What happened with the possible Kitzbuhel change? - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
+alonso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 26
Posts: 14,125
                     
What happened with the possible Kitzbuhel change?

Last year I heard Kitzbuhel was going to be moved of place! I haven't known anything about!
Any news?

Gaudio º Gonzalez, F º Massu º Murray º Thiem º Nalbandian º Nishikori º Wawrinka
+alonso is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Pacific Northwest Home
 
cobalt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,675
                     
Re: What happened with the possible Kitzbuhel change?

I had heard it was suppose to move to Romania. But nothing has been said this year and Kitz is still on the ATP list. Maybe a stadium isn't ready yet? I think Ion Tiriac was involved somehow. But my memory is old Alonso and has started to play tricks on me

The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to do something stupid.
Art Spander
cobalt60 is offline  
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
+alonso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 26
Posts: 14,125
                     
Re: What happened with the possible Kitzbuhel change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60
I had heard it was suppose to move to Romania. But nothing has been said this year and Kitz is still on the ATP list. Maybe a stadium isn't ready yet? I think Ion Tiriac was involved somehow. But my memory is old Alonso and has started to play tricks on me
Thanks Sue
I don't want Kitz to be over!

Gaudio º Gonzalez, F º Massu º Murray º Thiem º Nalbandian º Nishikori º Wawrinka
+alonso is offline  
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 10:35 PM
Registered User
 
NicoFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Literature Land
Posts: 25,078
                     
Re: What happened with the possible Kitzbuhel change?

Hey Alonso - ask Rosie - she would know why it hasn't moved yet. Its one of her fav tournaments and I think she keeps up with it.
NicoFan is offline  
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Pacific Northwest Home
 
cobalt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,675
                     
Re: What happened with the possible Kitzbuhel change?

The tournament is still on Alonso. There is an official website and it is celebrating it's 60th year. It is called the Generali Open if you want to check it out.

The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to do something stupid.
Art Spander
cobalt60 is offline  
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
+alonso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 26
Posts: 14,125
                     
Re: What happened with the possible Kitzbuhel change?

Thanks Sue!

Thanks anyway Lynn

Gaudio º Gonzalez, F º Massu º Murray º Thiem º Nalbandian º Nishikori º Wawrinka
+alonso is offline  
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 06:10 AM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: What happened with the possible Kitzbuhel change?

The basic version is the Mafia man Tiriac is the owner of the tournament and they didn't pay certain things on time and he got the shits with that and this is meant to be the last edition of the event.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Occasional Visitor
 
*Ljubica*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 52,208
                     
Re: What happened with the possible Kitzbuhel change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
Hey Alonso - ask Rosie - she would know why it hasn't moved yet. Its one of her fav tournaments and I think she keeps up with it.
Well - GWH pretty much explained it. To the best of my knowledge this is the last year that the tournament will be held in Kitzbuehel. They haven't been paying their bills on time, but as the present contract runs out this year anyway - they decided to just let the contract run til the end and not renew it rather than moving it this year. They have been looking round at Hotels, facilities etc in Romania but nothing has been decided yet - but the fact they have moved the St. Polten tournament to Portschach is to try and keep an event in that part of the world.

And strangely - Kitz is not particularly a favourite tournament of mine though the setting is beautiful (in fact I'll probaby go to Umag instead this year!) - but many of my friends go each year and love it.

AJDE SRBIJA


Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline  
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 09:53 AM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: What happened with the possible Kitzbuhel change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
Well - GWH pretty much explained it. To the best of my knowledge this is the last year that the tournament will be held in Kitzbuehel. They haven't been paying their bills on time, but as the present contract runs out this year anyway - they decided to just let the contract run til the end and not renew it rather than moving it this year. They have been looking round at Hotels, facilities etc in Romania but nothing has been decided yet - but the fact they have moved the St. Polten tournament to Portschach is to try and keep an event in that part of the world.
Well I am surprised the mafioso prick doesn't have it in his backyard, then again there are some other things involved as well.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 09:53 AM
Registered User
 
Nathaliia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 95,433
                     
Re: What happened with the possible Kitzbuhel change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
Well - GWH pretty much explained it. To the best of my knowledge this is the last year that the tournament will be held in Kitzbuehel. They haven't been paying their bills on time, but as the present contract runs out this year anyway - they decided to just let the contract run til the end and not renew it rather than moving it this year. They have been looking round at Hotels, facilities etc in Romania but nothing has been decided yet - but the fact they have moved the St. Polten tournament to Portschach is to try and keep an event in that part of the world.

And strangely - Kitz is not particularly a favourite tournament of mine though the setting is beautiful (in fact I'll probaby go to Umag instead this year!) - but many of my friends go each year and love it.
You should go.... you know where I mean I hoped to meet you And instead you're going to Umag and Michelle also said something about going to Umag.

I will burn
And you will die...


my old Polish blog www.tenislove.pl
Nathaliia is offline  
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 10:17 AM
Occasional Visitor
 
*Ljubica*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 52,208
                     
Re: What happened with the possible Kitzbuhel change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia
You should go.... you know where I mean I hoped to meet you And instead you're going to Umag and Michelle also said something about going to Umag.
Yes - I was selling the delights of Umag to Michelle when we were together last week A lot will depend on the Entry List of course......As for "you-know-where" - it is still on my list of possibilities because I would like to meet you too

AJDE SRBIJA


Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline  
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Registered User
 
Nathaliia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 95,433
                     
Re: What happened with the possible Kitzbuhel change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
Yes - I was selling the delights of Umag to Michelle when we were together last week A lot will depend on the Entry List of course......As for "you-know-where" - it is on my list of possibilities because I would like to meet you too
Something tells me Moya will be on the entry list... I'm not sure, though I hope you both will have fun

I will burn
And you will die...


my old Polish blog www.tenislove.pl
Nathaliia is offline  
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 10:20 AM
Occasional Visitor
 
*Ljubica*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 52,208
                     
Re: What happened with the possible Kitzbuhel change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia
Something tells me Moya will be on the entry list... I'm not sure, though I hope you both will have fun
Well nothing is definate yet - and another friend of mine is twisting my arm to go with her to Amersfoort the week before Umag because she doesn't want to go alone - but - you know me - wherever I go - I will have fun

AJDE SRBIJA


Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline  
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 10:25 AM
Registered User
 
Mara_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Middle of Russia's DC team
Age: 27
Posts: 55,437
                     
Re: What happened with the possible Kitzbuhel change?

hey he's not mafia men!he's not italian! and it will be moved to mamaia in the upcoming years cuz they already built the arena !

"Fear destroys minds. I'll face my fear and let it pass through me."

Quote:
Originally Posted by musefanatic
Well you're welcome to share me bed with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff
Do look, imperial shadow - the Romanian nation,
At Dana, Miru, Iza, your mighty progenies,
With racquets like steel and hearts of fire impetuous,
It's either "Win this match or f**k off!"
Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile
Mara_M is offline  
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: What happened with the possible Kitzbuhel change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara_M
hey he's not mafia men!he's not italian! and it will be moved to mamaia in the upcoming years cuz they already built the arena !
Tiriac is as honest as Berlusconi.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome