Battle Of The Lefties: Nadal Vs Mcenroe Who Would Win? - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
TeaMMashA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 35
Posts: 12
                     
Battle Of The Lefties: Nadal Vs Mcenroe Who Would Win?

As Nadal hasnt reached his prime age well put him up against the 19 year old Mcenroe who would win this Encounter?
TeaMMashA is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 01:04 PM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,503
                     
Re: Battle Of The Lefties: Nadal Vs Mcenroe Who Would Win?

Come on, you have to do better than that. "What if" syndrome again? Too far apart generationally ( not sure if this word exists) to be compared.

What surface is this being played on?

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 01:07 PM
Registered User
 
Guybrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,527
                     
Re: Battle Of The Lefties: Nadal Vs Mcenroe Who Would Win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaMMashA
As Nadal hasnt reached his prime age well put him up against the 19 year old Mcenroe who would win this Encounter?
Nadal on clay, Big Mack on any other surface

Born as a champion!
Guybrush is offline  
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
TeaMMashA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 35
Posts: 12
                     
Re: Battle Of The Lefties: Nadal Vs Mcenroe Who Would Win?

wow ive already been here a few days and i can see you live up to your name lol its only a bit of fun chill out, on Hard i would assume as its where the big portion of the season is played on
TeaMMashA is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,503
                     
Re: Battle Of The Lefties: Nadal Vs Mcenroe Who Would Win?

Comparing Nadal to McEnroe, why cause they are both lefthanders, that is funny enough.

Guybrush, has already answered this question in full detail.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 01:13 PM
Registered User
 
hitchhiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,397
                     
Re: Battle Of The Lefties: Nadal Vs Mcenroe Who Would Win?

only interesting on hardcourts and as nadal doesn't play any great serve volleyers these days its way to hard to tell
hitchhiker is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
TeaMMashA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 35
Posts: 12
                     
Re: Battle Of The Lefties: Nadal Vs Mcenroe Who Would Win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Comparing Nadal to McEnroe, why cause they are both lefthanders, that is funny enough.

Guybrush, has already answered this question in full detail.
Left handed teen sensations probably why but i guess you seem like a bit of a stiff to participate in stuff like this, just a way to have a discussion
TeaMMashA is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Registered User
 
Billabong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: GugaHolics Land
Age: 29
Posts: 18,706
                     
Re: Battle Of The Lefties: Nadal Vs Mcenroe Who Would Win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchhiker
only interesting on hardcourts and as nadal doesn't play any great serve volleyers these days its way to hard to tell
Exactly. But I'm sure a peak Mac would give him a spank on a fast court

Guga Kuerten

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Tennis Matches on DVDs Website
Billabong is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 01:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,629
                     
Re: Battle Of The Lefties: Nadal Vs Mcenroe Who Would Win?

-John had a dominance over amateurs.
-Nadal has a growing dominance over a well-trained, performance-supplemented field.

The level of tennis is so ridiculously over-powering to that of the 70's, that any comparison is insult to today's players.
disturb3d is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 01:45 PM
Registered User
 
hitchhiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,397
                     
Re: Battle Of The Lefties: Nadal Vs Mcenroe Who Would Win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturb3d
-John had a dominance over amateurs.
-Nadal has a growing dominance over a well-trained, performance-supplemented field.

The level of tennis is so ridiculously over-powering to that of the 70's, that any comparison is insult to today's players.
there is not a single thing correct in this post
hitchhiker is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome