Murray bashing. - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 156
                     
Murray bashing.

What the hell is it with people on this forum just toally rubbishing Andrew Murray? 'federer express' you need to STFU because I would think you would be tired by now of being wrong, it is clear your are on this forum only to glorify Federer.

The braindead assumptions that pass an analysis here are laughable. Murray is 18, yet his critics talk about him as if his game is not going to improve from this point. I can't help but wonder if a lot of this is bitterness stemming from the fact that Murray's performance for this year will put him on par with better thought of players like Gasquet and Monfils a the same age.

Those saying Murray has no power in his game must have missed the near 100mph forehands he was blasting past Stephanek at Wimbledon, or the blistering backhand passing shots. Then there is the serve, which looks like it is going to develop into a huge weapon.

MTF is not exactly a bastion of high quality tennis analysis, and boy does it show. There is a very good reason people like Mcenroe, Wilander and Connors are talking up Murray, there is a good reason that he is getting a lot of coverage in professional tennis publications, it's because people who understand the game can see Murray has the goods to get to the top. You don't see the same enthusiasm for Monfils or even Gasquet. The buzz around Murray is reminicent of the buzz around Federer before he was famous, and when armchair tennis fans the world ovr were saying 'bah...that Federer kid will never get into the top 10'. When will you clueless wonders learn.

'federer express', watch Murray get into the top 10 next year and see how idiotic your criticisms truly were. Maybe you should try ignoring your prejudices and watch one of Murray's better matches. See just how early he moves to make a shot, how he seems to have all the time in the world. Watch the ROS and see just how early he can take the ball, appreciate the Mcenroesque like brilliance that sees him consistently pull of jaw dropping shots.

In a sense I suppose all this criticism Murray gets shows just how well he is doing, he's making his critics look stupid and this leads them to make ever more ridiculous criticisms
evanzo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Registered User
 
Aleksa's Laydee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: *dreams of sweden*
Age: 29
Posts: 24,588
                     
Re: Murray bashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanzo
What the hell is it with people on this forum just toally rubbishing Andrew Murray?


pathetic isnt it


Dmitry Tursunov

*mmm sweaty hugs from dima *
[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
[Big right back at ya dude]
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Andy Murray - Fernando Gonzalez - Max Mirnyi - Jan Michael Gambill
James Blake - Greg Rusedski - Alex Bogdanovic
Andrew Kennaugh & Michael Ryderstedt ♥
Aleksa's Laydee is offline  
post #3 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 03:34 PM
bad gambler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Murray bashing.

did u register just to make this post? if you did it is a waste of time because player bashing is a fine art in this forum so its time you get used to it whether you like it or not
post #4 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Senior Member
 
federer express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,772
                     
Re: Murray bashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanzo
What the hell is it with people on this forum just toally rubbishing Andrew Murray? 'federer express' you need to STFU because I would think you would be tired by now of being wrong, it is clear your are on this forum only to glorify Federer.

The braindead assumptions that pass an analysis here are laughable. Murray is 18, yet his critics talk about him as if his game is not going to improve from this point. I can't help but wonder if a lot of this is bitterness stemming from the fact that Murray's performance for this year will put him on par with better thought of players like Gasquet and Monfils a the same age.

Those saying Murray has no power in his game must have missed the near 100mph forehands he was blasting past Stephanek at Wimbledon, or the blistering backhand passing shots. Then there is the serve, which looks like it is going to develop into a huge weapon.

MTF is not exactly a bastion of high quality tennis analysis, and boy does it show. There is a very good reason people like Mcenroe, Wilander and Connors are talking up Murray, there is a good reason that he is getting a lot of coverage in professional tennis publications, it's because people who understand the game can see Murray has the goods to get to the top. You don't see the same enthusiasm for Monfils or even Gasquet. The buzz around Murray is reminicent of the buzz around Federer before he was famous, and when armchair tennis fans the world ovr were saying 'bah...that Federer kid will never get into the top 10'. When will you clueless wonders learn.

'federer express', watch Murray get into the top 10 next year and see how idiotic your criticisms truly were. Maybe you should try ignoring your prejudices and watch one of Murray's better matches. See just how early he moves to make a shot, how he seems to have all the time in the world. Watch the ROS and see just how early he can take the ball, appreciate the Mcenroesque like brilliance that sees him consistently pull of jaw dropping shots.

In a sense I suppose all this criticism Murray gets shows just how well he is doing, he's making his critics look stupid and this leads them to make ever more ridiculous criticisms
yes mark petchey. what a long, boring and full of shit post!!!
federer express is offline  
post #5 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Senior Member
 
federer express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,772
                     
Re: Murray bashing.

McEnroe-esque like brilliance?????

(just what we need...another british person obsessed with ordinary british players!)
federer express is offline  
post #6 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 03:40 PM
Senior Member
 
federer express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,772
                     
Re: Murray bashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanzo
it is clear your are on this forum only to glorify Federer.


which is why i said feder has played shit all week and i think roddick will beat him. get your head out of murray's ass and you might find it easier to read!
federer express is offline  
post #7 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 03:41 PM
Banned!
 
its.like.that's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: sans domicile fixe
Posts: 34,169
                     
Re: Murray bashing.

Murray is the next Federer, stop hating him.

Last edited by its.like.that; 08-21-2005 at 04:07 PM.
its.like.that is offline  
post #8 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 156
                     
Re: Murray bashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by federer express
McEnroe-esque like brilliance?????

(just what we need...another british person obsessed with ordinary british players!)


Pointless arguing with a fool, you predictions are lauaghable, as is your record here. The substance-such as it is-of your argument against Murrat getting to the top is based on fascile assumptions. The fact that *you* cannot see why Murray is going to be big does not preclude it happening.
evanzo is offline  
post #9 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 03:43 PM
bad gambler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Murray bashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanzo

The buzz around Murray is reminicent of the buzz around Federer before he was famous

post #10 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Senior Member
 
federer express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,772
                     
Re: Murray bashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanzo
Pointless arguing with a fool, you predictions are lauaghable, as is your record here. The substance-such as it is-of your argument against Murrat getting to the top is based on fascile assumptions. The fact that *you* cannot see why Murray is going to be big does not preclude it happening.
what predictions would they be?? you are demented. and i feel confident diagnosing that as it is my job!!!
federer express is offline  
post #11 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 156
                     
Re: Murray bashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by federer express


which is why i said feder has played shit all week and i think roddick will beat him. get your head out of murray's ass and you might find it easier to read!

Sure, you are backing Roddick for this match, but only because Federer is not playing to a standard you deem acceptable. Once Federer finds his form again it will be business as usually and you will be back to brownosing.
evanzo is offline  
post #12 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 156
                     
Re: Murray bashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by federer express
what predictions would they be?? you are demented. and i feel confident diagnosing that as it is my job!!!


Really? Judging by the avatar I would have though 'rent boy'.
evanzo is offline  
post #13 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 03:44 PM
Senior Member
 
federer express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,772
                     
Re: Murray bashing.

comparing murray to mac and federer...


OH DEAR...YOU MUPPET!!!!
federer express is offline  
post #14 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 03:45 PM
Senior Member
 
federer express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,772
                     
Re: Murray bashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanzo
Really? Judging by the avatar I would have though 'rent boy'.
judging by yours i would have thought ugly bastard!
federer express is offline  
post #15 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 03:45 PM
Registered User
 
Castafiore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 19,954
                     
Re: Murray bashing.

Ooohh...that's a very red row of blocks under your username, evanzo.


I can understand your frustration of the "bashing" but more experienced MTF members will tell you that it's a tradition here. It gets annoying when you see one-sided bashing, that's true. Murray has his share of defenders on this board, though.
Usually, a player needs to have had more results before the bashing begins so you could almost see it as a compliment.


Quote:
Originally Posted by evanzo
there is a good reason that he is getting a lot of coverage in professional tennis publications, it's because people who understand the game can see Murray has the goods to get to the top. You don't see the same enthusiasm for Monfils or even Gasquet
You don't see the same enthusiasm for Monfils or Gasquet? Maybe not where you live but I have certainly seen enough enthusiams for these guys and certainly for Gasquet.
Castafiore is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome