Professor Federer meets his #1 Pupil: Roddick - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
prima donna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,319
                     
Professor Federer meets his #1 Pupil: Roddick

You know, it's nice, I think that it shows that Roger has a big heart and is concerned about the little people. For him to take time out of his busy schedule to play with an Amateur, how commendable is that ? He teaches him so much!

Look Andy, with my backhand I can do 1 of the 3: each quite well
Apply Top Spin.
Apply Slice.
Hit flat.

You can with your backhand do the following:
Hit flat
...and you struggle to even do that little.

It's very nice to see Federer giving this child a lesson, slice shots, placement, top spin and even return of serve my god Roddick must really feel blessed.

But, in all seriousness I fully expect Roger playing at 65% (that's being generous), out of shape (he's put on a few pounds around the middle), having lack match play as of late (layoff since Wimbledon) to still steamroll Andy Roddick. Bravo. Give him a lesson on what real tennis is, not that ball-bashing crap that he does.

Federer the Professor ...
Roddick the Student ...

Has a nice ring to it, I do say.
prima donna is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 01:04 AM
Registered User
 
Sjengster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Somewhere fairly shingly
Age: 31
Posts: 11,359
                     
Re: Professor Federer meets his #1 Pupil: Roddick

Ha ha. None of this will ring remotely true tomorrow, I'll bet. So sue me, I'm a pessimist when it comes to tennis.

The Wit and Wisdom of the Tennis Journalist, Indian Wells 2004

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline  
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 01:06 AM
Registered User
 
1sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,783
                     
Re: Professor Federer meets his #1 Pupil: Roddick

lovely post myskina

131 and proud
1sun is offline  
post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 01:07 AM
Registered User
 
oneandonlyhsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a Roger Marat Sandwhich
Age: 33
Posts: 9,433
                     
Re: Professor Federer meets his #1 Pupil: Roddick

Too funny, Roddick may just teach Roger a thing or 2 if he isnt prepared

My great tennis loves-Roger Federer, Paul Henry Mathieu and Marat Safin

Grigor Dimitrov & David Goffin - The future of tennis

Allez - Jerzy Janowicz, Jose Acasuso , Lleyton, Djokovic, Nalbandian, Clement, Nicolas Almagro, Stanislas Wawrinka

Ai Se Eu Te Pego - Michel Telo
oneandonlyhsn is offline  
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 01:08 AM
Not a Registered User
 
El Legenda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: US of A
Posts: 30,181
                     
Re: Professor Federer meets his #1 Pupil: Roddick

Quote:
Originally Posted by myskinaLova
You know, it's nice, I think that it shows that Roger has a big heart and is concerned about the little people. For him to take time out of his busy schedule to play with an Amateur, how commendable is that ? He teaches him so much!

Look Andy, with my backhand I can do 1 of the 3: each quite well
Apply Top Spin.
Apply Slice.
Hit flat.

You can with your backhand do the following:
Hit flat
...and you struggle to even do that little.

It's very nice to see Federer giving this child a lesson, slice shots, placement, top spin and even return of serve my god Roddick must really feel blessed.

But, in all seriousness I fully expect Roger playing at 65% (that's being generous), out of shape (he's put on a few pounds around the middle), having lack match play as of late (layoff since Wimbledon) to still steamroll Andy Roddick. Bravo. Give him a lesson on what real tennis is, not that ball-bashing crap that he does.

Federer the Professor ...
Roddick the Student ...

Has a nice ring to it, I do say.

hey...whenever you need help getting your head out of Roger's A ss, i am sure few people here can help you out

El Legenda is offline  
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 01:08 AM
Not a Registered User
 
El Legenda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: US of A
Posts: 30,181
                     
Re: Professor Federer meets his #1 Pupil: Roddick

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneandonlyhsn
Too funny, Roddick may just teach Roger a thing or 2 if he isnt prepared
thats even more funnier...Roddick teaching Roger...hahahahahahahahahaha im sorry wait

















hahahahahahahahahaha

El Legenda is offline  
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 01:10 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,037
                     
Re: Professor Federer meets his #1 Pupil: Roddick

Quote:
Originally Posted by myskinaLova
You know, it's nice, I think that it shows that Roger has a big heart and is concerned about the little people. For him to take time out of his busy schedule to play with an Amateur, how commendable is that ? He teaches him so much!

Look Andy, with my backhand I can do 1 of the 3: each quite well
Apply Top Spin.
Apply Slice.
Hit flat.

You can with your backhand do the following:
Hit flat
...and you struggle to even do that little.

It's very nice to see Federer giving this child a lesson, slice shots, placement, top spin and even return of serve my god Roddick must really feel blessed.

But, in all seriousness I fully expect Roger playing at 65% (that's being generous), out of shape (he's put on a few pounds around the middle), having lack match play as of late (layoff since Wimbledon) to still steamroll Andy Roddick. Bravo. Give him a lesson on what real tennis is, not that ball-bashing crap that he does.

Federer the Professor ...
Roddick the Student ...

Has a nice ring to it, I do say.
I hope Federer can also teach Roddick how to hit a serve and forehand while he is at it (maybe even some volleys if his schedule permits).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCtennisfan
You cannot be great without having haters. It's a fact of life.

I guess Roddick must be the greatest player to ever play the game.
nkhera1 is offline  
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 02:25 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,020
                     
Re: Professor Federer meets his #1 Pupil: Roddick

Wow. Funny.

.RODDICK.
safin. blake. ginepri. haas. nadal.
RodLo is offline  
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 03:38 AM
Registered User
 
hablovah19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,119
                     
Re: Professor Federer meets his #1 Pupil: Roddick

hablovah19 is offline  
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 04:05 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 123
                     
Re: Professor Federer meets his #1 Pupil: Roddick

Quote:
Originally Posted by myskinaLova
You know, it's nice, I think that it shows that Roger has a big heart and is concerned about the little people. For him to take time out of his busy schedule to play with an Amateur, how commendable is that ? He teaches him so much!

Look Andy, with my backhand I can do 1 of the 3: each quite well
Apply Top Spin.
Apply Slice.
Hit flat.

You can with your backhand do the following:
Hit flat
...and you struggle to even do that little.

It's very nice to see Federer giving this child a lesson, slice shots, placement, top spin and even return of serve my god Roddick must really feel blessed.

But, in all seriousness I fully expect Roger playing at 65% (that's being generous), out of shape (he's put on a few pounds around the middle), having lack match play as of late (layoff since Wimbledon) to still steamroll Andy Roddick. Bravo. Give him a lesson on what real tennis is, not that ball-bashing crap that he does.

Federer the Professor ...
Roddick the Student ...

Has a nice ring to it, I do say.
See this is what I am talking about. The ATP players are lacking technique and form in their game. It's just so ridiculous that they are getting beat by Federer time and time again. I know Federer is good and all but it's time for the rest of the players (with the exception of Nadal) to step of their game. They need to go to a sports psychologist to help them with their mental toughness when dealing with Federer. In the end, the rest of the field needs to do something to fucking win a match against Roger. It's just so boring to see Federer win over and over again.
mp3junkie is offline  
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 04:54 AM
Registered User
 
Nimomunz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,332
                     
Re: Professor Federer meets his #1 Pupil: Roddick

Quote:
Originally Posted by myskinaLova
But, in all seriousness I fully expect Roger playing at 65% (that's being generous), out of shape (he's put on a few pounds around the middle), having lack match play as of late (layoff since Wimbledon) to still steamroll Andy Roddick. Bravo. Give him a lesson on what real tennis is, not that ball-bashing crap that he does.

Federer the Professor ...
Roddick the Student ...

Has a nice ring to it, I do say.
dude your roddick bashing is quite inadequate........... your new and innocent you're excused. stay a little longer and note wat the roddick-hating trolls have said and improve. maybe you can learn from them!
Nimomunz is offline  
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
prima donna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,319
                     
Re: Professor Federer meets his #1 Pupil: Roddick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimomunz
dude your roddick bashing is quite inadequate........... your new and innocent you're excused. stay a little longer and note wat the roddick-hating trolls have said and improve. maybe you can learn from them!
New to this forum, sure, new to tennis forums in general? No. What's the duration of my stay on a board have to do with Roddick's ugly one-dimensional tennis, don't blame me because your idol has been dominated in every way shape or form by Roger Federer. Troll ? Where ? I'm interested in tennis discussion and the facts, until you're able to entertain me then move along you're a boring cyber circus act and you're not all that old to this board yourself unless you've changed login names, you're in really no position to call anyone a newbie. Take a deep breath and maybe Roddick will steal a set from Fedex at next year's Wimbledon final.

You're dismissed, don't bother responding. Thanks.
prima donna is offline  
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 06:19 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,037
                     
Re: Professor Federer meets his #1 Pupil: Roddick

Quote:
Originally Posted by myskinaLova
New to this forum, sure, new to tennis forums in general? No. What's the duration of my stay on a board have to do with Roddick's ugly one-dimensional tennis, don't blame me because your idol has been dominated in every way shape or form by Roger Federer. Troll ? Where ? I'm interested in tennis discussion and the facts, until you're able to entertain me then move along you're a boring cyber circus act and you're not all that old to this board yourself unless you've changed login names, you're in really no position to call anyone a newbie. Take a deep breath and maybe Roddick will steal a set from Fedex at next year's Wimbledon final.

You're dismissed, don't bother responding. Thanks.
How is he one-dimensional? Also thinking Roddicks game is ugly is an opinion not a fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCtennisfan
You cannot be great without having haters. It's a fact of life.

I guess Roddick must be the greatest player to ever play the game.
nkhera1 is offline  
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
prima donna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,319
                     
Re: Professor Federer meets his #1 Pupil: Roddick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkhera1
How is he one-dimensional? Also thinking Roddicks game is ugly is an opinion not a fact
Andy Roddick is easily made to look one dimensional when you compare him to the other players on tour, even if you ask me he has an inferior serve to Federer.

His game is simply ball-bashing, there is no finesse and little usage of spins in it. His slice is the most variety that he has, it's almost like when you watch him out there he's just experimenting to see if maybe something will work ... like serving & volleying ... if he tries that against Federer tomorrow he'll get passed more than a hitchhiker.

Andy Roddick lack of variety in each shot:

Serve -
Lack of Placement
Lack of Variety (Not nearly as efficient when it comes to a slice or kick serve)
2nd Serve percentage is not that high, obviously this stems from a lack of variety and the fact that all he can do is bring the heat.
Forehand -
His forehand is on and off, it's hot and cold, that can be attributed to the fact that he doesn't have the best footwork, technique and once again, usage of spins on tour.
Backhand -
Really now, does this even need to be addressed ?

Roddick is all about power and has no finesse, no strategic approach ... once you get his 150MPH serve back chances are his winning percentage drops significantly.
prima donna is offline  
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 06:33 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Perth
Posts: 180
                     
Re: Professor Federer meets his #1 Pupil: Roddick

This is good, so if Andy wins there won't be any "Roger wasn't at his best" excuses?
Maybe he'll play at 64% instead of 65%, I hope!
Arcadion is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome