Who was a Chair Umpire in Moscow final? - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TV Box on Banhofstrasse (Zurich)
Posts: 1,107
                     
Who was a Chair Umpire in Moscow final?

I heard Kiefer called him crap/shit during his press-conference...
Rosa Luxembourg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 06:52 PM
Registered User
 
MariaV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 42,253
                     
Re: Who was a Chair Umpire in Moscow final?

Romano Grillotti. They said Kiwi didn't shake hands with him but I cannot confirm from TV.
MariaV is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TV Box on Banhofstrasse (Zurich)
Posts: 1,107
                     
Re: Who was a Chair Umpire in Moscow final?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV
Romano Grillotti. They said Kiwi didn't shake hands with him but I cannot confirm from TV.
Is he Italian?

I heard also that Kiwi is blaming Russians for bad umpiring. Why?
Rosa Luxembourg is offline  
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 07:58 PM
-
 
Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 33
Posts: 24,630
                     
Re: Who was a Chair Umpire in Moscow final?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa Luxembourg
Is he Italian?

I heard also that Kiwi is blaming Russians for bad umpiring. Why?
He is Italian.

I wouldn't blame the Russians for bad umpiring, but I would blame Grillotti for his weak authority in this match because he allowed Andreev to dance around on his head requesting one medical timeout after another and disappearing for 10 minutes in the middle of the set after he got already treatment just a few minutes before.

Carlos --- C'MON Lleyton!!! --- Kiwi!!! --- Jürgen --- Juan

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 08:36 PM
Registered User
 
zethand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 29
Posts: 1,300
                     
Re: Who was a Chair Umpire in Moscow final?

the umpires in the ATP are the worst thing! They have made huge mistakes.. I think they make mistakes in every single match! I agree with Kiefer if he called him crap.. he must be!

Go Muller!!
zethand is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 10:19 PM
Registered User
 
RickDaStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,774
                     
Re: Who was a Chair Umpire in Moscow final?

When you blow a 75 40 lead you have no one to blame but yourself.
RickDaStick is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 10:39 PM
Registered User
 
Russian elephant's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 959
                     
Re: Who was a Chair Umpire in Moscow final?

Yes, Kiefer didn't shake umpire's hand and it means he is not able to loose with honour.
And concerning Andreev - according to the rules player can take 1 timeout on court - 3 min and another outside the court - 10 min. So everything was OK.
BTW Kiwi's timeout before 3rd set lasted about 14-15 minutes.

Great job by Igor

Safin*Youzhny*Davydenko*Andreev*
Gabashvili*Tursunov*Kunitsyn


E. KOROLEV
Russian elephant is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 10:46 PM
Registered User
 
MariaV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 42,253
                     
Re: Who was a Chair Umpire in Moscow final?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
He is Italian.

I wouldn't blame the Russians for bad umpiring, but I would blame Grillotti for his weak authority in this match because he allowed Andreev to dance around on his head requesting one medical timeout after another and disappearing for 10 minutes in the middle of the set after he got already treatment just a few minutes before.
Neely, I don't know really but Marat had some problems with Grillotti last year and this year again so I wonder if he's not always strong enough ump, I mean not enough authority or smth. I have seen some other guys complaining during his matches too so...
The Russian linespeople were actually making calls agains Igor, they did nothing against Kiwi.
MariaV is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 11:24 PM
Registered User
 
Jogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,212
                     
Re: Who was a Chair Umpire in Moscow final?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanLjubicic
When you blow a 75 40 lead you have no one to blame but yourself.
You Croat fans would be first to critsise Roddick or Agassi when Roddick or Agassi would have taken three timeouts with 10 minute break away from court in USA against Ljubicic and Ljubicic looses the match. Or who is it who is complaining all time about Roddick when he do something wrong or when Ljubibitch got wrong calls in US Open?

Albert Costa forever +++ Tommy Haas +++ Ivo Karlovic +++ Peter Luczak


RAFA owns Fedclown ~~~ H2H record 14-7 -- ~~~ 3 different GS finals included
Byebye Fedjerk, your dominance period is over! Nadal will win like 10 more Slams!



Zero tolerance against dopers!
Jogy is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 11:42 PM
country flag JMG
Registered User
 
JMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 25,000
                     
Re: Who was a Chair Umpire in Moscow final?

Grillotti behaved like an idiot. Just sitting there on his chair. It's too easy to say it's Kiefer's own fault. Of course he should have won, but I don't get it why all the Andreev fans can't admit that A. behaved like a total asshole.

We have even one female poster on this board, who tells us in her signature to "use fair play to win respect" and then at the same time she's cheering extremely for Andreev. Does that make any sense?
JMG is offline  
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 11:45 PM
Registered User
 
RickDaStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,774
                     
Re: Who was a Chair Umpire in Moscow final?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jogy
You Croat fans would be first to critsise Roddick or Agassi when Roddick or Agassi would have taken three timeouts with 10 minute break away from court in USA against Ljubicic and Ljubicic looses the match. Or who is it who is complaining all time about Roddick when he do something wrong or when Ljubibitch got wrong calls in US Open?

Lol you are obsessed man, does every post a ljubo fan make have to comeback to something involving ivan. Thats like you saying something totally irrevalent to haas and as soon as i see your post i bring i how shitty of a player he is. I understand that your frustration since your a haas fan but really cut it down a little, not every post some ivan fan makes should involve you coming in and saying how much you hate him.
RickDaStick is offline  
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 11:57 PM
Registered User
 
Jogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,212
                     
Re: Who was a Chair Umpire in Moscow final?

IvanLjubicic: I don't say how shit Ivan is this time but tryed to saying you that you should be careful with judging here. Because I think if Ljubicic would play Roddick in USA and loose and Roddick would had three timeouts with 10 minute break away from court you croat fans would go and want to kill Roddick. Such thing would be interesting to see how you judge situation then

Albert Costa forever +++ Tommy Haas +++ Ivo Karlovic +++ Peter Luczak


RAFA owns Fedclown ~~~ H2H record 14-7 -- ~~~ 3 different GS finals included
Byebye Fedjerk, your dominance period is over! Nadal will win like 10 more Slams!



Zero tolerance against dopers!
Jogy is offline  
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 12:02 AM
Registered User
 
Jogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,212
                     
Re: Who was a Chair Umpire in Moscow final?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG
Grillotti behaved like an idiot. Just sitting there on his chair. It's too easy to say it's Kiefer's own fault. Of course he should have won, but I don't get it why all the Andreev fans can't admit that A. behaved like a total asshole.
anwer is easy: Andreev is cute little Russian in Moscow, like the nice and gentleman Federer or some Argentina player who have immunity on this forum even when they take doping. These men never do something wrong
When it is Hewitt/Coria/Haas/Roddick forum police like Sjengster and company are soon there to moan about them when they only complain about call or swear about missed shot

Albert Costa forever +++ Tommy Haas +++ Ivo Karlovic +++ Peter Luczak


RAFA owns Fedclown ~~~ H2H record 14-7 -- ~~~ 3 different GS finals included
Byebye Fedjerk, your dominance period is over! Nadal will win like 10 more Slams!



Zero tolerance against dopers!

Last edited by Jogy; 10-18-2005 at 12:06 AM.
Jogy is offline  
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 12:03 AM
Registered User
 
RickDaStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,774
                     
Re: Who was a Chair Umpire in Moscow final?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jogy
IvanLjubicic: I don't say how shit Ivan is this time but tryed to saying you that you should be careful with judging here. Because I think if Ljubicic would play Roddick in USA and loose and Roddick would had three timeouts with 10 minute break away from court you croat fans would go and want to kill Roddick. Such thing would be interesting to see how you judge situation then

Maybe so but If Ivan led 75 40 vs Roddick, I would not blame anyone but Ivan no matter what, even if Andy took another 35 minute shit break.
RickDaStick is offline  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 12:06 AM
Registered User
 
Jogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,212
                     
Re: Who was a Chair Umpire in Moscow final?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanLjubicic
Maybe so but If Ivan led 75 40 vs Roddick, I would not blame anyone but Ivan no matter what, even if Andy took another 35 minute shit break.
is fair, okay

Albert Costa forever +++ Tommy Haas +++ Ivo Karlovic +++ Peter Luczak


RAFA owns Fedclown ~~~ H2H record 14-7 -- ~~~ 3 different GS finals included
Byebye Fedjerk, your dominance period is over! Nadal will win like 10 more Slams!



Zero tolerance against dopers!
Jogy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome