I just finished watching both semis. All I can say is WOW!!!
1) I don't know what to say about LLeyton. Roger threw everything at him and still he lost AND Lleyton is sick, not serving well, not to mention a few other holes I noticed in his game.
Roger 21 break chances and only 5 converts!!!!! It reminded me of the San Jose final between Andre and LLeyton. Andre pretty much had the same problem.
2) I am sorry to say that I have not paid a lot of attention to Juan Carlos this year. I think the only match of his I saw, other then his RR match against Andre, was the French Open final. I did not know he could play such spectacular tennis. Stamp me "converted" to the JCF religion. May the High Priestess (Becca) accept my humble offerings.
3) From what I can gather from this year, other than Marat in peak form (TMS Paris), any other player even in peak form will not get over LLeyton if he is determined to win a title. So my question is Why is it exactly that Moya can dismantle LLeyton so easily? I really do not get it. On another board I read that Moya is to Lleyton what Ferreira was to Sampras but that still does not explain what weakness Moya has found in LLeyton's game that no other player can find/exploit.
4) Will this loss invigorate Roger for Oz or will it hurt him mentally?
I hope it's the former. I'd like to see him cause some damage at the open
5) Compared to Jensen and Washington's conmmentary in Paris I found Drysdale and McEnroe amazingly lacking particularly in the enthusiasm department considering how energized the crowd was.
6) I don't care who wins tomorrow. Well I am pulling for Hewitt a little bit (really just for the lleyki factor) but if he doesn't win , it'll be ok so long as I get 5 sets of riveting tennis like today.