2016 Live Commentary Vol. 18 - MensTennisForums.com
 33Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 668 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
Новак Ђоковић
 
Andreas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles / København / Нови Сад
Posts: 2,375
                     
2016 Live Commentary Vol. 18

Probably last one for this year.

. . . . . . . . . . . .
Andreas is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 668 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 01:18 PM
country flag MWW
Refreshed and ready
 
MWW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Sydney
Age: 24
Posts: 31,370
                     
Re: 2016 Live Commentary Vol. 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
Probably last one for this year.
I almost forgot we still had Davis Cup, and probably a slew of remaining challengers.

Waving Wilson magic one point at a time

KEI all the way!!!

The best offensive shotmaker in business

Team THIEM | Welcome back Juan!

MWW is offline  
post #3 of 668 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 12:04 PM
Registered User
 
JamesXP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 8,017
                     
Re: 2016 Live Commentary Vol. 18

Argentina putting Delbonis against Cilic.

Only way they're winning this cup is by Delpo winning both his ties and a miracle in doubles. Other than that Croatia has got this.
JamesXP is online now  
 
post #4 of 668 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 12:16 PM
Registered User
 
JamesXP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 8,017
                     
Re: 2016 Live Commentary Vol. 18

Ahh, Davis Cup.... only place where crowd goes crazy from the first point.
JamesXP is online now  
post #5 of 668 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 12:26 PM
Registered User
 
svenbj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,428
                     
Re: 2016 Live Commentary Vol. 18

Nervous start from both. Cilic got into the match faster and took a break for 3-1

Delbonis is 0-2 vs Cilic, yet to take a set. Today he needs 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas15 02-25-2015, 04:02 PM View Post
It's all PR... Someone started talking about Coric and now you guys believe he's so wonderful kid, his highest ranking - 84, Dzumhur highest ranking - 87. The same actually. Difference? Coric made it via wildcards - to Basel for example, Dzumhur had to reach it by hard work, on qualies, challengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federer-Fan View Post
Marin Cilic, I hate you.

I thought he would be tired after all those long matches but he's obviously still fresh. Disgusting.
MARINE, CARE!
svenbj is offline  
post #6 of 668 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 12:26 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,993
                     
Re: 2016 Live Commentary Vol. 18

Early break for Cilic.

Enjoy every moment of tennis. Enjoy the rise of the young, the brilliance of the peak, and the passion of the old. Enjoy dominance, enjoy diversity.

Fight. Drama. Shots. Epic matches, fun stats, tennis!
raysun68 is offline  
post #7 of 668 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 12:30 PM
Registered User
 
wikileekxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Age: 21
Posts: 3,093
                     
Re: 2016 Live Commentary Vol. 18

Typical Cilic forehand error.
wikileekxx is offline  
post #8 of 668 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 12:32 PM
Registered User
 
wikileekxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Age: 21
Posts: 3,093
                     
Re: 2016 Live Commentary Vol. 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWW View Post
I almost forgot we still had Davis Cup, and probably a slew of remaining challengers.
The ruins are deep.
wikileekxx is offline  
post #9 of 668 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 12:37 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,993
                     
Re: 2016 Live Commentary Vol. 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesXP View Post
Argentina putting Delbonis against Cilic.

Only way they're winning this cup is by Delpo winning both his ties and a miracle in doubles. Other than that Croatia has got this.
Delbonis isn't hopeless against Karlovic, they've played multiple 3 TB matches and Delbonis was also winning before Karlovic got injured at AO this year.

Enjoy every moment of tennis. Enjoy the rise of the young, the brilliance of the peak, and the passion of the old. Enjoy dominance, enjoy diversity.

Fight. Drama. Shots. Epic matches, fun stats, tennis!
raysun68 is offline  
post #10 of 668 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 12:39 PM
Registered User
 
wikileekxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Age: 21
Posts: 3,093
                     
Re: 2016 Live Commentary Vol. 18

No matter how good Karlovic's serve is, he has aged and 5-set matches are no easy task.
wikileekxx is offline  
post #11 of 668 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 12:40 PM
Registered User
 
wikileekxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Age: 21
Posts: 3,093
                     
Re: 2016 Live Commentary Vol. 18

The lefty high bouncing serve is troubling him a little bit.

And Cilic takes the first 6-3.

Last edited by wikileekxx; 11-25-2016 at 12:46 PM.
wikileekxx is offline  
post #12 of 668 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 12:45 PM
Registered User
 
JamesXP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 8,017
                     
Re: 2016 Live Commentary Vol. 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysun68 View Post
Delbonis isn't hopeless against Karlovic, they've played multiple 3 TB matches and Delbonis was also winning before Karlovic got injured at AO this year.
Well I guess since it's Bo5, Delbonis can wait until Karlovic's serve breaks down over the match.
JamesXP is online now  
post #13 of 668 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 12:48 PM
Registered User
 
svenbj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,428
                     
Re: 2016 Live Commentary Vol. 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikileekxx View Post
No matter how good Karlovic's serve is, he has aged and 5-set matches are no easy task.
People on here think Karlovic vs Delbonis is a safer better than the doubles match. I don't have the stats for Karlovic's bo5 matches, but it certainly isn't good and he'll probably be nervous as hell if it's going to be the deciding match. I hope he gets a point for us, he deserves it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas15 02-25-2015, 04:02 PM View Post
It's all PR... Someone started talking about Coric and now you guys believe he's so wonderful kid, his highest ranking - 84, Dzumhur highest ranking - 87. The same actually. Difference? Coric made it via wildcards - to Basel for example, Dzumhur had to reach it by hard work, on qualies, challengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federer-Fan View Post
Marin Cilic, I hate you.

I thought he would be tired after all those long matches but he's obviously still fresh. Disgusting.
MARINE, CARE!
svenbj is offline  
post #14 of 668 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 12:50 PM
Registered User
 
wikileekxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Age: 21
Posts: 3,093
                     
Re: 2016 Live Commentary Vol. 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenbj View Post
People on here think Karlovic vs Delbonis is a safer better than the doubles match. I don't have the stats for Karlovic's bo5 matches, but it certainly isn't good and he'll probably be nervous as hell if it's going to be the deciding match. I hope he gets a point for us, he deserves it.
Yeah, it's a bit strange everyone is betting on Karlovic so assuredly. I could understand it if it was a BO3. It would be wonderful for us and for him if he pulls it off.
wikileekxx is offline  
post #15 of 668 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 12:51 PM
Registered User
 
svenbj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,428
                     
Re: 2016 Live Commentary Vol. 18

Cilic is serving great. Shame he didn't serve like this in the WTF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas15 02-25-2015, 04:02 PM View Post
It's all PR... Someone started talking about Coric and now you guys believe he's so wonderful kid, his highest ranking - 84, Dzumhur highest ranking - 87. The same actually. Difference? Coric made it via wildcards - to Basel for example, Dzumhur had to reach it by hard work, on qualies, challengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federer-Fan View Post
Marin Cilic, I hate you.

I thought he would be tired after all those long matches but he's obviously still fresh. Disgusting.
MARINE, CARE!
svenbj is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome