Nadal's post match interview 4-1-05 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
henree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 37
Posts: 484
                     
Nadal's post match interview 4-1-05

R. NADAL/D. Ferrer
6?4, 6?3


An interview with:


RAFAEL NADAL


THE MODERATOR: Rafael at 18 years 10 months, the youngest player to reach the final here in the tournament's 21?year history. He is looking to become the first Spanish player to win the tournament as well on Sunday.


Questions for Rafael.


Q. What do you call your pants? Are they pedal?pushers?


RAFAEL NADAL: No, it's okay. I like the shorts. It's comfortable. It's okay. I gonna play with the shorts all year, no.


Q. What do you call them?


RAFAEL NADAL: Pirates.


Q. You've won 15 matches in a row. You're coming off two straight titles. How confident are you that you're on top of your game right now going into the championship here?


RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, I was play very good in South America. I think won the last tournaments is important for my confidence, no?


Here, I begin the tournament, the first matches, a little bit nervous against Schuettler. The second match is not easy against Verdasco. He was play very good the first match against Roddick. I only try play my best tennis and fight every match.


I am very happy with my tennis, no, because I am improve every day. I think today is not my best match, but against Ljubicic and Johansson, especially, I play very, very good match.


Q. In Copa Davis, why did you not play singles?


RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know. In Copa Davis I think is good decision for the captain. Verdasco, he was playing very, very good here in indoor carpet. And for me, is, well (completed answer in Spanish)...


Q. Will you at all, if it is Federer in the final, be thinking back to that evening last year here?


RAFAEL NADAL: No, I think every match is different. And this is I have another year. I have 19 now...


Q. 18 (laughter).


RAFAEL NADAL: No, I have 18 now (laughing).


Last year I have 17. I really think I play one of my best matches. I think I improve in my shots and my serve. But the last year against Federer, I play one of my best matches in my career, no? I play unbelievable, and I really hope I play the same match this year...


TRANSLATOR: To play as well as he did last year, but also with improvements.


Q. Many players, when they play Federer, are intimidated, think that even when they go out on court.


RAFAEL NADAL: Normally, no? Federer won all matches. I hope Federer don't play one of his best matches. And if he don't play very, very well, and I play one of my best matches, I think I have a little bit chance, no, in case Federer win.


Q. So last year you played one of your best matches, but he didn't play one of his?


RAFAEL NADAL: No, I think he don't play good match last year, no, because he was the No. 1 and he is the No. 1. And if he play very good, and I play very good, he won (smiling).



Nadal is really a class act, and a very nice person. I am hoping Agassi wins against Fed. This way Nadal at least has a chance. LOL
henree is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 11:37 PM
Registered User
 
Chloe le Bopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,276
                     
Re: Nadal's post match interview 4-1-05

How can you NOT like a guy who calls his pants "pirates"? It just translates so well to english, that.

I lack direction.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline  
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Senior Member
 
adeegee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 32
Posts: 4,762
                     
Re: Nadal's post match interview 4-1-05

His English is funny! Good effort Rafa my boy
adeegee is offline  
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 11:39 PM
Registered User
 
adelaide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: unicornland
Age: 28
Posts: 2,919
                     
Re: Nadal's post match interview 4-1-05

his english is great. makes me smile.



+ NADAL + GASQUET +
+ ANCIC + KIEFER + MATHIEU + GULBIS + FEDERER + ANDREEV + FERRER +
+ KARLOVIC + LLODRA + BENNETEAU + BERDYCH + ZIMONJIC +




peter polansky fangirl
adelaide is offline  
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 11:41 PM
Registered User
 
jole's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 10,759
                     
Re: Nadal's post match interview 4-1-05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe
How can you NOT like a guy who calls his pants "pirates"? It just translates so well to english, that.
I agree.
jole is offline  
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 439
                     
Re: Nadal's post match interview 4-1-05

he's adorable!

name_change is offline  
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 11:47 PM
Registered User
 
Chloe le Bopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,276
                     
Re: Nadal's post match interview 4-1-05

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrbatyfan
I agree.
I don't know WHERE you keep finding these avatars, but man... this current one made me laugh out loud. Holy cheese.

I lack direction.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline  
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 11:49 PM
Senior Member
 
adeegee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 32
Posts: 4,762
                     
Re: Nadal's post match interview 4-1-05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe
I don't know WHERE you keep finding these avatars, but man... this current one made me laugh out loud. Holy cheese.
I'd be inclined to agree. Its the pure oddness of all the pictures.
adeegee is offline  
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 11:54 PM
Registered User
 
martirogi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Gainesville
Age: 30
Posts: 576
                     
Re: Nadal's post match interview 4-1-05


Rafael Nadal - Feliciano Lopez - Richard Gasquet - Andy Murray

Myskina ~ Golovin
martirogi is offline  
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,431
                     
Re: Nadal's post match interview 4-1-05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe
I don't know WHERE you keep finding these avatars, but man... this current one made me laugh out loud. Holy cheese.
TennisLurker's avatar is pure cheese. Hrbaty will top that one soon enough though
jackieglover is offline  
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Registered User
 
jole's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 10,759
                     
Re: Nadal's post match interview 4-1-05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe
I don't know WHERE you keep finding these avatars, but man... this current one made me laugh out loud. Holy cheese.
I scan these in from shrines located on my bedroom's walls.
jole is offline  
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 12:21 AM
Registered User
 
Clara Bow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: A US state that was once its own country.
Posts: 4,978
                     
Re: Nadal's post match interview 4-1-05

Nadal is just as cute as a bug's ear. His English is so cute.

That Connors pic....shudder.....he is frightengly cheesy. Mixed with his asshatty personality and you have one scary combination.

Last edited by Clara Bow; 04-02-2005 at 12:23 AM.
Clara Bow is offline  
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 01:25 AM
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.
 
knight_ley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Narnia
Posts: 10,988
                     
Re: Nadal's post match interview 4-1-05

Rafa

nadal | roddick | tsonga | verdasco | gasquet | kiefer
knight_ley is offline  
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 02:11 AM
Registered User
 
Scotso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Baltimore, MD
Age: 33
Posts: 70,027
                     
Re: Nadal's post match interview 4-1-05

Nice interview


Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline  
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 02:42 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 802
                     
Re: Nadal's post match interview 4-1-05

Quote:
Originally Posted by henree
R. NADAL/D. Ferrer
6?4, 6?3


An interview with:


RAFAEL NADAL


THE MODERATOR: Rafael at 18 years 10 months, the youngest player to reach the final here in the tournament's 21?year history. He is looking to become the first Spanish player to win the tournament as well on Sunday.


Questions for Rafael.


Q. What do you call your pants? Are they pedal?pushers?


RAFAEL NADAL: No, it's okay. I like the shorts. It's comfortable. It's okay. I gonna play with the shorts all year, no.


Q. What do you call them?


RAFAEL NADAL: Pirates.


Q. You've won 15 matches in a row. You're coming off two straight titles. How confident are you that you're on top of your game right now going into the championship here?


RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, I was play very good in South America. I think won the last tournaments is important for my confidence, no?


Here, I begin the tournament, the first matches, a little bit nervous against Schuettler. The second match is not easy against Verdasco. He was play very good the first match against Roddick. I only try play my best tennis and fight every match.


I am very happy with my tennis, no, because I am improve every day. I think today is not my best match, but against Ljubicic and Johansson, especially, I play very, very good match.


Q. In Copa Davis, why did you not play singles?


RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know. In Copa Davis I think is good decision for the captain. Verdasco, he was playing very, very good here in indoor carpet. And for me, is, well (completed answer in Spanish)...


Q. Will you at all, if it is Federer in the final, be thinking back to that evening last year here?


RAFAEL NADAL: No, I think every match is different. And this is I have another year. I have 19 now...


Q. 18 (laughter).


RAFAEL NADAL: No, I have 18 now (laughing).


Last year I have 17. I really think I play one of my best matches. I think I improve in my shots and my serve. But the last year against Federer, I play one of my best matches in my career, no? I play unbelievable, and I really hope I play the same match this year...


TRANSLATOR: To play as well as he did last year, but also with improvements.


Q. Many players, when they play Federer, are intimidated, think that even when they go out on court.


RAFAEL NADAL: Normally, no? Federer won all matches. I hope Federer don't play one of his best matches. And if he don't play very, very well, and I play one of my best matches, I think I have a little bit chance, no, in case Federer win.


Q. So last year you played one of your best matches, but he didn't play one of his?


RAFAEL NADAL: No, I think he don't play good match last year, no, because he was the No. 1 and he is the No. 1. And if he play very good, and I play very good, he won (smiling).



Nadal is really a class act, and a very nice person. I am hoping Agassi wins against Fed. This way Nadal at least has a chance. LOL

That is soo funny when he says he has 18 years because in Spanish they use the verb tener to have instead of estar, which is weird. Sounds like a jail term.
jbone_14 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome