Today's ESPN Schedule - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Tricky_Forehand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,480
                     
Angry Today's ESPN Schedule

Well, it looks like the trend of ignoring David Nalbandian's matches will continue as well as ignoring Juan Carlos Ferrero. They are both playing two men who are having great starts to 2004 after having been out most of last year.

(8)David Nalbandian vs. Guillermo Canas
(3)Juan Carlos Ferrero vs. Andrei Pavel

Now, someone explain to me how the two women's matches tongiht can even compare to how I expect both of these men's matches to go. I like Tatiana Golovin and Anastasia Myskina but compared to the four men tonight I just don't feel the same level of excitement.

I think it's pretty damn pathetic that neither the #3 or the #8 players in the world have gotten much (if at all) air time. Shoot, this morning was the first time that I saw Sebastien this entire tournament and it was the one game where he was serving for the match. So nice of them to show the #9 player .

All I have to say is that the plan to show Roger vs. Lleyton had better stick or I might lose it.

PAW 2013:
Munich - 2nd place
Halle - 4th place
's-Hertogenbosch - 4th place
GSTAAD - WINNER
Tricky_Forehand is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 06:31 PM
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,829
                     
Re: Today's ESPN Schedule

they won't, but it's 2 Americans.... so yeah.

This isn't even surprising anymore lol

LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline  
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 06:38 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Today's ESPN Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis724
Well, it looks like the trend of ignoring David Nalbandian's matches will continue as well as ignoring Juan Carlos Ferrero. They are both playing two men who are having great starts to 2004 after having been out most of last year.

(8)David Nalbandian vs. Guillermo Canas
(3)Juan Carlos Ferrero vs. Andrei Pavel

Now, someone explain to me how the two women's matches tongiht can even compare to how I expect both of these men's matches to go. I like Tatiana Golovin and Anastasia Myskina but compared to the four men tonight I just don't feel the same level of excitement.

I think it's pretty damn pathetic that neither the #3 or the #8 players in the world have gotten much (if at all) air time. Shoot, this morning was the first time that I saw Sebastien this entire tournament and it was the one game where he was serving for the match. So nice of them to show the #9 player .

All I have to say is that the plan to show Roger vs. Lleyton had better stick or I might lose it.
It's very frustrating. But, I think it's going to stay that way.

How difficult is it to explain that even if you are building a "story line" you've got to develop some of the other characters in case your main one gets killed off?
star is offline  
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 06:38 PM
Registered User
 
MisterQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 17,115
                     
Re: Today's ESPN Schedule

They are currently showing the fourth set of Blake/Safin from last night, for those who might have tuned out...

I want to see this crazy shot that Safin allegedly hit to break.
MisterQ is offline  
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 06:39 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Today's ESPN Schedule

Oh THANK YOU
star is offline  
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 06:41 PM
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,829
                     
Re: Today's ESPN Schedule

Yeah.... we'll see the shot I'm sure lol

LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline  
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 06:41 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Today's ESPN Schedule

James baby has a little male pattern baldness going on.
star is offline  
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 06:46 PM
Registered User
 
MisterQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 17,115
                     
Re: Today's ESPN Schedule

Interesting how Safin completely gives up when he gives Blake a really short high bouncing ball. This has happened several times already. True, there is a 99% chance that Blake will take the point, but what about the 1% chance that Blake is stupid and hits it back at Marat, or hits it incorrectly...
MisterQ is offline  
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 06:49 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Today's ESPN Schedule

For someone who knows.....

How is the a in Safin pronounced. is like A in action, or A in father? (american pronounciation)
star is offline  
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 06:50 PM
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,829
                     
Re: Today's ESPN Schedule

Q here's the game where James gets broken..

wow that was a good point!

LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline  
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 06:50 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Today's ESPN Schedule

WOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

That was a great shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
star is offline  
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 06:51 PM
Registered User
 
MisterQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 17,115
                     
Re: Re: Today's ESPN Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by star
For someone who knows.....

How is the a in Safin pronounced. is like A in action, or A in father? (american pronounciation)
In Russian it would sound like A in father.
MisterQ is offline  
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 06:51 PM
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,829
                     
Re: Today's ESPN Schedule

BP coming up

LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline  
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 06:52 PM
Registered User
 
croat123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 12,234
                     
Re: Re: Today's ESPN Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by star
For someone who knows.....

How is the a in Safin pronounced. is like A in action, or A in father? (american pronounciation)
in croatian the a would be pronounced like the a in father and croatian and russian are both slavic languages so i'm pretty sure that it how it's pronounced.
croat123 is offline  
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 06:53 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Today's ESPN Schedule

So Safin sounds like Soften?
star is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome