What if Federer ends up with losing h2h against all Big 4 members? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com
 229Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 399 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 08:10 PM
Registered User
 
Ichbinmüde's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Age: 22
Posts: 6,253
                     
Re: What if Federer ends up with losing h2h against all Big 4 members?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjmtz View Post
Djokovic has leading h2h against all Big 4 members, something Fed will never achieve
That is the reason why he withdrew from Dubai, innit?

KAndy for President

Approximately retired from mtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Wawrinka
He's laughing, he's an asshole, but it's okay.
Here are the cool guys
Ichbinmüde is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 399 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 08:16 PM
Registered User
 
TopFedFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: England
Posts: 3,134
                     
Re: What if Federer ends up with losing h2h against all Big 4 members?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjmtz View Post
2014-2017 era has major competition - Federer, Murray, Wawrinka unlike 2003-2007 which only had Babydal since 2005. What about 2003-2004

2014-2017 > 2003-2007, Djokovic won Djokovic slam fair and square and Fraud will never win it
2003-04. You had Agassi and before you quote his age, you said in another post that if they still reach finals etc it is still taken seriously, your words. Roddick, whom has a winning h2h with Djokovic. Safin, another World no.1, Hewitt etc.

You think that Wawrinka and Mugray are any better. The man who took til 29 to win 1 slam and the one who chokes in final and final lol!

As for the part in bold, I've countered that three times, people can see that. They can also see that you keep spouting the same nonsense. But hey, its okay, you enjoy your fake achievement, I'll enjoy Fed's 18 slams... which Djokovic will never win
paca likes this.
TopFedFan is offline  
post #33 of 399 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 08:18 PM
Registered User
 
clearwaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Age: 25
Posts: 4,400
                     
Re: What if Federer ends up with losing h2h against all Big 4 members?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichbinmüde View Post
That is the reason why he withdrew from Dubai, innit?
And why he lost to Istomin, or Querrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer after winning Wimbledon 2017
I guess again it's just belief, achieve such heights. I wasn't sure if I was going to be here again after last year. I've had some tough finals. I always believed I could come back here again. I kept believing and dreaming and here I am today.
clearwaters is offline  
 
post #34 of 399 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 856
                     
Re: What if Federer ends up with losing h2h against all Big 4 members?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopFedFan View Post
By the same argument then we can put any post-2011 Djokovic results into context by saying that Federer is and was past his best. I daresay that might trigger you though.

Hang on, Djokovic isn't Fed's main rival. Don't flatter yourself. Fedal is the big rivalry. This is another example of the Noletard insecurity. Federer and Nadal transcend the sport, something Djokovic has not and never will do. You go an compare the AO16 final viewership compared to this years- a big difference I can tell you.
4GS finals since 2014 is too much to count Fed as significantly past his prime. Even if he is past his prime, Fed feasted on pre-prime Djokovic, Djokovic feasted on post-prime Fed, so we can call it even.

Fedal may be the most popular, but Djokodal > Djokofed > Fedal. 23-12 is hardly a rivalry
vjmtz is online now  
post #35 of 399 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 856
                     
Re: What if Federer ends up with losing h2h against all Big 4 members?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichbinmüde View Post
That is the reason why he withdrew from Dubai, innit?
The reason certainly isn't to avoid Fed or anybody.
vjmtz is online now  
post #36 of 399 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 08:20 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 369
                     
Re: What if Federer ends up with losing h2h against all Big 4 members?

Can I make thread asking did this OP understands any English?
TrolTennis is offline  
post #37 of 399 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 08:25 PM
Registered User
 
TopFedFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: England
Posts: 3,134
                     
Re: What if Federer ends up with losing h2h against all Big 4 members?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjmtz View Post
4GS finals since 2014 is too much to count Fed as significantly past his prime. Even if he is past his prime, Fed feasted on pre-prime Djokovic, Djokovic feasted on post-prime Fed, so we can call it even.

Fedal may be the most popular, but Djokodal > Djokofed > Fedal. 23-12 is hardly a rivalry
Tennis is a game of margins, you only need to be slightly past your prime. It is another indicator of just how good Federer is. Will we see Djokovic win slams at 35... I doubt it.

23-12 includes clay matches, vastly different off-clay. However, the definition of rivalry is: "competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field"... nothing about the outcome or results.

Finally, should we call it even, Federer holds pretty much every record going and the history books show him to be the better player. Deal with it. Not to say that couldn't change, a couple of good Djokovic seasons and who knows but at present, no chance.
TopFedFan is offline  
post #38 of 399 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 08:33 PM
Registered User
 
sexybeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,160
                     
Re: What if Federer ends up with losing h2h against all Big 4 members?

He had a positive H2H against Djokovic until last year when he turned 35. Djokovic at 27-28 dominated a 33-34 year old Federer in slam finals, but that matter about as little as Federer dominating 33-34 year old agassi in slams.

23 out of the 45 matches (a majority) have been played after Federer turned 30.

Federer has dominated Murray through all these years, even figured him out as he got older. He leads in slams 5-1 in the H2H (only loss in a 5-setter after a 5-setter in his horrible 2013 year), if Murray gets some wins when Federer is 36+ years old it will matter little.

Only the Nadal H2H should be a major thorn in the shoe for Federer, somehow alleviated by the great victory in Melbourne 10 days ago. Only good point to make on the Nadal matchup is that the H2H atleast is 10-10 outside clay (3-4 in slams and 3-2 in slam finals), which is pretty even.
Xoil and Joey Tribbiani like this.

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.

Last edited by sexybeast; 02-08-2017 at 08:37 PM.
sexybeast is offline  
post #39 of 399 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 08:42 PM
Registered User
 
FedExpress18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 301
                     
Re: What if Federer ends up with losing h2h against all Big 4 members?

Nothing will happen. Fed will still be considered the GOAT as long as he has the slam record
FedExpress18 is offline  
post #40 of 399 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 856
                     
Re: What if Federer ends up with losing h2h against all Big 4 members?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopFedFan View Post
2003-04. You had Agassi and before you quote his age, you said in another post that if they still reach finals etc it is still taken seriously, your words. Roddick, whom has a winning h2h with Djokovic. Safin, another World no.1, Hewitt etc.

You think that Wawrinka and Mugray are any better. The man who took til 29 to win 1 slam and the one who chokes in final and final lol!

As for the part in bold, I've countered that three times, people can see that. They can also see that you keep spouting the same nonsense. But hey, its okay, you enjoy your fake achievement, I'll enjoy Fed's 18 slams... which Djokovic will never win
Weak ass era

You've "countered" shit 4 slams in a row has a special weight, it's prestigious and there is a reason why nobody else has done it since Laver, no matter how hard they tried. It's far from fake achievement. It's the 2nd best achievement after CYGS

Peak Fed had weak 2003-2004 and weak 2005 with beatable Babydal to win 4 in a row and he failed
vjmtz is online now  
post #41 of 399 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 08:52 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 31
Posts: 15,949
                     
Re: What if Federer ends up with losing h2h against all Big 4 members?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
He had a positive H2H against Djokovic until last year when he turned 35. Djokovic at 27-28 dominated a 33-34 year old Federer in slam finals, but that matter about as little as Federer dominating 33-34 year old agassi in slams.

23 out of the 45 matches (a majority) have been played after Federer turned 30.
Federer played Djokovic 4 times when Djokovic wasn't even in the top 10 yet.

And Agassi struggled en route to reach Federer. Federer has not struggled to reach Djokovic (at least not yet) (2005).

EDIT: And Federer was still in the top 2. Agassi wasn't.

Last edited by MIMIC; 02-08-2017 at 09:02 PM.
MIMIC is offline  
post #42 of 399 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 09:00 PM
Registered User
 
TopFedFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: England
Posts: 3,134
                     
Re: What if Federer ends up with losing h2h against all Big 4 members?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjmtz View Post
Weak ass era

You've "countered" shit 4 slams in a row has a special weight, it's prestigious and there is a reason why nobody else has done it since Laver, no matter how hard they tried. It's far from fake achievement. It's the 2nd best achievement after CYGS

Peak Fed had weak 2003-2004 and weak 2005 with beatable Babydal to win 4 in a row and he failed
Going round in circles here, you just don't get it do you! I've said on numerous occasions why it isn't quite as reputable as it seems. It may be impressive but it doesn't qualify Djokovic as the GOAT as you seem to have made out. It is your only argument.

So you say he's the first person since Laver to do it because it's hard. Well, Federer is the first person since... nobody to win 18 Grand Slams. The first... person since nobody to win 6 WTF titles. The first person since... nobody to spend over 300 weeks as World No. 1. The first person since nobody to average over 94% in a season. The first person since nobody to win at least 5 of three grand slams.

As a pointer, anybody who agrees with vjmtz and this view that the "Nole Slam" and positive H2H record ranks Djokovic as the GOAT, like this post.
Xoil and barbadosan like this.
TopFedFan is offline  
post #43 of 399 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 09:16 PM
Registered User
 
barbadosan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: I hear my Bimshire calling . . .
Age: 68
Posts: 10,649
                     
Re: What if Federer ends up with losing h2h against all Big 4 members?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopFedFan View Post
Going round in circles here, you just don't get it do you! I've said on numerous occasions why it isn't quite as reputable as it seems. It may be impressive but it doesn't qualify Djokovic as the GOAT as you seem to have made out. It is your only argument.

So you say he's the first person since Laver to do it because it's hard. Well, Federer is the first person since... nobody to win 18 Grand Slams. The first... person since nobody to win 6 WTF titles. The first person since... nobody to spend over 300 weeks as World No. 1. The first person since nobody to average over 94% in a season. The first person since nobody to win at least 5 of three grand slams.

As a pointer, anybody who agrees with vjmtz and this view that the "Nole Slam" and positive H2H record ranks Djokovic as the GOAT, like this post.
QED /thread



The stars have AL19NED!

Now we look to the future with 20-20 vision!!
barbadosan is offline  
post #44 of 399 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 09:17 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Khronos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5,242
                     
Re: What if Federer ends up with losing h2h against all Big 4 members?

I don’t think Federer will lose much sleep over h2h records. After all he managed to score 10+ wins against thirty different opponents over the course of his career, and overturned many negative h2hs from his early playing days (Hewitt, Nalbandian, Henman, Agassi).
barbadosan likes this.
Khronos is offline  
post #45 of 399 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 10:29 PM
Registered User
 
Orka_n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 25,690
                     
Re: What if Federer ends up with losing h2h against all Big 4 members?

The only reason that Djokovic is (just barely) ahead is that they played so many matches well after Federer's prime. This is not even a discussion. Djokovic still has huge problems with the old man, even at Novak's peak he can't control him like he can Nadal. Even OP knows this, although as is custom among the Noletards he won't admit this fact.

In either case, it doesn't fucking matter if Federer ends up with a losing H2H vs these players anyway. They belong to a younger generation than him.
paca likes this.


January 8th 2017:

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
Exhorer Semiretirer is back


Tea of truth:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
It is Fabio's world and we are all just living in it
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
We should be appreciative of Federer though, because we will never see anything like him again. The fact he can still compete for slams ever after the erosion of his physical skills is really a greater testament to the natural talent he has than the period of time when he was dominating the tour.
Orka_n is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome