Endless Djokovic-Nadal debates. Will SOG dominate Nadal like 2011? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com
View Poll Results: Djokovic will dominate nadal like 2011?
Yes. ( X-0 ) 12 24.00%
No. 23 46.00%
Yes but lesser extent. ( X- 1or2 ) 15 30.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 1370 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 04:37 PM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Earth
Age: 27
Posts: 43,215
                     
Re: Is "Djokovic version 2.0" Nadal's new motivation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by careergrandslam View Post


U.........GOTTA........BE...........KIDDING....... .....ME???

surprising coming from u, u are a very sesible poster.

nadull's tally stops at 10.
i'll bet my life savings on it.
I'll take some action on that.

You got the balls to bet some money Nadal will never win another slam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by careergrandslam View Post
we saw what happened to nadal in RG this year after his confidence got destroyed.
He won the tournament?

Quote:
now nadals confidence got destroyed again at wimbledon.

nadal is done!

u can spin it anyway u want, but nadals game has been figured out.
in years past people wondered why no one can sort out nadals game even though its predictable, well now it has finally happened.

novak has saved tennis!
You are the biggest fuckwit on this site, and that is saying a lot. You were all over Nadal's cock last year when he won 3 slams, now you are blowing Djokovic. Punk. Next time Djokovic loses, you gonna go back to Nadal? Or maybe Federer?

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Laver
We all choke. That’s all right. We’re not machines. What you have to learn is to accept that fact and not panic. It’s the panic that loses the matches, not the nerves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Player
The harder you try, the luckier you get.
Johnny Groove is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 1370 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Registered User
 
chenx15's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 61
Posts: 2,046
                     
Re: Is "Djokovic version 2.0" Nadal's new motivation?

Nole's Mental edge over rafa is so huge right now that everytime they see each other it is going to be definitely a beat down. Nole knows he can beat a one dimensional player and Rafa is a one dimensional defensive baseliner. Like i said in my previous post Djokovic was so happier after the tsonga match compared to the actual championship day because he knew that tsonga was the last obstacle and Rafa is going to be a cake walk and it truned out to be a cake walk

the Fed vs anderson IW 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepleBuster View Post
Fed ... don't F this up. You got the break. Just finish this. I got work tomorrow, I got kids... wife needs affection. Give me a break man.
chenx15 is offline  
post #33 of 1370 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,179
                     
Re: Is "Djokovic version 2.0" Nadal's new motivation?

it's not that nadal cannot attack, mactheknife......he executed the winning game against novak at the us open last year on a fast hardcourt......he absolutely went for it and broke down novak's game......now it's a matter of improving his fitness and his declined backhand to neutralize novak's effectiveness from the back......

i think one victory will bring this rivalry back to equilibrium and we will get to see some of the best tennis from both players from there......
Start da Game is offline  
 
post #34 of 1370 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Slacker
 
Time Violation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mount Sharp
Age: 38
Posts: 17,890
                     
Re: Is "Djokovic version 2.0" Nadal's new motivation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
it's not that nadal cannot attack, mactheknife......he executed the winning game against novak at the us open last year on a fast hardcourt......he absolutely went for it and broke down novak's game......now it's a matter of improving his fitness and his declined backhand to neutralize novak's effectiveness from the back......

i think one victory will bring this rivalry back to equilibrium and we will get to see some of the best tennis from both players from there......
This year's Novak is not last year's Novak. At USO he was pretty much spent mentally/physically after the 5-setter with Federer, while Nadal had a 3 easy sets with Youzhny, so let's see how this year's USO folds out

What's worrying for Nadal fans is that Nadal played more-less similar against Novak and lost every time, especially in Rome he looked almost clueless at times. And even in his interview he mentioned few times "Novak can't play like this forever", so it seems more like he expects Novak reverts to being his old self, rather than find new ways to beat him. At least so far think he hasn't shown anything new.

Ne volem nikog lutko
Time Violation is offline  
post #35 of 1370 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Registered User
 
hiperborejac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 34
Posts: 845
                     
Re: Is "Djokovic version 2.0" Nadal's new motivation?

Yes he is! But I don't think that his muscles will help him to overcome new challenges. Nadal can't progress anymore, he reached his peak at USO 2010 and that's it! He can only replicate that form eventually, but I think that's to late for him to technically improve any part of his game.
hiperborejac is offline  
post #36 of 1370 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,179
                     
Re: Is "Djokovic version 2.0" Nadal's new motivation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
This year's Novak is not last year's Novak. At USO he was pretty much spent mentally/physically after the 5-setter with Federer, while Nadal had a 3 easy sets with Youzhny, so let's see how this year's USO folds out

What's worrying for Nadal fans is that Nadal played more-less similar against Novak and lost every time, especially in Rome he looked almost clueless at times. And even in his interview he mentioned few times "Novak can't play like this forever", so it seems more like he expects Novak reverts to being his old self, rather than find new ways to beat him. At least so far think he hasn't shown anything new.
novak got his rest as they extended the final to monday......still i agree that nole is playing better now than during the last year's us open......however my point is, that match serves as a blueprint for what nadal can do against this djokovic......i mean you get a rough picture at least......

secondly, all this happened within a span of three 3 months......something to look for nadal in retrospect.......
Start da Game is offline  
post #37 of 1370 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Registered User
 
fast_clay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ₫ṿﻁᶫỉᾔﺍᶏ
Posts: 15,727
                     
Re: Is "Djokovic version 2.0" Nadal's new motivation?

when all is said and done... it will be remembered that it was federer, not nadal, that stopped djokovic from completing the CYGS in 2011...

djokovic is nadal's first motivation in that, he is now, after winning wimbledon, a far more elevated threat to completing the CYGS that nadal or federer ever were...

it's funny, just when you think no one can top the acheivements of federer and nadal, someone else comes along who is a bigger threat to history than both of them...

amazing how it goes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelvenluvJo View Post
why are you so seriously
fast_clay is offline  
post #38 of 1370 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Registered User
 
hiperborejac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 34
Posts: 845
                     
Re: Is "Djokovic version 2.0" Nadal's new motivation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
novak got his rest as they extended the final to monday......still i agree that nole is playing better now than during the last year's us open......however my point is, that match serves as a blueprint for what nadal can do against this djokovic......i mean you get a rough picture at least......

secondly, all this happened within a span of three 3 months......something to look for nadal in retrospect.......
Nadal can't do much to beat Nole atm, even not with his USO 2010 form: Nole read his game completely...

Maybe to put some variety for a change? I mean changing pace all the time, being more aggressive, flatten out his shots - but I don't know if he's capable of doing that...
hiperborejac is offline  
post #39 of 1370 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Motherhater
 
RagingLamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Age: 36
Posts: 5,571
                     
Re: Is "Djokovic version 2.0" Nadal's new motivation?

More like Nadal's riddle. He didn't need to lose 5 finals to get motivated. I think now he's just confused and frustrated, and it feels like he's given up a bit.

Plus, can he really change his game enough to beat Djokovic? Is he willing to do so? Or is he going to wait for Novak's level to drop like he was implying in the recent interview (essentially conceding that he can't beat the current Djokovic)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTheKnife View Post
I don't like writing long posts and this would require one.. One key change that "I think" will need to be made is his philosophical approach to the game. I'm not convinced that a defensive oriented player is going to beat this version of Novak Djokovic consistently. It's going to take an aggressive first strike player with an outstanding serve and the willingness to take risks. Federer will stand a better change to beat Djok right now than either Murray or Nadal, unless they become more aggressive.
Not sure even that will work, but it will stand a better chance than defense.
Agreed. I don't think anyone can match Djokovic in defence. And as the stats show, his odds of winning a point get better as the rallies get longer. It would take a player who plays aggressive, high risk tennis, and can do so in an efficient and consistent manner.

I still think Fed can do it on a hard court, and could have done it on grass (and he already did it on clay).

But playing high percentage grinding tennis won't do the trick. Djokovic can out-move almost anyone from the baseline, turns defence into offence better than anyone, and can hit winners off both wings. The more time you give him the better able he will be do these things.
RagingLamb is offline  
post #40 of 1370 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 05:16 PM
10S NE1
 
MacTheKnife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 10,575
                     
Re: Is "Djokovic version 2.0" Nadal's new motivation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
it's not that nadal cannot attack, mactheknife......he executed the winning game against novak at the us open last year on a fast hardcourt......he absolutely went for it and broke down novak's game......now it's a matter of improving his fitness and his declined backhand to neutralize novak's effectiveness from the back......

i think one victory will bring this rivalry back to equilibrium and we will get to see some of the best tennis from both players from there......
I agree he can, but he just doesn't do it enough. You can see the philosophical approach of players when they get in trouble and their confidence is shaken. If they are aggressive minded they start attacking more, if they are defensive minded they pull back and stay at the baseline. Defense is their comfort zone.

When Nadal is not sure what to do, he reverts back to his defensive roots and tries to keep the ball in play. That plays right into Djoks strengths. He thrives on pace and rhythm. I could write a book on this match up, but I really don't like writing long posts.

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS
MacTheKnife is offline  
post #41 of 1370 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Registered User
 
hiperborejac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 34
Posts: 845
                     
Re: Is "Djokovic version 2.0" Nadal's new motivation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
when all is said and done... it will be remembered that it was federer, not nadal, that stopped djokovic from completing the CYGS in 2011...

djokovic is nadal's first motivation in that, he is now, after winning wimbledon, a far more elevated threat to completing the CYGS that nadal or federer ever were...

it's funny, just when you think no one can top the acheivements of federer and nadal, someone else comes along who is a bigger threat to history than both of them...

amazing how it goes...
He surely won't surpass Federer number of slams but it's a scary thought that he might have opportunity for Golden CYGS next year
hiperborejac is offline  
post #42 of 1370 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Registered User
 
Mountaindewslave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,556
                     
Re: Is "Djokovic version 2.0" Nadal's new motivation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by careergrandslam View Post
why dont u all nadulltards just give up on this nadal clown.

its ridiculous u still support him.

support djokovic and u will be happy.
i dont want to support nadull and be depressed for like 2 weeks after every loss in a final.

i support champs, i dont support chumps.
biggest troll on this site, who really knows what players this guy supports? annoying as shitttt.

and towards the OP's question, I believe it certainly will motivate him to improve. I'm a big fan of Nadal BUT i would rather DJkovic kept playing at an incredibly high level and Nadal HAVE to improve than Djokovic just drop and Nadal get the easy pass. BUt i do believe Nadal will bring his game to higher levels, look at in the past, look at who Rafael Nadal is, giving up never is an option so it's either he loses loses and loses or he improves and becomes an even better player

<3 Roger Federer <3 David Ferrer <3 Juan Martin Del Potro <3 Stan Wawrinka <3

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline  
post #43 of 1370 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Registered User
 
Sophocles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 43
Posts: 9,201
                     
Re: Is "Djokovic version 2.0" Nadal's new motivation?

Sorry guys, but Nadal isn't going to be "improving". He is no longer on an upward trajectory. His confidence is shaky, his passing shots - once the most outstanding feature of his game - have gone to shit, his backhand is more & more attackable, & he's making more errors than he ever did. He climbed to the top of the hill & now he's starting on the way down.

"There is no such thing as 'the world'." - Enoch Powell.
Sophocles is offline  
post #44 of 1370 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Registered User
 
Roddickominator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 32
Posts: 1,962
                     
Re: Is "Djokovic version 2.0" Nadal's new motivation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
biggest troll on this site, who really knows what players this guy supports? annoying as shitttt.
He likes Roddick.

As for the OP...I don't think there is any doubt that Nadal will fight for hours on the practice court and do what he has always done to make his game better. But I just don't think it will be enough.

Nadal started off with a base game that relied on defense, and that is his natural mentality. Like Mac up there said, that is what he reverts to when the going gets tough. Now despite that, Nadal has worked his entire professional career at improving his offensive game, and it has indeed gotten better.

While Djokovic started with more of a natural offensive baseliner/counterpuncher hybrid game. Nole has improved his game in every way as well, but all it took for him to go from very good to unstoppable was his gluten-free diet. Now he is impenetrable from the baseline, and can hit Nadal off the court as well. So basically, the balance of game that Nadal has worked for his entire career was met by a player who suddenly just decided to go gluten-free and instantly transformed.

Nadal has already exhausted the nutrition route and has maxed himself out there IMO. There is only so much you can do there, and even the more extreme methods eventually will exhaust your hormone levels(which is where I believe Nadal is). While Nole has just begun on this journey, and probably still has a lot of room to improve if he continues on this road. Nadal really holds no hope of matching Nole there from here on out physically.

That leaves Nadal's only option...improving the offense. To be a great offensive baseliner the likes of which can boss gluten-free Djokovic around, you NEED an immense amount of natural talent in this arena. Nadal just doesn't have that. All the hard work in the world has yielded the current result with Nadal, and it just isn't nearly enough. I've never seen the level of improvement it would require for Nadal to do this in his offensive game(mid-career at that), so I have serious doubts there as well.
Roddickominator is offline  
post #45 of 1370 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 47
Posts: 3,574
                     
Re: Is "Djokovic version 2.0" Nadal's new motivation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddickominator View Post
He likes Roddick.

As for the OP...I don't think there is any doubt that Nadal will fight for hours on the practice court and do what he has always done to make his game better. But I just don't think it will be enough.

Nadal started off with a base game that relied on defense, and that is his natural mentality. Like Mac up there said, that is what he reverts to when the going gets tough. Now despite that, Nadal has worked his entire professional career at improving his offensive game, and it has indeed gotten better.

While Djokovic started with more of a natural offensive baseliner/counterpuncher hybrid game. Nole has improved his game in every way as well, but all it took for him to go from very good to unstoppable was his gluten-free diet. Now he is impenetrable from the baseline, and can hit Nadal off the court as well. So basically, the balance of game that Nadal has worked for his entire career was met by a player who suddenly just decided to go gluten-free and instantly transformed.

Nadal has already exhausted the nutrition route and has maxed himself out there IMO. There is only so much you can do there, and even the more extreme methods eventually will exhaust your hormone levels(which is where I believe Nadal is). While Nole has just begun on this journey, and probably still has a lot of room to improve if he continues on this road. Nadal really holds no hope of matching Nole there from here on out physically.

That leaves Nadal's only option...improving the offense. To be a great offensive baseliner the likes of which can boss gluten-free Djokovic around, you NEED an immense amount of natural talent in this arena. Nadal just doesn't have that. All the hard work in the world has yielded the current result with Nadal, and it just isn't nearly enough. I've never seen the level of improvement it would require for Nadal to do this in his offensive game(mid-career at that), so I have serious doubts there as well.
Good post nadull has maxed out on his "diet" any improvements will be marginal @ best,,,as he is post 25 years & natural hormonal production declines,,.
Add to that fact other players like del-po/Murray can handle his game with relative ease on HC,,,it will be extremely tough for nadull because he doesn't operate in a vacuum.

The law of nature,only the strong survive.




THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome