Absurd: Tomorrow's Order of Play - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 90 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
federerfan7465's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Age: 27
Posts: 445
                     
Absurd: Tomorrow's Order of Play

This is the worst idea i've ever seen.
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/s...schedule9.html

letting Andy get his 2nd round match in tomorrow?

While most havent even played their first round.


Looks like USTA is giving Andy pleeeeeeennnnntttyyy of rest for the Tournament. he won't playf or like 4 days after this.
federerfan7465 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 90 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 12:43 AM
Registered User
 
Jimnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here
Posts: 20,932
                     
Re: Absurd: Tomorrow's Order of Play

All the first round matches will have been completed by then.
Jimnik is offline  
post #3 of 90 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 12:47 AM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 41,775
                     
Re: Absurd: Tomorrow's Order of Play

This happens every fucking year. The 1st round is spread across 3 days, and one player plays their second round match on Wednesday as well. What also happens every year (and every day as well) is Roddick bashing, so I guess I shouldnt be too surprised

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is offline  
post #4 of 90 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 12:49 AM
Registered User
 
atheneglaukopis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,238
                     
Re: Absurd: Tomorrow's Order of Play

I can't find Mauresmo (and I used the search function on my browser).

Fan of: Federer Safin Haas Nadal Santoro Agassi Tursunov's blog

"I couldn't even tell you who the No. 1 ranked tennis player in the world is right now," Federer said. "It's probably me, still. It is, isn't it?" The Onion

Russophilic member of the MTF Perv Squad--objectifying Tarpischev, Kafelnikov, and Volkov like whoa.
atheneglaukopis is offline  
post #5 of 90 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 12:50 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Havok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Montreal
Age: 30
Posts: 9,460
                     
Re: Absurd: Tomorrow's Order of Play

It's one extra day and we're still only in the 3rd day of a 2 WEEK EVENT. An extra day off this early in the tournament isn't even worth bitching over about. If it had been an extra day off say mid 2nd week or something, then let the bitching commence.

Andy Roddick.Fernando Verdasco.Richard Gasquet.Tommy Haas





Havok is offline  
post #6 of 90 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 12:51 AM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: Absurd: Tomorrow's Order of Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by atheneglaukopis
I can't find Mauresmo (and I used the search function on my browser).
USTA think they can finish the match today
Lee is offline  
post #7 of 90 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 12:52 AM
Registered User
 
WF4EVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,159
                     
Re: Absurd: Tomorrow's Order of Play

I noticed Blake's match has not been slated during tomorrow's schedule. COnsidering it is still raining, how can they be sure this match won't have to be played then?

It seems the women are going to get the squeeze a little tomorrow, but better them than the men who have to play 5 sets.

I also think it's bullshit to schedule Roddick tomorrow when the 1st round is far from being completed at this point but the USTA are looking out for their own. What do you expect?

They could well use two women's matches to take that space just to speed things up. Need I say 2003 again?

"There's a fine line between getting pumped up
and waking a sleeping giant"
Andre Agassi at the 2K7 USO QF match between Federer and Roddick


I'd rather give out good rep points than respond to dumbass threads

Being called fangirl/fanboy is not a compliment.
WF4EVER is offline  
post #8 of 90 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 12:53 AM
Registered User
 
WF4EVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,159
                     
Re: Absurd: Tomorrow's Order of Play

Momo was sent home; they plan to let Blake and Monaco play. If that's possible.

"There's a fine line between getting pumped up
and waking a sleeping giant"
Andre Agassi at the 2K7 USO QF match between Federer and Roddick


I'd rather give out good rep points than respond to dumbass threads

Being called fangirl/fanboy is not a compliment.
WF4EVER is offline  
post #9 of 90 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 12:54 AM
Registered User
 
ezekiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Age: 37
Posts: 4,023
                     
Re: Absurd: Tomorrow's Order of Play

looks like James Blake won't start let alone finnish tonight so I guess they will move him into Roddick's spot
ezekiel is offline  
post #10 of 90 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 12:55 AM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 41,775
                     
Re: Absurd: Tomorrow's Order of Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by WF4EVER
I also think it's bullshit to schedule Roddick tomorrow when the 1st round is far from being completed at this point but the USTA are looking out for their own. What do you expect?

They could well use two women's matches to take that space just to speed things up. Need I say 2003 again?
Again, thats how it always works. One player gets to play 2nd round on Wednesday. ONE PLAYER. EVERY YEAR. Was there bitching when Rafa got to play 2nd round on wednesday last year, and Fed in 04? It is SCHEDULED!!! No matter what ant-american BS or Roddick bashing you can come up with, THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is offline  
post #11 of 90 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 12:55 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 232
                     
Re: Absurd: Tomorrow's Order of Play

I doubt if James Blake will get his match in tonight. If he has to play it tomorrow, I bet he'll bump Roddick to Thursday.
cedez is offline  
post #12 of 90 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 01:01 AM
1,000 Baby!
 
nobama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Jony Ive's design cave
Posts: 19,909
                     
Re: Absurd: Tomorrow's Order of Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze-2004
Again, thats how it always works. One player gets to play 2nd round on Wednesday. ONE PLAYER. EVERY YEAR. Was there bitching when Rafa got to play 2nd round on wednesday last year, and Fed in 04? It is SCHEDULED!!! No matter what ant-american BS or Roddick bashing you can come up with, THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS
But the issue is Blake hasn't even played yet. And it's not for sure he will finish tonight. And also there is a chance of rain tomorrow. If it was certain all R1 men's matches would finish tomorrow then fine. But if there is rain tomorrow during the day delaying matches they sure as hell better not put Roddick out there at night.

nobama is offline  
post #13 of 90 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 01:01 AM
Banned!
 
prima donna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,319
                     
Re: Absurd: Tomorrow's Order of Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze-2004
Again, thats how it always works. One player gets to play 2nd round on Wednesday. ONE PLAYER. EVERY YEAR. Was there bitching when Rafa got to play 2nd round on wednesday last year, and Fed in 04? It is SCHEDULED!!! No matter what ant-american BS or Roddick bashing you can come up with, THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS
So emotional that you are, hahaha.
prima donna is offline  
post #14 of 90 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 01:02 AM
1,000 Baby!
 
nobama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Jony Ive's design cave
Posts: 19,909
                     
Re: Absurd: Tomorrow's Order of Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedez
I doubt if James Blake will get his match in tonight. If he has to play it tomorrow, I bet he'll bump Roddick to Thursday.
That would be really :retard: to put a 2nd round match on court before all 1st round matches have finished.

nobama is offline  
post #15 of 90 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 01:03 AM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 41,775
                     
Re: Absurd: Tomorrow's Order of Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkaland
But the issue is Blake hasn't even played yet. And it's not for sure he will finish tonight. And also there is a chance of rain tomorrow. If it was certain all R1 men's matches would finish tomorrow then fine. But if there is rain tomorrow during the day delaying matches they sure as hell better not put Roddick out there at night.
My post wasnt about Blake. It was to counter the Roddick bashers. As for your post, tons of players havent even started. And I would be very surprised that if it rained all day tomorrow and then stopped just in time for Roddick, they only let him play his match. Should that be the case, flame and bitch away

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome