Safin def. Sela 6-3,5-7,4-6,7-6,6-0 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 391
                     
Safin def. Sela 6-3,5-7,4-6,7-6,6-0



Stupid rain.
FedererGrandSlam is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:17 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 24,604
                     
Re: Safin is a lucky XXXXXXX

I wouldn't call him lucky...he has to come out and serve to stay in the match at 30/30
Horatio Caine is offline  
post #3 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 391
                     
Re: Safin is a lucky XXXXXXX

All momentum was on Sela's side before the rain. From 4-5 to 6-5, and he had just hit a wonderful lob.

Perfect moment for Safin to regroup.
FedererGrandSlam is online now  
post #4 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Registered User
 
JustmeUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,371
                     
Re: Safin is a lucky XXXXXXX

this is marat we're talking about. the rain delay could just as easily have caused him to lose it mentally. I expect him to come through this round though and he's had two tough 5 set matches. he's going to have to start winning them quicker if he's to have a real chance against federer in the SF. he does look VERY focused though and if he can conserve some energy in the next 3 rounds, roger could well be looking at another SF loss to marat at the AO.

Please see here if interested in downloading tennis matches.

Contrary to popular belief, I am not a Rafa hater. I am, however, a RAFATARD hater and therefore take endless delight in each Rafa loss as it allows me to sock it hard to his tards. Do try and understand the difference (TARDS)! Don't get me started on Choke-ovic though. Him I do despise. And his TARDS are the lowest of the low .
JustmeUK is offline  
post #5 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:25 AM
Ace Loveforty
 
scarecrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tirana, ALBANIA
Posts: 81,116
                     
Re: Safin is a lucky XXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustmeUK View Post
this is marat we're talking about. the rain delay could just as easily have caused him to lose it mentally. I expect him to come through this round though and he's had two tough 5 set matches. he's going to have to start winning them quicker if he's to have a real chance against federer in the SF. he does look VERY focused though and if he can conserve some energy in the next 3 rounds, roger could well be looking at another SF loss to marat at the AO.
no chance this Marat can go that far

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=378

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline  
post #6 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 391
                     
Re: Safin is a lucky XXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustmeUK View Post
this is marat we're talking about. the rain delay could just as easily have caused him to lose it mentally.
You don't get it - he had lost it already mentally before the rain delay.
FedererGrandSlam is online now  
post #7 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:26 AM
Registered User
 
AnnaK_4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,213
                     
Re: Safin is a lucky XXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustmeUK View Post
this is marat we're talking about. the rain delay could just as easily have caused him to lose it mentally. I expect him to come through this round though and he's had two tough 5 set matches. he's going to have to start winning them quicker if he's to have a real chance against federer in the SF. he does look VERY focused though and if he can conserve some energy in the next 3 rounds, roger could well be looking at another SF loss to marat at the AO.
You're SOOOO delusional...
AnnaK_4ever is offline  
post #8 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Registered User
 
JustmeUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,371
                     
Re: Safin is a lucky XXXXXXX

this is marat remember? when you least expect him to do something he does it most spectacularly.

Please see here if interested in downloading tennis matches.

Contrary to popular belief, I am not a Rafa hater. I am, however, a RAFATARD hater and therefore take endless delight in each Rafa loss as it allows me to sock it hard to his tards. Do try and understand the difference (TARDS)! Don't get me started on Choke-ovic though. Him I do despise. And his TARDS are the lowest of the low .
JustmeUK is offline  
post #9 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Croatia
Age: 27
Posts: 986
                     
Re: Safin is a lucky XXXXXXX

He beat Haas in 02. on the same way! what a shame!
Mane is offline  
post #10 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:28 AM
Registered User
 
JustmeUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,371
                     
Re: Safin is a lucky XXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedererGrandSlam View Post
You don't get it - he had lost it already mentally before the rain delay.
I disagree. he seemed to be well in control of his emotions at the end of the 4th set there and with the rain delay sela has had a mental choke but there's no reason to think dudi wouldn't have had one anyway.

Please see here if interested in downloading tennis matches.

Contrary to popular belief, I am not a Rafa hater. I am, however, a RAFATARD hater and therefore take endless delight in each Rafa loss as it allows me to sock it hard to his tards. Do try and understand the difference (TARDS)! Don't get me started on Choke-ovic though. Him I do despise. And his TARDS are the lowest of the low .
JustmeUK is offline  
post #11 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 391
                     
Re: Safin is a lucky XXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustmeUK View Post
I disagree. he seemed to be well in control of his emotions at the end of the 4th set there and with the rain delay sela has had a mental choke but there's no reason to think dudi wouldn't have had one anyway.
He played terribly before the rain.

Yes, Sela might have lost anyway, but surely it couldn't have been worse than how it's right now with him not winning another game.
I'm pretty sure he would have had at least one proper chance to win the match.
FedererGrandSlam is online now  
post #12 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:30 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,170
                     
Re: Safin is a lucky XXXXXXX

It seems to me that Marat has bad luck with injuries and a lot of things that happen in his private life.

But there are just some moments on the court that he seems blessed with divine intervention. Anyone remember in the 2004 TMC semifinal against Federer when match point down in the 2nd set teibreak he hit a shot that was called good but was clearly out according to the replay? Federer still managed to close it out but that could have been a potential momentum change there.
RonE is offline  
post #13 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Registered User
 
AnnaK_4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,213
                     
Re: Safin is a lucky XXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustmeUK View Post
this is marat remember? when you least expect him to do something he does it most spectacularly.
Again, you are very delusional...
AnnaK_4ever is offline  
post #14 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Registered User
 
JustmeUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,371
                     
Re: Safin is a lucky XXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonE View Post
It seems to me that Marat has bad luck with injuries and a lot of things that happen in his private life.

But there are just some moments on the court that he seems blessed with divine intervention. Anyone remember in the 2004 TMC semifinal against Federer when match point down in the 2nd set teibreak he hit a shot that was called good but was clearly out according to the replay? Federer still managed to close it out but that could have been a potential momentum change there.
there was a momentum change RonE. it really drove home the fact to Marat he was competitive and we all know what happened at the AO in 2005.

Please see here if interested in downloading tennis matches.

Contrary to popular belief, I am not a Rafa hater. I am, however, a RAFATARD hater and therefore take endless delight in each Rafa loss as it allows me to sock it hard to his tards. Do try and understand the difference (TARDS)! Don't get me started on Choke-ovic though. Him I do despise. And his TARDS are the lowest of the low .
JustmeUK is offline  
post #15 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Registered User
 
Or Levy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,082
                     
Re: Safin is a lucky XXXXXXX

I am just so beyond upset. He played wonderfully, poor thing, what a choke, and it's going to be a bagel, I can just feel it.
Or Levy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome