Who's your favorite now the draw's been made? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

View Poll Results: who's got the luck from the draw?
Djokovic 63 60.00%
Murray 22 20.95%
Federer 3 2.86%
Nadal 13 12.38%
a new name? 4 3.81%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 03:27 PM
Registered User
 
Roy Emerson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,769
                     
Re: Who's your favorite now the draw's been made?

Djokovic by a landslide. He has one of the easiest draws ever.
Roy Emerson is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Registered User
 
BroTree123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17,810
                     
Re: Who's your favorite now the draw's been made?

Nadal, regardless of how the draw turned out.

Quote:
Hian about himself
Quote:
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline  
post #33 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Registered User
 
Moonball Pusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6,696
                     
Re: Who's your favorite now the draw's been made?

Ferrer, obviously

Objective Tennis Fan

Federer - Isner - Sock - Fritz - Big Uncle Sam Querrey - GOATbis
Tennis embarrassments: Novack - Nadal - Ferrer - Fognini - Berdych - Raonic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Thank You Rafa.... Thank You For Everything, I Owe My Entire Life To You Rafa, You Are My God You Are My God You Are My God, My Life Is Blessed Now That You Inhibit This Earth, Thanks Rafa
Moonball Pusher is offline  
post #34 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 03:41 PM
Registered User
 
samanosuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 20,218
                     
Re: Who's your favorite now the draw's been made?

Regardless to the draw Murray was always the biggest favorite. Don't see somebody else winning it
samanosuke is offline  
post #35 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Registered User
 
Timot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 30
Posts: 2,326
                     
Re: Who's your favorite now the draw's been made?

With that draw we'll probably have a Murray-Djokovic final with highlander taking the title, if he copes with the pressure.
Timot is offline  
post #36 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 799
                     
Re: Who's your favorite now the draw's been made?

1. Federer can be disqualified from this debate, since Submiterer will not trouble Nadal as usual. Nadal takes this 3-0 (maybe 3-1) and stays fresh.

2. Murray can be disqualified from this debate too, because he is Nadal's pigeon at slams and he will face fresh Nadal. This match will not be as easy for Nadal as his warm up against Fed, but he will routinely win this match 3-1. Murray can only hope for 5 sets but it will hardly happen.

So the real debate is between Djokovic and Nadal, since their final is a lock.
Nadal always has at least some chances against Nole, but I would say that The World #1 will prove again (like W2011, among other tournaments) that he is really a better player. Just look back at the RG SF - Nadal's favorite surface, favorite tournament and his best conditions, Nole on the other hand had too many terrible moments but he was still very close. All of this simply means that he is favorite on all other surfaces, including grass.

So in conclusion:
final: Djokovic - Nadal (99% probability) or Murray (1% probability)
winner: Djokovic (55% probability) or Nadal (45% probability) or Murray (0.1% - statistical error)


/thread

NO1E

Del Potro

Janowicz
No1emania is offline  
post #37 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 04:42 PM
Registered User
 
LaFuria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,999
                     
Re: Who's your favorite now the draw's been made?

Nadal, his draw can't get any easier than that.
LaFuria is offline  
post #38 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 04:48 PM
Registered User
 
rob_z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Age: 31
Posts: 899
                     
Re: Who's your favorite now the draw's been made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1emania View Post
1. Federer can be disqualified from this debate, since Submiterer will not trouble Nadal as usual. Nadal takes this 3-0 (maybe 3-1) and stays fresh.

2. Murray can be disqualified from this debate too, because he is Nadal's pigeon at slams and he will face fresh Nadal. This match will not be as easy for Nadal as his warm up against Fed, but he will routinely win this match 3-1. Murray can only hope for 5 sets but it will hardly happen.

So the real debate is between Djokovic and Nadal, since their final is a lock.
Nadal always has at least some chances against Nole, but I would say that The World #1 will prove again (like W2011, among other tournaments) that he is really a better player. Just look back at the RG SF - Nadal's favorite surface, favorite tournament and his best conditions, Nole on the other hand had too many terrible moments but he was still very close. All of this simply means that he is favorite on all other surfaces, including grass.

So in conclusion:
final: Djokovic - Nadal (99% probability) or Murray (1% probability)
winner: Djokovic (55% probability) or Nadal (45% probability) or Murray (0.1% - statistical error)


/thread
rob_z is offline  
post #39 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 04:50 PM
Registered User
 
Lugburz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: near the quasars
Age: 27
Posts: 7,166
                     
Re: Who's your favorite now the draw's been made?

2009 Wimbly QF's will be 4th Round this year for Djokovic

TOMMY HAAS

Philipp Kohlschreiber - Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT


Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Everytime Haas wins a point is the happiest moment in my life.
Lugburz is offline  
post #40 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 05:38 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 65
                     
Re: Who's your favorite now the draw's been made?

Well, it all comes down to semis. If it goes down to either FED vs Murray or Nadal vs Murray- It will be a long gruelling match and in the final- it will be a straight sets win for Novak.
she_cruisin is offline  
post #41 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 05:49 PM
Registered User
 
Kyle_Johansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Age: 24
Posts: 9,116
                     
Re: Who's your favorite now the draw's been made?

Djokovic is the big favourite.

Federer fan, writer, tennis player.
Top 10 all-time list (Open Era)
1) Federer 2) Sampras 3) Nadal 4) Laver 5) Borg
6) Rosewall 7) Agassi 8) Lendl 9) Connors 10) McEnroe
Top 10 favourite all-time list
1) Federer 2) Safin 3) Agassi 4) Sampras 5) Edberg
6) Lendl 7) Haas 8) Hewitt 9) Connors 10) Becker
Kyle_Johansen is offline  
post #42 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 05:57 PM
Registered User
 
Timot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 30
Posts: 2,326
                     
Re: Who's your favorite now the draw's been made?

I don't see any clear favorites here.

Murray would be a slight favorite, if Nadal falls out before semis.

Otherwise, Djokovic, but his win on his worst Slam would still be far from certain.

Nadal and Fed have a too tough draw to do it.
Timot is offline  
post #43 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 12,122
                     
Re: Who's your favorite now the draw's been made?

Berdych will pull an Ivanisevic this year.
motorhead is offline  
post #44 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 07:01 PM
Registered User
 
Federer-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6,270
                     
Re: Who's your favorite now the draw's been made?

Haas or Berdych will take out Djokovic. So Ferrer will make his first GS Final, then he will beat Murray in 5 sets ! This guy is the luckiest player EVER.
Federer-Fan is offline  
post #45 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 07:05 PM
Registered User
 
Federer-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6,270
                     
Re: Who's your favorite now the draw's been made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFuria View Post
Nadal, his draw can't get any easier than that.
In a way, this is true, because he avoids Djokovic before the final. We all say that Nadal has very good records against Murray and Federer, but Nole is leading Rafa 12-7 on HC/Grass and beat him last time at Wimbledon.
Federer-Fan is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome