellowBall is offline  
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 225
                     
Re: Dubai Championship US Television Coverage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinatreue View Post
I don't think it will be. I hope so but I cannot find it. They also show Women's final of Memphis but not the men's. They show that silly San jose tourney last week and now Buenos Aires and the Tennis Channel open next week (cakewalk draw for Blake) I would rather see Rotterdam and Dubai. Also not showing Doha for the women next week
I agree. The Tennis Channel has been so frustrating!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe they are showing Las Vegas and not Dubai!! And why show the Women Dubai open and not the men? And why can't they show Las Vegas AND Dubai?

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully we will both be surprised and someone will find it airing on another channel.
Fedever is offline  
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Registered User
 
NicoFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Literature Land
Posts: 25,078
                     
Re: Dubai Championship US Television Coverage?

I don't think there is anything for Dubai. Eurosport is livestreaming it though so you'll have that.

From what I'm getting, for men's tennis for the US this week, you have Las Vegas on TTC and Acapulco on ESPN Deportes (if you get it - unfortunately I don't get it) and the Acapulco final is also on TTC.
NicoFan is offline  
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Registered User
 
cmurray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 14,734
                     
Re: Dubai Championship US Television Coverage?

It makes no sense to me. The top two names in men's tennis are in Dubai and I have to watch it on live-streaming? (which always looks crappy, I might add).

utter bullcrap.
cmurray is offline  
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 07:24 PM
Registered User
 
soraya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,135
                     
Re: Dubai Championship US Television Coverage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedever View Post
I agree. The Tennis Channel has been so frustrating!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe they are showing Las Vegas and not Dubai!! And why show the Women Dubai open and not the men? And why can't they show Las Vegas AND Dubai?

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully we will both be surprised and someone will find it airing on another channel.
The TTC operates the tLV tourney so I guess they are obligated to show the LV tourney. Last year TTC showed the Dubai semi and the final if I remember correctly, hope they do the same this year.
soraya is offline  
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 225
                     
Re: Dubai Championship US Television Coverage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurray View Post
It makes no sense to me. The top two names in men's tennis are in Dubai and I have to watch it on live-streaming? (which always looks crappy, I might add).

utter bullcrap.
Yeah, total bullcrap!!! The top 2 players in men's tennis and the biggest rivalry and nobody is showing it?? Unbelievable!!
Fedever is offline  
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cleveland,ohio
Age: 30
Posts: 1,494
                     
Re: Dubai Championship US Television Coverage?

I think americans should write their cable providers and ask that they show more tennis. Directv has a freaking channel for every sport except tennis. I mean the golf channel wtf
sondraj06 is offline  
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Registered User
 
NicoFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Literature Land
Posts: 25,078
                     
Re: Dubai Championship US Television Coverage?

Rather than the cable providers, write to the USTA. They need to figure out a way to get tennis on TV in the US. And they are failing miserably.

And live streaming is better than nothing. So if the USTA can't get their act together to get TV on our cable systems, then they need to get live streaming...and inexpensive or free live streaming.

There are so many ways for them to use new media - live streaming, podcasts, on demand video, etc. - and they aren't using it.
NicoFan is offline  
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 225
                     
Re: Dubai Championship US Television Coverage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sondraj06 View Post
I think americans should write their cable providers and ask that they show more tennis. Directv has a freaking channel for every sport except tennis. I mean the golf channel wtf
Well I have THE TENNIS CHANNEL you would think that would mean they would show a lot of TENNIS, especially the BIG TOURNAMENTS, but I guess not. Don't know what the programming department is thinking!

Well I am obviously very mad. I am glad I have this forum to vent. I have been waiting for Dubai since the Australian Open, so a lot of anger coming out!
Thanks for all the responses. At least I know that I did not over look anything.
Fedever is offline  
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cleveland,ohio
Age: 30
Posts: 1,494
                     
Re: Dubai Championship US Television Coverage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan View Post
Rather than the cable providers, write to the USTA. They need to figure out a way to get tennis on TV in the US. And they are failing miserably.

And live streaming is better than nothing. So if the USTA can't get their act together to get TV on our cable systems, then they need to get live streaming...and inexpensive or free live streaming.

There are so many ways for them to use new media - live streaming, podcasts, on demand video, etc. - and they aren't using it.
Yes, yes that's a good idea. I think i will do that
sondraj06 is offline  
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 07:52 PM
1,000 Baby!
 
nobama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Jony Ive's design cave
Posts: 19,909
                     
Re: Dubai Championship US Television Coverage?

If you have Dish Network you can order an Arabic international package for $40 USD per month. It includes Dubai Sports channel which I believe is broadcasting the event. But Eurosport is as well so maybe they'll have some of those matches live online?

nobama is offline  
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Registered User
 
NicoFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Literature Land
Posts: 25,078
                     
Re: Dubai Championship US Television Coverage?

Mirkaland - looks like eurosport will have live streaming - its on their web site. They don't have a schedule posted yet though. I think it's one of those things where you won't know until that day. But could be wrong.
NicoFan is offline  
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,944
                     
Re: Dubai Championship US Television Coverage?

According to the ES site, livestreaming will start at 2:50 pm CET.

Formerly known as Four:Love.
Yappa is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome