ROGER FEDERER APPRECIATION THREAD
The #1 player in the world is not only relevant to everybody who follows tennis, but anyone who follows any sport.
I thought that I would list my reasons for being a Federer fan.
1. His mentality: it transformed from being weak to being incredibly strong. He is truly a man who has conquered his demons and now stands as a man of the world, fully self-aware.
2. His graceful movement: Roger doesn't just move around the court; he dances. He is so sublimely talented that it's hard to watch him and not believe in God.
3. His forehand: He can truly do anything with this shot. Like a Swiss watch, Roger is a master of precision and can hit it absolutely anywhere, right on the line, around the net post, and it is absolutely deadly.
4. His backhand: This shot has a lot of variety to it. Whether it's a low slice or a ripping topspin winner, this is the shot that Roger has improved the most.
5. His serve: Consistent, hard and precise, this is a deadly weapon.
6. His return of serve: In two best-of-5 matches against Andy Roddick at Wimbledon, he broke him numerous times and lost only one set. 'Nuff said.
7. His volley: With all of Roger's other weapons mentioned above, Roger would make a world champion badminton player as well, and his supreme volley illustrates this perfectly. He has brilliant co-ordination and great reflexes.
8. Mirka: Finally, a tennis player's girlfriend that isn't a gum-chomping blonde bimbo! This is what REALLY separates him from Sampras, not to mention the majority of other players on the tour (excepting Agassi of course).
9. The Roger Federer Foundation: Roger is fully aware of his influence as a public figure, and uses it to make the world a better place. He is able to make trips to South Africa even though his schedule is ridiculously busy.
10. His class (last but certainly not least): On the court, Roger acts like a king. He doesn't have to badger and swear at the umpire or the line judges, swear excessively or throw temper tantrums and he always says nice things about his opponents, even when he loses.
These attributes enable Roger to not only be a great figure in the sport of tennis but to transcend his sport and the whole world of sport to inspire his fans to get their act together, conquer their demons, realize their full potential and make the world a better place. Does anybody want to add anything?
THE POTENTIAL OF HUMANITY PERSONIFIED IN A TENNIS PLAYER
THE PLAYER WITH BALLS SO BIG HE HAS TO ADJUST HIS SHORTS AFTER EVERY POINT