Why does Nadal bite his trophies? - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
gillian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 850
                     
Why does Nadal bite his trophies?

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I'm curious about this gesture of Nadal's (personally, I find it endearing). It seems to be a tradition with him. Does anyone know what's behind it?

Rafa Looks Weird With Sleeves
gillian is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 05:31 PM
Registered User
 
NicoFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Literature Land
Posts: 25,078
                     
Re: Why does Nadal bite his trophies?

I think that its cute too.

I may be wrong, but I think someone said that Carlos did it awhile back when he won a big tournament.

Anyone remember if that's right?
NicoFan is offline  
post #3 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 05:40 PM
Registered User
 
PinkFeatherBoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Wherever I lay my hat...
Posts: 6,304
                     
Re: Why does Nadal bite his trophies?

He thinks they're made of chocolate.

Q. You must have so many different emotions going through your head. Was it like a rollercoaster for you?
STANISLAS WAWRINKA: Yeah, yeah, it's quite crazy..I never expect to win a Grand Slam.
I never dream about that because for me, I was not good enough to beat those guy.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline  
post #4 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 05:42 PM
Registered User
 
athie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,935
                     
Re: Why does Nadal bite his trophies?

Success tastes good I suppose
athie is offline  
post #5 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Registered User
 
Sugar Kane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 34
Posts: 9,234
                     
Re: Why does Nadal bite his trophies?

It must have something to do with Moya


Sugar Kane is offline  
post #6 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 05:46 PM
Last dance, Andy
 
tangerine_dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York New Englander
Posts: 25,439
                     
Re: Why does Nadal bite his trophies?

Because babies will put things in their mouth.

"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."


Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline  
post #7 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 05:48 PM
Not a Registered User
 
El Legenda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: US of A
Posts: 30,181
                     
Re: Why does Nadal bite his trophies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
Because babies will put things in their mouth.
what a comedian you are

El Legenda is offline  
post #8 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 05:48 PM
Registered User
 
PinkFeatherBoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Wherever I lay my hat...
Posts: 6,304
                     
Re: Why does Nadal bite his trophies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
Because babies will put things in their mouth.
In that case, I look forward to seeing Richard chewing on many trophies. (:

Q. You must have so many different emotions going through your head. Was it like a rollercoaster for you?
STANISLAS WAWRINKA: Yeah, yeah, it's quite crazy..I never expect to win a Grand Slam.
I never dream about that because for me, I was not good enough to beat those guy.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline  
post #9 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 05:50 PM
Registered User
 
Sugar Kane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 34
Posts: 9,234
                     
Re: Why does Nadal bite his trophies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
Because babies will put things in their mouth.
I was about to say something but no, I can refrain


Sugar Kane is offline  
post #10 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 05:51 PM
Registered User
 
jenanun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,573
                     
Re: Why does Nadal bite his trophies?

or because he is teething... teething baby loves to bite!
jenanun is offline  
post #11 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 06:15 PM
country flag Rex
Registered User
 
Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Tennis Courts
Age: 27
Posts: 985
                     
Re: Why does Nadal bite his trophies?

come off it guys- i suppose he just loves taste his own glory

Nieminen- The lucky lefty of tennis.
Sampras- The hairy champion of tennis.
Ferrero- The mosquito of tennis.
Srichaphan- The Thai- ger of tennis.
Safin - The of tennis.
Bagdatis- The quotesman of tennis "my coach will watch, i will sleep with my girlfriend"
Kiefer- The naive guy, "yeh, me and seb are good friends"
Santoro- The double handed wizard of tennis.
Lopez- IS my hair right? IS my lipstick right?
Moya- The tatoo and muscles of tennis (although nadal kicks his ass in that department).
Tipsarevic- The tatoo of tennis, competing with moya.
Djokovic- Stole Jiri's surname

Sorry if I left out your favourite, just PM me to let me know-- thanks.
Rex is offline  
post #12 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 07:12 PM
Registered User
 
Eclectic Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 743
                     
Re: Why does Nadal bite his trophies?

In the latest Deuce, he claimed that it's just something he did once and everyone liked it so much that he keeps doing it. I have seen Carlos do it before, too.

Though I like the baby theories, too.

"We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection." ~ Abraham Lincoln
Eclectic Goddess is offline  
post #13 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 07:15 PM
Registered User
 
RogerRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 534
                     
Re: Why does Nadal bite his trophies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
Because babies will put things in their mouth.

yeah babies go through an anal and an oral phase and we see both phases with him.
RogerRocks is offline  
post #14 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 07:27 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 13,139
                     
Re: Why does Nadal bite his trophies?

Yea, I think Nadal does it for fun. There's no real rhyme or reason for it, except that, us lefties think different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Anyone who says any player has no chance against Dolgopolov is clearly trolling.
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline  
post #15 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 07:29 PM
Registered User
 
Saumon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 26,749
                     
Re: Why does Nadal bite his trophies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumus
Yea, I think Nadal does it for fun. There's no real rhyme or reason for it, except that, us lefties think different.
he is a righty (do you say "righty"? ) actually

Saumon is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome