Young is one of the most talented players i have seen!!!! - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 50
                     
Young is one of the most talented players i have seen!!!!

I just watched the match vs Djokovic and i have come to conclusion that Donald Young is about as talented as i have seen any player. When Mcenroe said Young had amazing feel he was not joking. This guy can serve well into the 130s and the fact that it is a lefty serve makes it better. He could hit his forehand about as well Djockovic and his backhand is also very good. This guy has amazing feel especially at the net, i would say he has the best volleys on ATP right now. He is way more talented than Djokovic and you could easily see it by watching the match. He he was phsically stronger which he will be in a few years he will be DESTROYING DJOKOVIC!!!!! I think this guy is going to be one of the greats in the game after seing the first set against Djokovic.
gael is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 39
Posts: 1,976
                     
Re: Young is one of the most talented players i have seen!!!!

Wow give me some of what you are smoking please
Lullaby is offline  
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Registered User
 
vincayou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,927
                     
Re: Young is one of the most talented players i have seen!!!!

At least, the timing of this post is a bit better than if it had been after the double bagel from Berlocq.
vincayou is offline  
post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 50
                     
Re: Young is one of the most talented players i have seen!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lullaby
Wow give me some of what you are smoking please
HE is very talented, did you watch the first set, did you see how this guy can volley; AMAZING!!!
gael is offline  
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 07:36 PM
-
 
Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Posts: 24,630
                     
Re: Young is one of the most talented players i have seen!!!!

I would like to see him becoming a good player soon, he has some things which would make it interesting for me to watch.

Carlos --- C'MON Lleyton!!! --- Kiwi!!! --- Jürgen --- Juan

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline  
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 07:38 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 39
Posts: 1,976
                     
Re: Young is one of the most talented players i have seen!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gael
HE is very talented, did you watch the first set, did you see how this guy can volley; AMAZING!!!
I did and I am not saying he will not become a decent player - He is only 17.

However most of points he won was through nole errors - check the stats

I was actually rooting for him to win lol but I could tell that even when he won the 1st set that noles power would win easily in the end
Lullaby is offline  
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 07:41 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 331
                     
Re: Young is one of the most talented players i have seen!!!!

I must admit I missed the first set, but even when he was getting destroyed on the scoreboard Young did look talented. However, mentally he just gave that match away and having won the first set you'd have expected him to be delighted, not pissed off.

At the moment he can't translate his talent into points and even when he got his first serve in play he was still only managing to win around 55% of the points. Will be interesting to see him once he has a few wins under his belt. Right now he hasn't got enough to compete with top 100 players as his results testify.

As for being better than Novak Djokovic, I'd be very surprised.

Last edited by kundalini; 08-28-2006 at 07:45 PM.
kundalini is offline  
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 07:50 PM
Registered User
 
Purple Rainbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: BoL
Age: 34
Posts: 6,782
                     
Re: Young is one of the most talented players i have seen!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
I must admit I missed the first set, but even when he was getting destroyed on the scoreboard Young did look talented. However, mentally he just gave that match away and having won the first set you'd have expected him to be delighted, not pissed off.

At the moment he can't translate his talent into points and even when he got his first serve in play he was still only managing to win around 55% of the points. Will be interesting to see him once he has a few wins under his belt. Right now he hasn't got enough to compete with top 100 players as his results testify.
I've just checked his playing activity in his profile. His results on challengers and futures aren't impressive either. One future semifinal is his best career achievement so far (he then lost 6-1 6-2 to Ivan Miranda).
The highest ranked player Young has managed to beat was Jamie Delgado, and that was 2 years ago in a hard court future event.

Djokovic at the age of 17 managed to double bagel Ginepri at Roland Garros. Granted, clay is not exactly Ginepri's specialty, but it just shows that Young is clearly not at the level that his opponent was on 2 years ago.

17 (yes, yes, yes!) Slams! And counting....
Purple Rainbow is offline  
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 07:56 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 39
Posts: 1,976
                     
Re: Young is one of the most talented players i have seen!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Rainbow
I've just checked his playing activity in his profile. His results on challengers and futures aren't impressive either. One future semifinal is his best career achievement so far (he then lost 6-1 6-2 to Ivan Miranda).
The highest ranked player Young has managed to beat was Jamie Delgado, and that was 2 years ago in a hard court future event.

Djokovic at the age of 17 managed to double bagel Ginepri at Roland Garros. Granted, clay is not exactly Ginepri's specialty, but it just shows that Young is clearly not at the level that his opponent was on 2 years ago.
Yep murray had at least 4 future titles and the us open junior title at the same age with substantially less physical ability than what Donald Young has!
Lullaby is offline  
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 50
                     
Re: Young is one of the most talented players i have seen!!!!

I am not talking about results, i am talking about the first set against Djokovic. I was amazed at how this kid was talented, Djokovic tried to match Youngs talent but even he coudn't match up, al he could do was blast the ball as hard as he could. How many of you even saw the first set? or even the match.
gael is offline  
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 50
                     
Re: Young is one of the most talented players i have seen!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
I must admit I missed the first set, but even when he was getting destroyed on the scoreboard Young did look talented. However, mentally he just gave that match away and having won the first set you'd have expected him to be delighted, not pissed off.

At the moment he can't translate his talent into points and even when he got his first serve in play he was still only managing to win around 55% of the points. Will be interesting to see him once he has a few wins under his belt. Right now he hasn't got enough to compete with top 100 players as his results testify.

As for being better than Novak Djokovic, I'd be very surprised.
If you think he looked talented in the later stages of the match then you should have seen the first few games. He made the crowds go oooooh!! and aaaah!! with his shots. This guy has sick volleys, not many on the tour can volley as well as Young. Plus he was blasting serves past Djokovic.
gael is offline  
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 10:13 PM
Registered User
 
DrJules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 10,594
                     
Re: Young is one of the most talented players i have seen!!!!

Is this PMac demonstrating his grasp of tennis again.

The current greatness league of active players in order of achievements to date (a factual comparison rather than fan biased assessment):

Federer 17 GS, 6 Year End Masters, 24 Master Series.
Nadal 14 GS, 27 Master Series, 1 Olympic Gold.
Djokovic 9 GS, 4 Year End Masters, 24 Master Series.


DrJules is offline  
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 10:14 PM
Registered User
 
Purple Rainbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: BoL
Age: 34
Posts: 6,782
                     
Re: Young is one of the most talented players i have seen!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gael
I am not talking about results, i am talking about the first set against Djokovic. I was amazed at how this kid was talented, Djokovic tried to match Youngs talent but even he coudn't match up, al he could do was blast the ball as hard as he could. How many of you even saw the first set? or even the match.
I haven't seen the first set and I think it is obvious that the kid can play really well. You don't win a junior slam if you can't strike a ball. However, Young has never done anything since to prove that the hype is for real.
He is yet to beat a player ranked inside the top 200.

17 (yes, yes, yes!) Slams! And counting....
Purple Rainbow is offline  
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 10:32 PM
Not a Registered User
 
El Legenda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: US of A
Posts: 30,181
                     
Re: Young is one of the most talented players i have seen!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gael
I just watched the match vs Djokovic and i have come to conclusion that Donald Young is about as talented as i have seen any player. When Mcenroe said Young had amazing feel he was not joking. This guy can serve well into the 130s and the fact that it is a lefty serve makes it better. He could hit his forehand about as well Djockovic and his backhand is also very good. This guy has amazing feel especially at the net, i would say he has the best volleys on ATP right now. He is way more talented than Djokovic and you could easily see it by watching the match. He he was phsically stronger which he will be in a few years he will be DESTROYING DJOKOVIC!!!!! I think this guy is going to be one of the greats in the game after seing the first set against Djokovic.
Ms.Young welcome back to MTF

you must have not see a lot of player than

El Legenda is offline  
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 10:37 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 488
                     
Re: Young is one of the most talented players i have seen!!!!

There are a lot of talented players out there, most of whom are not given a single wildcard into an ATP level event. Most players in the draw had better results than Young at his age, and did not have any of the hype on them that this kid has had for the past few years. If he's so talented then why does he need to be treated differently than the other players? Won't his talent eventually translate into results on its own? I know I mentioned it before, but at 17 Chang won the French Open and this kid hasn't won a match on the atp tour.

The only reason he has any prive money or points is because he was given spots in main draws he never earned.
Maxpowers is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome