Nadal didn't greet Federer today - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
shotgun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 12,570
                     
Nadal didn't greet Federer today

This comes from the blog of Chiquinho Leite Moreira, an internationally respected journalist who is one of the founding members of ITWA (International Tennis Writers Association).

http://www2.uol.com.br/tenisbrasil/chiquinho/

"Rafael Nadal declared war on Roger Federer and doesn't even want to talk with the Swiss. The scene that revealed all the sensibility of this state happened in Court 4, where both tennis players practiced this Thursday.

Federer hit with an Australian junior - who was turning 17 years old by the way. When leaving the court after the practice, he crossed paths with Nadal. He tried a greeting, a handwave, a 'hi', but didn't get an answer. The Spaniard turned his head, pretended he was going to tie his shoes and looked away as if somebody was calling him.

(...)"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
The tennis equivalent of two old bald men fighting over a comb.
shotgun is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 11:38 PM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: Nadal didn't greet Federer today

Things just aren't the same on Walton's Mountain anymore...
scoobs is offline  
post #3 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 11:39 PM
Registered User
 
s.m.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Age: 35
Posts: 2,560
                     
Re: Nadal didn't greet Federer today

he´s too scared of losing to ivan that he just missed him
s.m. is offline  
post #4 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 11:45 PM
Registered User
 
rofe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,783
                     
Re: Nadal didn't greet Federer today

Not another inflammatory thread...

Maybe we should also create a thread about how Nadal gave Ivan the evil eye when they left the practise courts and how Ivan got his racket close to Nadal's head and it seemed as though he was going to hit Nadal.

Need ideas for a new signature...
rofe is offline  
post #5 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Registered User
 
Clara Bow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: A US state that was once its own country.
Posts: 4,978
                     
Re: Nadal didn't greet Federer today

Oh Jeebus…during the ESPN coverage today they said that it was Federer who didn’t greet Nadal and showed footage of Roger walking by and Nadal looking up after he tied his shoes. This is getting ridiculous. The ESPN commentators were acting like it was a big drama there and now this newspaper writer is doing so to.

I like a lot of players.

Last edited by Clara Bow; 06-08-2006 at 11:51 PM.
Clara Bow is offline  
post #6 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 11:47 PM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,778
                     
Re: Nadal didn't greet Federer today

Roger finished practise and walked away from court while Nadal was bending down (tying shoelaces I think). What's the big deal?
Lee is offline  
post #7 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 11:49 PM
Registered User
 
chicky841's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,651
                     
Re: Nadal didn't greet Federer today

Oh Lord. Im almost scared to think what Sunday will be like if Fed and Nadal reach the finals. Or even if they dont.

Safin


Acasuso ~ Nadal ~ Gasquet ~ Clement ~ Nalbandian ~ Almagro ~Tursunov ~ Gaudio ~ Mathieu ~ Grosjean ~ Roddick

Ljubicic~ Robredo ~ Gonzalez ~ Massu ~ Ancic ~ Ferrer ~ Zabaleta ~ Monaco ~ Del Potro ~ Haas ~ Ferrero ~ Monfils ~ Verdasco ~ Moya ~ Tursunov ~ Chela ~ Serra ~ Lopez ~ Djokovic ~ Tipsarevic ~ Llodra

______________________________

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾


Beauty, after all, is an ideal, which by its nature can be approached but never reached.
chicky841 is offline  
post #8 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: Nadal didn't greet Federer today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara Bow
Oh Jeebus…during the ESPN coverage today they said that it was Federer who didn’t greet Nadal and showed footage of Roger walking by and Nadal looking up. This is getting ridiculous.
So I guess the wedding's off then?

I knew I should have kept the receipt for the hat.


I mean, who cares about this stuff? They're competitors 1 match away from a potential dogfight against each other, right?

So does it matter that they choose not to indulge in idle pleasantaries as they go through their practice routines? They see each other enough as it is.

What next?

Do we need a breathless report next time Rafa gets a split end or Roger gets a dirty knife in the restaurant?

The level of sheer banality is getting a bit silly
scoobs is offline  
post #9 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Registered User
 
rofe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,783
                     
Re: Nadal didn't greet Federer today

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky841
Oh Lord. Im almost scared to think what Sunday will be like if Fed and Nadal reach the finals. Or even if they dont.
If it is true ( I somehow don't believe it) then won't the friction contribute to a more interesting game?

Need ideas for a new signature...
rofe is offline  
post #10 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 11:51 PM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 41,513
                     
Re: Nadal didn't greet Federer today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun Blues
This comes from the blog of Chiquinho Leite Moreira, an internationally respected journalist who is one of the founding members of ITWA (International Tennis Writers Association).

http://www2.uol.com.br/tenisbrasil/chiquinho/

"Rafael Nadal declared war on Roger Federer and doesn't even want to talk with the Swiss. The scene that revealed all the sensibility of this state happened in Court 4, where both tennis players practiced this Thursday.

Federer hit with an Australian junior - who was turning 17 years old by the way. When leaving the court after the practice, he crossed paths with Nadal. He tried a greeting, a handwave, a 'hi', but didn't get an answer. The Spaniard turned his head, pretended he was going to tie his shoes and looked away as if somebody was calling him.

(...)"
ooooooooooo. What is this crap? who cares if they didnt say hi to each other. Are they married? are they gonna get a divorce? are they kobe and shaq? wheres the ?

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is offline  
post #11 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 11:53 PM
Registered User
 
athina7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Athens
Posts: 905
                     
Re: Nadal didn't greet Federer today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara Bow
Oh Jeebus…during the ESPN coverage today they said that it was Federer who didn’t greet Nadal and showed footage of Roger walking by and Nadal looking up. This is getting ridiculous.
Yeah, i saw the footage too. Roger was leaving the court and walked past Nadal who was sitting down. Neither aknowledged the other, but so what?

Last edited by athina7; 06-08-2006 at 11:59 PM.
athina7 is offline  
post #12 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 11:55 PM
Registered User
 
Clara Bow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: A US state that was once its own country.
Posts: 4,978
                     
Re: Nadal didn't greet Federer today

Quote:
The level of sheer banality is getting a bit silly
Next thing you know they will have those body language experts analyzing photos of the two the way they do in gossip magazines.

I like a lot of players.
Clara Bow is offline  
post #13 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 11:57 PM
Registered User
 
Deivid23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Age: 38
Posts: 13,295
                     
Re: Nadal didn't greet Federer today

Deivid23 is offline  
post #14 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 11:58 PM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 41,513
                     
Re: Nadal didn't greet Federer today

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobsuk
They're competitors 1 match away from a potential dogfight against each other
I would definatly take Nadal in a fight.
It would be a good battle though

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is offline  
post #15 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 12:00 AM
Registered User
 
oneandonlyhsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a Roger Marat Sandwhich
Age: 33
Posts: 9,433
                     
Re: Nadal didn't greet Federer today

This is getting preposterous, seems anything with Fed and Nadal in the same sentence seems newsworthy lately

My great tennis loves-Roger Federer, Paul Henry Mathieu and Marat Safin

Grigor Dimitrov & David Goffin - The future of tennis

Allez - Jerzy Janowicz, Jose Acasuso , Lleyton, Djokovic, Nalbandian, Clement, Nicolas Almagro, Stanislas Wawrinka

Ai Se Eu Te Pego - Michel Telo
oneandonlyhsn is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome