Davydenko got slapped with the "what a drip!" tag by several of my non-tennis friends.
It seems a lot of them tuned in to watch USO this year and they made several observations:
1) the russians are drips ("especially that guy whose name started with a 'D'")
2) that spanish guy is cool, whats-his-name? ("Nadal?") Yeah, he was great. He wears really long shorts.
3) boy, that federer guy is good huh? (in between yawns)
4) what's up with roddick? (as in, why can't he win anything)
5) who was that black guy? ("You mean James Blake?") Yeah, is he any good? Does he know Serena?
6) did agassi win?
Give your non-tennis friends a hug today for even remembering somebody's name. Buy them a drink if they can remember a player's full name ("Rafael Federer" doesn't count).