Rome SF: Novak Djokovic def. Milos Raonic 6-7(5), 7-6(4), 6-3 - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #196 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 04:23 AM
Registered User
 
Lugburz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: near the quasars
Age: 27
Posts: 7,159
                     
Re: Rome SF: Novak Djokovic def. Milos Raonic 6-7(5), 7-6(4), 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
It is really strange that nobody in Canada is reporting anything about this situation in Serbia and Bosnia . I had no clue. I heard about it here and then when I was reading about the Nole/Raonic match on the net, Globe&Mail had an article about the match and they mentioned Djokovic talking about it. Bizarre. I don't watch news 24/7 religiously but I try to stay well informed.

All I can say is, my best wishes to all affected people in Serbia and Bosnia.
Hey Alex, long time no see. Thx for the wishes and I don't feel a bit surprised that western media doesn't cover our situation.


Besides, Mr.Oracle and others who don't believe me. Alex and I go way back so go ahead and ask him where I'm from.

TOMMY HAAS

Philipp Kohlschreiber - Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT


Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Everytime Haas wins a point is the happiest moment in my life.
Lugburz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #197 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 04:23 AM
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,127
                     
Re: Rome SF: Novak Djokovic def. Milos Raonic 6-7(5), 7-6(4), 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
It is really strange that nobody in Canada is reporting anything about this situation in Serbia and Bosnia . I had no clue. I heard about it here and then when I was reading about the Nole/Raonic match on the net, Globe&Mail had an article about the match and they mentioned Djokovic talking about it. Bizarre. I don't watch news 24/7 religiously but I try to stay well informed.

All I can say is, my best wishes to all affected people in Serbia and Bosnia.
I am in a similar place as you. Did not have a clue about this until I read about it here. Can't believe how focused on other BS the Western media is sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
I see you're one of those people who take people's claims on the internet at face value. I bring up sandbags, he says he's laid one million by noon etc.

It's impossible for his foundation to support this relief without him being in the public eye. Are you people really this obtuse?
How can his foundation not support relief without him being in the public eye again? If you mean he can't get donations from outside Serbia, maybe yes, otherwise your claim makes 0 sense.

About Lugburz, I've seen and read enough from him to judge what kind of a person he is. Certainly not one to take things he writes lightly.


The "Who plays tennis?" thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Rod Laver
Roger is like a good red wine, he’s getting better with age.
Looner is offline  
post #198 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 04:31 AM
Registered User
 
NSMv1924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Age: 33
Posts: 2,862
                     
Re: Rome SF: Novak Djokovic def. Milos Raonic 6-7(5), 7-6(4), 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugburz View Post
As I said, I live in Belgrade, and you'd have to live under a rock not to hear about Djkovic now and then.
Therefore I know EVERYTHING he's done for this country and I completely respect that, I've said numerous times.
I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST DJOKOVIC if that's what you as a fanboy needed to hear because my rant wasn't about him but the people and the media above all, how they see him as a god. It's insane. These people didn't even know what tennis was before he ranked highly. It's the sense of false pride.

And the whole picture thing, you gotta insane if you think I'd post anything about our situation on a freaking MTF.
That's the problem of these new generation kids. They feel like they need to post their life on the internet.
Now I need to catch some sleep and don't feel like I'm judging Djokovic for anything, he's doing his job. He is playing tennis.
I don't understand why you think the people of Serbia shouldn't view Novak as anything but an incredible ambassador for their country?

TBH I actually think he's a worse tennis player for being involved in all of these organizations, charities etc. - he could be using that time to sleep, eat and breathe tennis.

NOVAK - DELPO - DAVY - ERNIE G.
NSMv1924 is offline  
post #199 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 04:31 AM
Registered User
 
Lugburz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: near the quasars
Age: 27
Posts: 7,159
                     
Re: Rome SF: Novak Djokovic def. Milos Raonic 6-7(5), 7-6(4), 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
I see you're one of those people who take people's claims on the internet at face value. I bring up sandbags, he says he's laid one million by noon etc.
Where did I say this exactly? Why do you feel the need to put words in my mouth? I never said that.
I said I donated numerous clothes and many stuff/food and that they told us that volunteers are NO LONGER NEEDED.(Because it got too crowded)

I also said that I'm going tomorrow to see if there will be something for me to help. I thought it was pretty clear.

TOMMY HAAS

Philipp Kohlschreiber - Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT


Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Everytime Haas wins a point is the happiest moment in my life.
Lugburz is offline  
post #200 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 04:49 AM
Registered User
 
Lugburz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: near the quasars
Age: 27
Posts: 7,159
                     
Re: Rome SF: Novak Djokovic def. Milos Raonic 6-7(5), 7-6(4), 6-3

OK I think it's time to let it go as my simple rant about our people and the media regarding Djokovic has gone way out of hand.

The situation in our country is no laughing matter, so that's why, MR.Oracle you will not see me trolling or posting nonsenses.

Djokovic is indeed a great ambassador for our country and I respect that dearly. What you guys didn't understand is those people that regard him as a god while they don't even follow tennis or even his matches. Trust me Iam witnessing that too often. Even some of my friends.
Since he is playing tennis match, there's no need for commentators or anyone to pin the current situation to his match.
He's done enough writing on cam 'Support Serbia' and I'm glad he did it because as you see lot of western media are deliberately neglecting our situation. Which isn't the 1st time, but that's another topic, nvm.

I feel like we already spammed this thread too much with kinda off topic stuff, so I'm sorry about that. But a good thing about it, is that some people here learned about the situation this way.

TOMMY HAAS

Philipp Kohlschreiber - Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT


Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Everytime Haas wins a point is the happiest moment in my life.
Lugburz is offline  
post #201 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 05:07 AM
Registered User
 
Mr. Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,950
                     
Re: Rome SF: Novak Djokovic def. Milos Raonic 6-7(5), 7-6(4), 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugburz View Post
OK I think it's time to let it go as my simple rant about our people and the media regarding Djokovic has gone way out of hand.

The situation in our country is no laughing matter, so that's why, MR.Oracle you will not see me trolling or posting nonsenses.

Djokovic is indeed a great ambassador for our country and I respect that dearly. What you guys didn't understand is those people that regard him as a god while they don't even follow tennis or even his matches. Trust me Iam witnessing that too often. Even some of my friends.
Since he is playing tennis match, there's no need for commentators or anyone to pin the current situation to his match.
He's done enough writing on cam 'Support Serbia' and I'm glad he did it because as you see lot of western media are deliberately neglecting our situation. Which isn't the 1st time, but that's another topic, nvm.

I feel like we already spammed this thread too much with kinda off topic stuff, so I'm sorry about that. But a good thing about it, is that some people here learned about the situation this way.
I can see you're an idealist but I have trouble understanding how you draw certain conclusions. For instance, why be indignant that someone respects Novak for his accomplishments while not having a deep interest in tennis? I for one respect and admire Nikola Tesla (one of the greatest scientists in history) but have no direct interest in things electric. In the same way, Nole's benefited his country in many ways and people respond to that.

Mind if I ask why you don't have a Serbian flag? Is it too pretentious? Are you an ethnic minority or a Serb? I did a swap a while ago for certain reasons but it's going back to the canadian flag soon.

Novak Djokovic nº1!
The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015 * Indian Wells * Miami
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Either you get him or you don't!
Mr. Oracle is offline  
post #202 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 05:25 AM
Registered User
 
MaratandMilos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,247
                     
Re: Rome SF: Novak Djokovic def. Milos Raonic 6-7(5), 7-6(4), 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomike View Post
Raonic is so much better on clay than hardcourt. I honestly think this is his best surface.
Nope, he's actually much better on hard (.704 win percentage career) than clay (.574), which is another reason why his play here is so promising for what it could mean later in the season. Although I do think he's definitely improving on clay. He's much better on it than grass for example.
MaratandMilos is offline  
post #203 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 05:31 AM
Registered User
 
Loosie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Age: 37
Posts: 6,439
                     
Re: Rome SF: Novak Djokovic def. Milos Raonic 6-7(5), 7-6(4), 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaratandMilos View Post
Nope, he's actually much better on hard (.704 win percentage career) than clay (.574), which is another reason why his play here is so promising for what it could mean later in the season. Although I do think he's definitely improving on clay. He's much better on it than grass for example.
I sure hope he has a better grass season than his horrendous 1-3 performance last year.
Loosie is online now  
post #204 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 05:37 AM
Registered User
 
MaratandMilos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,247
                     
Re: Rome SF: Novak Djokovic def. Milos Raonic 6-7(5), 7-6(4), 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosie View Post
I sure hope he has a better grass season than his horrendous 1-3 performance last year.
He was in a really bad state of mind last year after getting rid of Galo Blanco. Those losses against Monfils, Dodig, and Sijsling were all about as bad as he can play. I'm sure he'll be better than that this year, but he's never been able to deal with that surface well. You'd think with his serve alone, though, that he'd still be able to win his fair share of matches.
MaratandMilos is offline  
post #205 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 10:05 AM
country flag NID
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,793
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post

Mind if I ask why you don't have a Serbian flag? Is it too pretentious? Are you an ethnic minority or a Serb?
Classy, as always.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
NID is offline  
post #206 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 10:50 AM
Registered User
 
Sombrerero loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 26
Posts: 60,771
                     
Re: Rome SF: Novak Djokovic def. Milos Raonic 6-7(5), 7-6(4), 6-3

im rewatching the match now. wow djokovic was so lucky raonic choked in tie break...he could have lost this match in 2 sets....

Henri KONTINEN

Jaume Pla Malfeito/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Tomas Pusic Whitmore

John Millman /Marcus Willis/Taro Daniel-Alex de Miñaur-Josh Milton


Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Javier Martí-Evan Hoyt-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Andres Artuñedo-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline  
post #207 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 11:30 AM
Registered User
 
hazzard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,270
                     
Re: Rome SF: Novak Djokovic def. Milos Raonic 6-7(5), 7-6(4), 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugburz View Post
Hey Alex, long time no see. Thx for the wishes and I don't feel a bit surprised that western media doesn't cover our situation.


Besides, Mr.Oracle and others who don't believe me. Alex and I go way back so go ahead and ask him where I'm from.
How come that you have time to post here, while your country is flooded, only to say how Novaks patriotism is questionable,oh wait, you trying to help here on powerful internet community like this and people seems to really care here what is happening in your country but your countryman doesn't.
Man only doing his job and the same time trying to help as much as he can.
hazzard is offline  
post #208 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 12:01 PM
#SavingTennis1BallAtATime
 
zjtennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 14,251
                     
Re: Rome SF: Novak Djokovic def. Milos Raonic 6-7(5), 7-6(4), 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
I believe in the man with the sleeve.
#BelieveInTheSleeve.



--------------------------------------------------


zjtennis is offline  
post #209 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 12:05 PM
Registered User
 
hazzard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,270
                     
Re: Rome SF: Novak Djokovic def. Milos Raonic 6-7(5), 7-6(4), 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
im rewatching the match now. wow djokovic was so lucky raonic choked in tie break...he could have lost this match in 2 sets....
Yeah ,so lucky that he lost lead 3 0 at the beggining of first TB Endless luck this Novak
hazzard is offline  
post #210 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 03:09 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,862
                     
Re: Rome SF: Novak Djokovic def. Milos Raonic 6-7(5), 7-6(4), 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazzard View Post
How come that you have time to post here, while your country is flooded, only to say how Novaks patriotism is questionable,oh wait, you trying to help here on powerful internet community like this and people seems to really care here what is happening in your country but your countryman doesn't.
Man only doing his job and the same time trying to help as much as he can.
Excellent & true post.
rutinos harcos is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome