Anyone planning to play Challengers / Futures? - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 04:15 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 991
                     
Anyone planning to play Challengers / Futures?

As I said already, I want to try a different future every year, so I think this year I might opt for the 10K in Vero Beach (Fl) at the end of the month.

I register to the online service at the ITF and it's very good. You can update your biography, and enter / withdraw tournaments in a simple click. You can also pay your fines.
SanTaureau Fan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 04:18 AM
Registered User
 
Auscon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Perth, W.A.
Age: 31
Posts: 4,363
                     
Re: Anyone planning to play Challengers / Futures?

Yes, I do plan to enter a Future, but my plan is seriously flawed due to the fact that I cant really play

good luck to you STF
Auscon is offline  
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 04:20 AM
Registered User
 
Chloe le Bopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,276
                     
Re: Anyone planning to play Challengers / Futures?

Good luck. Hopefully you do at least as well as last time

Speaking of which, how is the brat doing these days?

I lack direction.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline  
post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 991
                     
Re: Anyone planning to play Challengers / Futures?

I'll prove the haterz wrong I'm sure. It's clay, even if I never played on clay (except one time with a 6 year old guy who held the racket like if it was a baseball bat), it's my favourite surface.

No idea. I don't think he played a tournament recently.
SanTaureau Fan is offline  
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 04:25 AM
Registered User
 
Chloe le Bopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,276
                     
Re: Anyone planning to play Challengers / Futures?

Too bad for him. Maybe he went back to preschool.

Are you going to watch any tournaments this summer?

I lack direction.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline  
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 04:28 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 991
                     
Re: Anyone planning to play Challengers / Futures?

I'm boycotting MSN btw, just taking a break from it.

A couple of things happened since a month, it's sort of crazy and complicated. I haven't been able to do what I want, but I'm doing something for sure until my bus pass expires at the end of the month. Houston, a 10K, something, as long as I get to see tennis for at least 2 days it's going be cool.

This summer, only Montreal. Not interested to see the women in Toronto. U.S. Open, probably qualies for 2 days.
SanTaureau Fan is offline  
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 04:34 AM
Registered User
 
jole's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 10,759
                     
Re: Anyone planning to play Challengers / Futures?

Are those of you trying futures just heading to quallies and entering as non-ranked?
jole is offline  
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 04:36 AM
Registered User
 
Chloe le Bopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,276
                     
Re: Anyone planning to play Challengers / Futures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanTaureau Fan
I'm boycotting MSN btw, just taking a break from it.
It's okay, I figured you had just gotten a life

Quote:
A couple of things happened since a month, it's sort of crazy and complicated. I haven't been able to do what I want, but I'm doing something for sure until my bus pass expires at the end of the month. Houston, a 10K, something, as long as I get to see tennis for at least 2 days it's going be cool.
Sounds good.

Quote:
This summer, only Montreal. Not interested to see the women in Toronto. U.S. Open, probably qualies for 2 days.
[/quote]

Yeah, I doubt I'll make Toronto either. I might try Montreal for a couple days, I will have to see. I won't make plans until a few weeks before. It depends on how many hours I get in the summer. I can't get a loan to pay for my course this summer so I'm out almost 600 bucks that I had been counting on And then I have a grand that I'm going to drop on applications and the LSAT this summer/fall. Blaaah.

If I can't make Montreal I will make the USO though. Hopefully qualies and the first couple of days, but it depends where I stay.

How much does it cost you to enter a 10k? How's your serve holding up!

I lack direction.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline  
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 04:37 AM
Registered User
 
Chloe le Bopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,276
                     
Re: Anyone planning to play Challengers / Futures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrbatyfan
Are those of you trying futures just heading to quallies and entering as non-ranked?
Where do you get these avatars?! You've captured Jim in all his glory

I lack direction.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline  
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 04:39 AM
Registered User
 
jole's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 10,759
                     
Re: Anyone planning to play Challengers / Futures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe
Where do you get these avatars?! You've captured Jim in all his glory
Jimbo is like a diamond in the rough, that's all I've got to say.
jole is offline  
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 04:43 AM
Not a Registered User
 
El Legenda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: US of A
Posts: 30,181
                     
Re: Anyone planning to play Challengers / Futures?

i would but i dont feel like getting bagel'd

El Legenda is offline  
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 991
                     
Re: Anyone planning to play Challengers / Futures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrbatyfan
Are those of you trying futures just heading to quallies and entering as non-ranked?
Yeah, you need a national ranking for the first US futures of the year but after there are free spots for most 10K, so you can just enter as a non-ranked player.

This year they ask for an IPIN, I think you need contact your federation or something to get it. I think you might need to have a certain level of play to get it. Luckyly I have one because I already played one future but otherwise I doubt I would have been able to get one.
SanTaureau Fan is offline  
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 04:50 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 991
                     
Re: Anyone planning to play Challengers / Futures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe
It's okay, I figured you had just gotten a life

Yeah, I doubt I'll make Toronto either. I might try Montreal for a couple days, I will have to see. I won't make plans until a few weeks before. It depends on how many hours I get in the summer. I can't get a loan to pay for my course this summer so I'm out almost 600 bucks that I had been counting on And then I have a grand that I'm going to drop on applications and the LSAT this summer/fall. Blaaah.

If I can't make Montreal I will make the USO though. Hopefully qualies and the first couple of days, but it depends where I stay.

How much does it cost you to enter a 10k? How's your serve holding up!
No, I didn't get a life, I'm just not on msn.

It's 30US to enter. And my serve is the same, sometimes it's ok, sometimes it sucks, but when it matters, it always sucks.
SanTaureau Fan is offline  
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 04:51 AM
Registered User
 
jole's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 10,759
                     
Re: Anyone planning to play Challengers / Futures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanTaureau Fan
Yeah, you need a national ranking for the first US futures of the year but after there are free spots for most 10K, so you can just enter as a non-ranked player.

This year they ask for an IPIN, I think you need contact your federation or something to get it. I think you might need to have a certain level of play to get it. Luckyly I have one because I already played one future but otherwise I doubt I would have been able to get one.
Well, while they do try to make an effort to only have serious players sign-up for an IPIN, anyone who intends to play a professional tournament (quallies included) can use one.

And yes, that is basically the case about the US challengers. The ones in the first of the year are very competitive, and quite often even the quallies are totally filled with ranked people.

Professional tennis isn't my main aim, however in the future I would like to play in some futures if I can get my game where I would like it. With that said, I have no intentions in bothering (or bothering with it much) if I don't have my game where it could be. Every week I see people on draw sheets losing like it's going out of style in futures quallies, and often this is in much less competitive areas than US and some European futures.
jole is offline  
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 05:00 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 991
                     
Re: Anyone planning to play Challengers / Futures?

Quote:
anyone who intends to play a professional tournament (quallies included) can use one
Yeah, but do you automatically get it if you ask for one, that's what I wonder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrbatyfan
And yes, that is basically the case about the US challengers. The ones in the first of the year are very competitive, and quite often even the quallies are totally filled with ranked people.

Professional tennis isn't my main aim, however in the future I would like to play in some futures if I can get my game where I would like it. With that said, I have no intentions in bothering (or bothering with it much) if I don't have my game where it could be. Every week I see people on draw sheets losing like it's going out of style in futures quallies, and often this is in much less competitive areas than US and some European futures.
Well obviously there's no point doing the whole US Future circuit (or partly) if you don't have the game, but it's fun to play at least one just to get the experience to play against someone who's really good.
SanTaureau Fan is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome