ok, i admit it, i'm a hater, and... - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
croat123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 12,234
                     
ok, i admit it, i'm a hater, and...

i lesser players taking out top players before you play them is clearly not your fault and your results are just as worthy.

but take a look at these stats i compiled thanks to the great folks at atptennis.com

roddick's last top10 win: hewitt in cincy 2005

roddick's only two top10 win outside the u.s.: safin in thailand 2004 (third set tb). before that, he beat agassi in queens 2003 (third set tb)

roddick's last top10 win in a grand slam: ferrero in uso final 2003

number of top ten players he has beaten a grand slam events other than the uso: 0

my favorite was the worst number 3 player in the world
croat123 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 10:51 PM
Registered User
 
robinhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,271
                     
Re: ok, i admit it, i'm a hater, and...


NOOOOOOOOO................
Wait, in his entire career???
That can't be true.
If it is, that's unbelivable.

FEDERER 17 & Counting (fingers crossed)
SAFIN 2 and Out (T.T)


THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS WS CHAMPS 2010 & 2012

GIANTS SHARKS NINERS WARRIORS A'S RAIDERS
robinhood is offline  
post #3 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 10:55 PM
-
 
Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Posts: 24,630
                     
Re: ok, i admit it, i'm a hater, and...

It's okay to like or dislike certain players, but I'm sure the following statistic don't prevent you from liking Ivan, or do they?


Number of top 10 players Ljubicic has beaten in all of his Slams he ever played in his entire career: 0

Masters Series Titles: 0
Grand Slam Titles: 0

Carlos --- C'MON Lleyton!!! --- Kiwi!!! --- Jürgen --- Juan

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline  
post #4 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 10:56 PM
Registered User
 
atheneglaukopis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,238
                     
Re: ok, i admit it, i'm a hater, and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123
roddick's last top10 win in a grand slam: ferrero in uso final 2003

number of top ten players he has beaten a grand slam events other than the uso: 0
This came up in another forum recently, and what we determined after checking the stats is that Ferrero is Roddick's ONLY top ten win in a Grand Slam. Ever. But as you said, it's not Roddick's fault that say, Nadal couldn't beat Youzhny.

Fan of: Federer Safin Haas Nadal Santoro Agassi Tursunov's blog

"I couldn't even tell you who the No. 1 ranked tennis player in the world is right now," Federer said. "It's probably me, still. It is, isn't it?" The Onion

Russophilic member of the MTF Perv Squad--objectifying Tarpischev, Kafelnikov, and Volkov like whoa.
atheneglaukopis is offline  
post #5 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
croat123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 12,234
                     
Re: ok, i admit it, i'm a hater, and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
It's okay to like or dislike certain players, but I'm sure the following statistic don't prevent you from liking Ivan, or do they?


Number of top 10 players Ljubicic has beaten in all of his Slams he ever played in his entire career: 0

Masters Series Titles: 0
Grand Slam Titles: 0
ivan's awesome

he's has beaten top players on every surface and just about every region where he has played. he's not an ego driven player who disrespects opponents on court and manipulates the crowd every chance he gets

my favorite was the worst number 3 player in the world
croat123 is offline  
post #6 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
croat123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 12,234
                     
Re: ok, i admit it, i'm a hater, and...

+ it's hard to bring ivan into this because, remember, he is not a "true" top10 player. in fact, he shouldn't even be in the top50. roddick, on the other hand, is "in the mix." he's challenging for gs titles and he is the "real" number 3

my favorite was the worst number 3 player in the world
croat123 is offline  
post #7 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 10:59 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,944
                     
Re: ok, i admit it, i'm a hater, and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123
ivan's awesome

he's has beaten top players on every surface and just about every region where he has played. he's not an ego driven player who disrespects opponents on court and manipulates the crowd every chance he gets
Its good that you put the disclaimer in the thread name, so I dont need to bother with a reply.

Formerly known as Four:Love.
Yappa is offline  
post #8 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
croat123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 12,234
                     
Re: ok, i admit it, i'm a hater, and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four:Love
Its good that you put the disclaimer in the thread name, so I dont need to bother with a reply.

my favorite was the worst number 3 player in the world
croat123 is offline  
post #9 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 11:03 PM
-
 
Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Posts: 24,630
                     
Re: ok, i admit it, i'm a hater, and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123
he's has beaten top players on every surface and just about every region where he has played. he's not an ego driven player who disrespects opponents on court and manipulates the crowd every chance he gets
Okay taking the stats and if you take all the events Ivan has beaten more top 10 players recently than Roddick, such as Gonzalez or Nalbandian (or Blake if you want to count Team World Championships). And it is right to say that many American players are lacking results outside of the US. Because Croatia only has very few tournaments, of course Ljubicic does more around the whole world than Roddick, Blake, Ginepri... So much for the plain numbers. But if you want to talk about the behaviour or personality, that's something else now because I thought you wanted to present the stats you collected

Carlos --- C'MON Lleyton!!! --- Kiwi!!! --- Jürgen --- Juan

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline  
post #10 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 11:04 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Havok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Montreal
Age: 31
Posts: 9,460
                     
Re: ok, i admit it, i'm a hater, and...

Retarded thread. We all know stats simply overshadow everything and are not used to manipulate the person's focus right?

Andy Roddick.Fernando Verdasco.Richard Gasquet.Tommy Haas





Havok is offline  
post #11 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Registered User
 
PamV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,671
                     
Re: ok, i admit it, i'm a hater, and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123

roddick's last top10 win in a grand slam: ferrero in uso final 2003
The win against Ferrero in the 2003 USO final was his only win against a top 10 opponent in a slam in any round.

Roger Forever !
PamV is offline  
post #12 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 12:50 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Paris
Age: 27
Posts: 9,871
                     
Re: ok, i admit it, i'm a hater, and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123
i lesser players taking out top players before you play them is clearly not your fault and your results are just as worthy.

but take a look at these stats i compiled thanks to the great folks at atptennis.com

roddick's last top10 win: hewitt in cincy 2005

roddick's only two top10 win outside the u.s.: safin in thailand 2004 (third set tb). before that, he beat agassi in queens 2003 (third set tb)

roddick's last top10 win in a grand slam: ferrero in uso final 2003

number of top ten players he has beaten a grand slam events other than the uso: 0
You're leaning on the verge of obsession. I'm not a fan of Ljubicic obviously, but I don't start threads on how he didn't play a single player in the top 75 at the FO until he lost the only one he faced, or how he hasn't ever won a MS, a GS, how no one outside of Eastern Europe really likes him that much, how he has the personality and likeability of a bottle of hand sanitizer, and how he likes to whine and bitch after he loses a match. (Roddick- USO 03; Gasquet- USO 05, Nadal- FO 2006, just to name a few )

So, consider the flaws and holes in the personality and results of your own favorite before you move on to another.

______________________________

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline  
post #13 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 12:58 AM
Registered User
 
Grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 28
Posts: 5,004
                     
Re: ok, i admit it, i'm a hater, and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123
i lesser players taking out top players before you play them is clearly not your fault and your results are just as worthy.

but take a look at these stats i compiled thanks to the great folks at atptennis.com

roddick's last top10 win: hewitt in cincy 2005

roddick's only two top10 win outside the u.s.: safin in thailand 2004 (third set tb). before that, he beat agassi in queens 2003 (third set tb)


roddick's last top10 win in a grand slam: ferrero in uso final 2003

number of top ten players he has beaten a grand slam events other than the uso: 0

Roddick defeated Federer in Canada 2003.

Manchester City F.C.
2011-2012 English Premier League Champions
Grinder is offline  
post #14 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
croat123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 12,234
                     
Re: ok, i admit it, i'm a hater, and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Roddick defeated Federer in Canada 2003.
eh, canada ok, outside of north america
(damn fed for chocking that one away...it ended up costing him the #1 ranking)

my favorite was the worst number 3 player in the world
croat123 is offline  
post #15 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
croat123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 12,234
                     
Re: ok, i admit it, i'm a hater, and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
Okay taking the stats and if you take all the events Ivan has beaten more top 10 players recently than Roddick, such as Gonzalez or Nalbandian (or Blake if you want to count Team World Championships). And it is right to say that many American players are lacking results outside of the US. Because Croatia only has very few tournaments, of course Ljubicic does more around the whole world than Roddick, Blake, Ginepri... So much for the plain numbers. But if you want to talk about the behaviour or personality, that's something else now because I thought you wanted to present the stats you collected
except i admitted i'm a hater
the reason this thread was started because roddick is the #6 in the world and i don't think he merits it based on the level of his play. he has benefitted from some very generous draws in his career. he's made 3, yes 3, grand slam finals without playing a top10 player, he's won a few tms events without playing a top10 player. in fact, he hasn't beaten a top10 player on 4 of the 5 continents he has played on.

my favorite was the worst number 3 player in the world
croat123 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome