"Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread" - Page 113 - MensTennisForums.com
View Poll Results: Vote for speeding up the courts or against it!
Speed up the courts 338 79.16%
Leave them as they are 89 20.84%
Voters: 427. You may not vote on this poll

 19Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1681 of 1959 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 12:35 AM
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 32,931
                     
Re: We need a fast, indoor slam like Metz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
I'm in favor of anything that would stop WindRay from adding to his slam count.
What's your big gripe with The Tradesman ?

He is good for the game.

Not his fault Djokovic and Berdych are worse in the wind than he is.

Murray isn't even a good wind player.

Baldull is.

Mark Lenders banged your girlfriend, I'm sorry to tell you that mate.
ProdigyEng is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1682 of 1959 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 12:46 AM
Registered User
 
Mr. Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,950
                     
Re: We need a fast, indoor slam like Metz

All the slams should be played indoors and at 23C.

Controlled environments.

Weather is the devil.

Novak Djokovic nº1!
The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015 * Indian Wells * Miami
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Either you get him or you don't!
Mr. Oracle is offline  
post #1683 of 1959 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 12:46 AM
Registered User
 
Joey Tribbiani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Milan
Age: 24
Posts: 11,361
                     
Re: We need a fast, indoor slam like Metz


Roger Federer

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

302 weeks #1 - 6 WTFs


Quote:
"Peak Djokovic is better than peak Federer. Federer dominated in the weak era 2004-2007".
Joey Tribbiani is offline  
post #1684 of 1959 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 12:49 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Age: 41
Posts: 1,076
                     
Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

Why do you guys want a slam that a servebot can win anyway? You really want Raonic or Karlovic winning a slam?
ahadabans is offline  
post #1685 of 1959 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 12:50 AM
Registered User
 
Pepepaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 386
                     
Re: We need a fast, indoor slam like Metz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_92 View Post

"He has never broken a racket in anger. It would be showing a lack of respect to people who actually have to buy the equipment to play the sport."
-- Tio Tony on Rafael Nadal
Pepepaco is offline  
post #1686 of 1959 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 12:53 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Age: 41
Posts: 1,076
                     
Re: We need a fast, indoor slam like Metz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Plenty of statements from tournament directors discussing their experimenting with court and ball changes to slow down the game, statements from various players on both tours, and of course personal observations and interactions with courts.

The numbers don't exist, not our faults as none of us have the resources to quantify these things. That's up to the ATP/ITF, and they obviously do a poor job at it.
Why do you want the courts faster? Do you want guys like Raonic and Karlovic winning slams? Because if you make the courts fast enough, they would. They have some of the best serve numbers in the game. Both guys have sub 20% return numbers though (Karlovic is 6% on hard courts, which is so bad I don't have an appropriate adjective).

These guys would win big tournaments on lightning fast courts.
ahadabans is offline  
post #1687 of 1959 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 12:54 AM
Registered User
 
TennisSavior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,542
                     
Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahadabans View Post
Why do you guys want a slam that a servebot can win anyway? You really want Raonic or Karlovic winning a slam?
As long as it's not Nadal. Problem in this forum clearly is the fact that glory hunters from two of the biggest tennis fanbases, DJoker and Fed fans fear Nadal's dominance. Admitting to that fact or not, their petty threads show it everyday.

I really have no say on this. Unless some forum trolls with righteous power overtake the ATP and demand change......the world could care less about their cries Mind you, you can't negotiate with irrationals, much less ignorants.

Define The Cult of Fedtardism;

"You seriously think Federer fans like myself are just going to stand by and let trolls call Federer's era "weak" and say that his accomplishments don't mean anything? I suppose you are one of those people?"

- Kyle_Johansen

Last edited by TennisSavior; 09-22-2013 at 12:56 AM.
TennisSavior is offline  
post #1688 of 1959 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 01:08 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Age: 41
Posts: 1,076
                     
Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisSavior View Post
As long as it's not Nadal. Problem in this forum clearly is the fact that glory hunters from two of the biggest tennis fanbases, DJoker and Fed fans fear Nadal's dominance. Admitting to that fact or not, their petty threads show it everyday.

I really have no say on this. Unless some forum trolls with righteous power overtake the ATP and demand change......the world could care less about their cries Mind you, you can't negotiate with irrationals, much less ignorants.
That's really the crux of it I think.
ahadabans is offline  
post #1689 of 1959 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 04:20 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,221
                     
Re: We need a fast, indoor slam like Metz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahadabans View Post
Why do you want the courts faster? Do you want guys like Raonic and Karlovic winning slams? Because if you make the courts fast enough, they would. They have some of the best serve numbers in the game. Both guys have sub 20% return numbers though (Karlovic is 6% on hard courts, which is so bad I don't have an appropriate adjective).

These guys would win big tournaments on lightning fast courts.
This argument is so shit. Raonic and Karlovic wouldn't even win slams on early '90s grass. Even the biggest servebots of the '90s (Stich, Ivanisevic) were far more complete players than either of those guys.

Nobody is arguing for those sorts of courtspeeds anyway. People just want a return to the surfaces of 9-10 years ago, where you actually had variety. Servebots didn't dominate the USO and Wimbledon in the early '00s.

I have no idea why people think that wanting the courts quicker than their current molasses speed means you want ice rinks that people serve their way to victory on.
Caesar1844 is offline  
post #1690 of 1959 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 04:45 AM
Registered User
 
Unforced Terror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,139
                     
Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

I hate servebotting, and 1-2 rally points, and even I can recognize that the courts are too slow/high-bouncing now. Anyone who has a pair of eyes can see that.
Unforced Terror is offline  
post #1691 of 1959 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 05:04 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Age: 41
Posts: 1,076
                     
Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforced Terror View Post
I hate servebotting, and 1-2 rally points, and even I can recognize that the courts are too slow/high-bouncing now. Anyone who has a pair of eyes can see that.
This is such a complete exaggeration. I've watched old matches. Hell, I grew up watching tennis in the 90's. You guys are so hyper focused on your hatred of Nadal, that all you can do is look for excuses and reasons why he is winning.

It's so completely predictable how you all trumpet this same bullshit. Nadal sweeps the HC masters and the USO, and clearly the courts must be dirt slow. Maybe Nadal just figured out how to play on fast courts? Did you consider that option?
ahadabans is offline  
post #1692 of 1959 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 05:13 AM
Registered User
 
Pepepaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 386
                     
Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahadabans View Post
This is such a complete exaggeration. I've watched old matches. Hell, I grew up watching tennis in the 90's. You guys are so hyper focused on your hatred of Nadal, that all you can do is look for excuses and reasons why he is winning.

It's so completely predictable how you all trumpet this same bullshit. Nadal sweeps the HC masters and the USO, and clearly the courts must be dirt slow. Maybe Nadal just figured out how to play on fast courts? Did you consider that option?
They are blinded by hate so what can you expect. Last year Cincinnati was actually fast and suddenly this year became "slow", just like any other tournament that Nadal wins.

The fact is that since Roddick in 2003 no other player has done this, even these so called hard court specialist, and that is pretty much what is driving their haters nuts

"He has never broken a racket in anger. It would be showing a lack of respect to people who actually have to buy the equipment to play the sport."
-- Tio Tony on Rafael Nadal
Pepepaco is offline  
post #1693 of 1959 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 05:34 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,987
                     
Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepepaco View Post
They are blinded by hate so what can you expect. Last year Cincinnati was actually fast and suddenly this year became "slow", just like any other tournament that Nadal wins.

The fact is that since Roddick in 2003 no other player has done this, even these so called hard court specialist, and that is pretty much what is driving their haters nuts
It's somewhat entertaining even watching them degenerate every time Nadal wins something else and of course extremely obvious that they reason backwards from results to their premises in a very silly manner.
tribalfusion is offline  
post #1694 of 1959 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 05:49 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,221
                     
Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

Erm. This thread was started 3.5 years ago, before Nadal even won his first USO.

It is hard for Rafatards to understand, but sometimes people hold opinions that have nothing to do with loving X player or hating Y player.
Caesar1844 is offline  
post #1695 of 1959 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 06:34 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,987
                     
Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post
Erm. This thread was started 3.5 years ago, before Nadal even won his first USO.

It is hard for Rafatards to understand, but sometimes people hold opinions that have nothing to do with loving X player or hating Y player.
I think it's even harder for YOU to understand actually. Nadal came up with the first few posts in fact even before he won the USO and the thread has gone on as long as it has in large part due to the obsession with Nadal and the "good old days."
tribalfusion is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome