trophy ceremony? - MensTennisForums.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
tennisrocks123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 268
                     
trophy ceremony?

Will CBS show the trophy ceremony, cuz 60 minutes is coming up
tennisrocks123 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 11:09 PM
Not a Registered User
 
El Legenda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: US of A
Posts: 30,181
                     
Re: trophy ceremony?

yes hopefully

El Legenda is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 11:30 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 330
                     
Re: trophy ceremony?

They showed it but it was shorter than usual
selesfan is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Registered User
 
marifline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,185
                     
Re: trophy ceremony?

anyway the trophy ceremony of US Open is a joke.. I mean why don't they let the players make a speech ? Instead they make a so called interview with about one point five question and boast about the prize money

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremda01 View Post
hear we go again 2 bps, only one is needed.
Because sometimes, you just need the obvious to be stated.
marifline is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 02:01 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,796
                     
Re: trophy ceremony?

Yep, the US Open trophy ceremony is the worst, no doubt. You hit it on the head about the prize money.
Pigpen Stinks is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 02:09 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Paris
Age: 27
Posts: 9,871
                     
Re: trophy ceremony?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigpen Stinks
Yep, the US Open trophy ceremony is the worst, no doubt. You hit it on the head about the prize money.
Doesn't Wimbledon do the same thing?

______________________________

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 02:10 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 330
                     
Re: trophy ceremony?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgirltennis
Doesn't Wimbledon do the same thing?
Yep
selesfan is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 02:20 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,796
                     
Re: trophy ceremony?

Wimbledon may have gone more artificial with the interviews, but the US Open has long been about letting the corporate sponsers brag about how much the prize money is worth. Very tacky, if you ask me.
Pigpen Stinks is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 06:37 AM
Registered User
 
CmonAussie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Fukuoka
Age: 38
Posts: 4,618
                     
Re: trophy ceremony?

................>>>>>>>>>
Not trying to be overly patriotic here but AO`s trophy presentation rules!!!!
*``*#@@#...At the AO the players are always allowed to give speeches as long as they like & let all the emotions come out!!! EG.This year we saw Federer crying for around 10-minutes after Laver presented him the trophy. The 05 final with Safin beating Hewitt was another good one with the speeches.
1. AO = best speeches
2. Wimby = nice little interview
3. FO = fine if you speak French
4. USO = nonsensical corporate crapathon!
CmonAussie is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Registered User
 
marifline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,185
                     
Re: trophy ceremony?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmonAussie
................>>>>>>>>>
Not trying to be overly patriotic here but AO`s trophy presentation rules!!!!
*``*#@@#...At the AO the players are always allowed to give speeches as long as they like & let all the emotions come out!!! EG.This year we saw Federer crying for around 10-minutes after Laver presented him the trophy. The 05 final with Safin beating Hewitt was another good one with the speeches.
1. AO = best speeches
2. Wimby = nice little interview
3. FO = fine if you speak French
4. USO = nonsensical corporate crapathon!
Well I agree with you but for the french hum..come on it's the only Slam in wich english is not spoken so please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremda01 View Post
hear we go again 2 bps, only one is needed.
Because sometimes, you just need the obvious to be stated.
marifline is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Registered User
 
Tennis Fool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Not on the court, obviously.
Age: 43
Posts: 8,752
                     
Re: trophy ceremony?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigpen Stinks
Wimbledon may have gone more artificial with the interviews, but the US Open has long been about letting the corporate sponsers brag about how much the prize money is worth. Very tacky, if you ask me.
The only thing that annoys me is the CEOs of Chase and Lexus got taped 15-sec spots before the ceremony. We don't want to see them; they should work quiety behind the scenes.
Tennis Fool is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome