1. The woman next to me during the Darcis match kept oohing and ahhing over Darcis's serve. Any louder and she and Darcis's serve would've had to get a room.
2. Someone please tell US athletes that ankle socks and shorts that cover the knees make even the best legs look ugly as hell.
3. Some old dude in my row was constantly shouting encouragement to Young - he was way more invested in Young's match than Young himself seemed to be. Thankfully he changed rows halfway through the match.
3a. Some kid with a sign supporting Isner came and sat in my row for a short while and kept yelling directly at Isner, begging him to look over (of course Isner ignored him). There's a fine line between cute and annoying and this kid was playing both sides of the fence.
4. I've noticed this a long time ago, but during the Young-Odesnik match it really struck me how a lot of the brightly colored gear these guys are paid to wear looks great on TV but looks like crap in person. That isn't unintentional on the part of clothing companies, and I hope more people think about that before they shell out hundreds of dollars for swaths of cheap synthetic fabric with a logo on it.
5. Some guy behind me kept yelling, "Yes! Yes!" every time Pete hit an ace, hit a great forehand, hit a great volley, hit a great return, struck a pose, picked his nose, you get the picture.
This in itself wouldn't have been annoying, but he also kept calling Tommy's balls "Out!" and muttering "What!? No way!" whenever Pete's balls were called out.
5a. This same guy also said, "Odesnik... Odesnik... I wonder what country he's from? 'Odesnik'... Hmmm..."