Grand Slams record of current Top 10 and Slams champions - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
AnnaK_4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,259
                     
Grand Slams record of current Top 10 and Slams champions

Hi, guys!
It's my first post here. And as I'm a "stats freak" I rather trust numbers than "he sucks"/"he doesn't deserve be there" etc. talks. I know numbers don't always speak of how talented players are but they speak a lot about players' consistency.
So for my first thread I decided to post Grand Slams record of current Top 10 players and active Grand Slams champions.
Players listed in order of win-loss percentage.

Player ........... Perc. ...... W-L ... Best results

R.Federer ........ 0.841 ... 111-21 ... W-9, RU-1, SF-2, QF-2
R.Nadal .......... 0.800 ..... 36-9 ... W-2, RU-1, QF-1
L.Hewitt ......... 0.759 ... 101-32 ... W-2, RU-2, SF-4, QF-6
D.Nalbandian ..... 0.756 .... 62-20 ... RU-1, SF-4, QF-5
A.Roddick ........ 0.753 .... 70-23 ... W-1, RU-3, SF-3, QF-4
M.Safin .......... 0.750 .... 78-26 ... W-2, RU-2, SF-2, QF-2
J.C.Ferrero ...... 0.735 .... 72-26 ... W-1, RU-2, SF-3, QF-1
G.Kuerten ........ 0.691 .... 65-29 ... W-3, QF-5
M.Baghdatis ...... 0.654 ..... 17-9 ... RU-1, SF-1
C.Moya ........... 0.651 .... 69-37 ... W-1, RU-1, SF-1, QF-3
T.Robredo ........ 0.647 .... 44-24 ... QF-2
J.Blake .......... 0.627 .... 32-19 ... QF-2
F.Gonzalez ....... 0.610 .... 36-23 ... QF-3
T.Johansson ...... 0.598 .... 55-37 ... W-1, SF-1, QF-2
N.Davydenko ...... 0.589 .... 33-23 ... SF-2, QF-3
G.Gaudio ......... 0.556 .... 35-28 ... W-1
I.Ljubicic ....... 0.473 .... 26-29 ... SF-1, QF-1


P.S.
This info could be nothing new for you... If so, still don't hate me, Ok?
AnnaK_4ever is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 07:52 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Havok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Montreal
Age: 30
Posts: 9,460
                     
Re: Grand Slams record of current Top 10 and Slams champions

Holy shit Ljubicic . Knew he sucked at Slams, bu seeing the actual stats numbers for him was hilarious .

Andy Roddick.Fernando Verdasco.Richard Gasquet.Tommy Haas





Havok is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
AnnaK_4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,259
                     
Re: Grand Slams record of current Top 10 and Slams champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naldo View Post
Holy shit Ljubicic . Knew he sucked at Slams, bu seeing the actual stats numbers for him was hilarious .
Please, not another Ljubicic-bashing thread.
AnnaK_4ever is online now  
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 08:16 PM
Registered User
 
Jimnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here
Posts: 20,932
                     
Re: Grand Slams record of current Top 10 and Slams champions

Great stats

I think these rankings reflect who the best players are.
Jimnik is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 11:34 PM
Registered User
 
kyleskywalker007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 817
                     
Re: Grand Slams record of current Top 10 and Slams champions

Quote:
Player ........... Perc. ...... W-L ... Best results

R.Federer ........ 0.841 ... 111-21 ... W-9, RU-1, SF-2, QF-2
R.Nadal .......... 0.800 ..... 36-9 ... W-2, RU-1, QF-1
L.Hewitt ......... 0.759 ... 101-32 ... W-2, RU-2, SF-4, QF-6
D.Nalbandian ..... 0.756 .... 62-20 ... RU-1, SF-4, QF-5
A.Roddick ........ 0.753 .... 70-23 ... W-1, RU-3, SF-3, QF-4
M.Safin .......... 0.750 .... 78-26 ... W-2, RU-2, SF-2, QF-2
J.C.Ferrero ...... 0.735 .... 72-26 ... W-1, RU-2, SF-3, QF-1
G.Kuerten ........ 0.691 .... 65-29 ... W-3, QF-5
M.Baghdatis ...... 0.654 ..... 17-9 ... RU-1, SF-1
C.Moya ........... 0.651 .... 69-37 ... W-1, RU-1, SF-1, QF-3
T.Robredo ........ 0.647 .... 44-24 ... QF-2
J.Blake .......... 0.627 .... 32-19 ... QF-2
F.Gonzalez ....... 0.610 .... 36-23 ... QF-3
T.Johansson ...... 0.598 .... 55-37 ... W-1, SF-1, QF-2
N.Davydenko ...... 0.589 .... 33-23 ... SF-2, QF-3
G.Gaudio ......... 0.556 .... 35-28 ... W-1
I.Ljubicic ....... 0.473 .... 26-29 ... SF-1, QF-1
Actually Nalby has 5 semifinals...
'02 Wimby (final)
'03 USO
'04 RG
'06 AO
'06 RG

AO '04 '06 '07 '10
RG '09
Wimby '03 '04 '05 '06 '07 '09 '12
USO '04 '05 '06 '07 '08
WTF ´03 ´04 ´06 ´07 ´10 ´11
kyleskywalker007 is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
AnnaK_4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,259
                     
Re: Grand Slams record of current Top 10 and Slams champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleskywalker007 View Post
Actually Nalby has 5 semifinals...
'02 Wimby (final)
'03 USO
'04 RG
'06 AO
'06 RG
No, he has 1 Runner-up finish, 4 SF finishes and 5 QF finishes. That's what I mean.
AnnaK_4ever is online now  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 12:08 AM
Registered User
 
CmonAussie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Fukuoka
Age: 38
Posts: 4,618
                     
Re: Grand Slams record of current Top 10 and Slams champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post
Hi, guys!
It's my first post here. And as I'm a "stats freak" I rather trust numbers than "he sucks"/"he doesn't deserve be there" etc. talks. I know numbers don't always speak of how talented players are but they speak a lot about players' consistency.
So for my first thread I decided to post Grand Slams record of current Top 10 players and active Grand Slams champions.
Players listed in order of win-loss percentage.

Player ........... Perc. ...... W-L ... Best results

R.Federer ........ 0.841 ... 111-21 ... W-9, RU-1, SF-2, QF-2
R.Nadal .......... 0.800 ..... 36-9 ... W-2, RU-1, QF-1
L.Hewitt ......... 0.759 ... 101-32 ... W-2, RU-2, SF-4, QF-6
D.Nalbandian ..... 0.756 .... 62-20 ... RU-1, SF-4, QF-5
A.Roddick ........ 0.753 .... 70-23 ... W-1, RU-3, SF-3, QF-4
M.Safin .......... 0.750 .... 78-26 ... W-2, RU-2, SF-2, QF-2
J.C.Ferrero ...... 0.735 .... 72-26 ... W-1, RU-2, SF-3, QF-1
G.Kuerten ........ 0.691 .... 65-29 ... W-3, QF-5
M.Baghdatis ...... 0.654 ..... 17-9 ... RU-1, SF-1
C.Moya ........... 0.651 .... 69-37 ... W-1, RU-1, SF-1, QF-3
T.Robredo ........ 0.647 .... 44-24 ... QF-2
J.Blake .......... 0.627 .... 32-19 ... QF-2
F.Gonzalez ....... 0.610 .... 36-23 ... QF-3
T.Johansson ...... 0.598 .... 55-37 ... W-1, SF-1, QF-2
N.Davydenko ...... 0.589 .... 33-23 ... SF-2, QF-3
G.Gaudio ......... 0.556 .... 35-28 ... W-1
I.Ljubicic ....... 0.473 .... 26-29 ... SF-1, QF-1


P.S.
This info could be nothing new for you... If so, still don't hate me, Ok?

These stats are very useful~~ thank you
....
Also it shows that Federer & Hewitt have both the QF stage or better of Slams 14-times each~ of course Fed has a much better conversion rate than Lleyton
....
Both Roger & Lleyton have won over 100-matches at the Slams~~ whereas no other current player has anything close to that number..
...
Basically it confirms to me that Hewitt saves his best play for the Slams~> & if he didn`t have Federer to contend with then Lleyton would have atleast another 3-4 Slams in his resume by now
CmonAussie is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 12:17 AM
Registered User
 
Voo de Mar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: somewhere between Fire and Water
Posts: 20,203
                     
Re: Grand Slams record of current Top 10 and Slams champions

Very nice stats
Have you the same stats about retired players?
Voo de Mar is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 12:42 AM
Registered User
 
Jimnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here
Posts: 20,932
                     
Re: Grand Slams record of current Top 10 and Slams champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmonAussie View Post

These stats are very useful~~ thank you
....
Also it shows that Federer & Hewitt have both the QF stage or better of Slams 14-times each~ of course Fed has a much better conversion rate than Lleyton
....
Both Roger & Lleyton have won over 100-matches at the Slams~~ whereas no other current player has anything close to that number..
...
Basically it confirms to me that Hewitt saves his best play for the Slams~> & if he didn`t have Federer to contend with then Lleyton would have atleast another 3-4 Slams in his resume by now
I think a lot of players would have won more slams had it not been for Federer. If you think Hewitt's had it bad, what about Roddick? He's lost three GS finals to Federer, whereas Hewitt has lost only one.

Philippoussis, Safin, Agassi, Baghdatis and Nadal have each lost one GS final to Federer. In fact, Roddick is the only player, whom Federer has beaten more than once, in GS finals.
Jimnik is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 12:43 AM
Registered User
 
Tommy_Vercetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 33
Posts: 1,564
                     
Re: Grand Slams record of current Top 10 and Slams champions

Yeah, but a quarterfinal is the same as a grand slam win by the Blake media standard.

Signature Censored
Tommy_Vercetti is offline  
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 12:48 AM
Registered User
 
Voo de Mar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: somewhere between Fire and Water
Posts: 20,203
                     
Re: Grand Slams record of current Top 10 and Slams champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
If you think Hewitt's had it bad, what about Roddick? He's lost three GS finals to Federer, whereas Hewitt has lost only one.
Hewitt lost only once to Federer in final, but five times in Grand Slams
Voo de Mar is offline  
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 12:53 AM
Registered User
 
Jimnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here
Posts: 20,932
                     
Re: Grand Slams record of current Top 10 and Slams champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voo de Mar View Post
Hewitt lost only once to Federer in final, but five times in Grand Slams
So you think Hewitt would have gone on to win the tournament every time?

Roddick also lost to Federer in a GS semi-final, and the finalist was Philippoussis. So there's a good argument that Federer has stopped Roddick from winning four slams.
Jimnik is offline  
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 01:00 AM
Registered User
 
Voo de Mar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: somewhere between Fire and Water
Posts: 20,203
                     
Re: Grand Slams record of current Top 10 and Slams champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
So you think Hewitt would have gone on to win the tournament every time?
No, I don't think so...
In my opinion Roddick is better player then Hewitt. Ozi was for two years the best player in the world because other top-players played worse then nowadays, especially Federer

Last edited by Voo de Mar; 10-20-2006 at 01:04 AM.
Voo de Mar is offline  
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 03:12 AM
Registered User
 
kyleskywalker007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 817
                     
Re: Grand Slams record of current Top 10 and Slams champions

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleskywalker007
Actually Nalby has 5 semifinals...
'02 Wimby (final)
'03 USO
'04 RG
'06 AO
'06 RG

No, he has 1 Runner-up finish, 4 SF finishes and 5 QF finishes. That's what I mean.
Clear point, missed that part

AO '04 '06 '07 '10
RG '09
Wimby '03 '04 '05 '06 '07 '09 '12
USO '04 '05 '06 '07 '08
WTF ´03 ´04 ´06 ´07 ´10 ´11
kyleskywalker007 is offline  
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 375
                     
Re: Grand Slams record of current Top 10 and Slams champions

Yeah, some good info there. Interesting to see the stats laid out clearly. Shows who the consistent players are.

With the good people.

MANCHESTER UNITED TREBLE WINNERS 1998-99.
PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2006-7. Take that, John Terry!
Dancing Hero is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome