Barcelona SF: Nadal roasts Raonic 6-4 6-0 - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #136 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Registered User
 
MaratandMilos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 11,432
                     
Re: Barcelona SF: Nadal roasts Raonic 6-4 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
They are a point of comparison to show how average Raonic's career has been so far.
Yeah, I suppose it's pretty average if you're comparing him to the all-time greats and a few young slam winners like Murray and Del Potro. The fact that you'd even do that to prove Milos is some kind of bad player is pretty hilarious in itself, though. What epic, tangential trolling.
MaratandMilos is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #137 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Registered User
 
Alex999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kanata
Posts: 11,566
                     
Re: Barcelona SF: Nadal roasts Raonic 6-4 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
I want the youngsters in the tennis world to do well, but I find the nationalistic rubbish that goes on embarrassing. You Canadian's always have an excuse for your hero - "oh he's tired", "oh he's still young", "oh that player played his best ever match vs Milos so that's why he lost" etc etc etc.

He has done very little in the major events. He has the game to bully weaker opponents, but when it really matters he has been found wanting.

You go on and on about his age, yet by that age Federer was a Slam winner, so too Nadal and Djokovic. It's yet another excuse.
that 'nationalistic rubbish' is everywhere btw. My favorite player is Nole. I picked him when he was a nobody back in 2005/06. Fed/Rama/Muzza have many Canadian fans here.

of course we support Raonic. he haven't had a player ranked in top 20 like forever. yeah, he is not as good as Nole or Fed but all other youngsters are even worse than him. I can see why you got pissed off, but c'mon mate saying 'all Canadians' it's just too much. Most Canadians care about hockey only ... Milos is getting more of 'average Canadians who only care about hockey' interested in tennis. it's a good thing .
Alex999 is offline  
post #138 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,681
                     
Re: Barcelona SF: Nadal roasts Raonic 6-4 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
Is he saying that Milos will be an all time great or only a multi-slam winner?
Doesn't matter which one he chooses. If it's the former, it's not going to happen, if it's the latter, it's not going to happen.

There is no evidence to suggest he will win a Masters event, let alone a Slam.
Wing Man Frank is offline  
post #139 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 06:49 PM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 41,788
                     
Re: Barcelona SF: Nadal roasts Raonic 6-4 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
To the first sentence: read harder.

To the second setence: Ridiculous. Hasn't gone past the second round at Wimbledon but you think he can win it in 2-3 years?

Yes I do. Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
Why was that Johnny?
Because this generation is peaking later. Jesus, how many times do I have to say it.

Players will generally get 12-15 years on tour. Roddick was on the main tour from 17-30 or so. Sampras from 17-31. Previous generations started earlier, and ended earlier. Raonic I can easily see playing from 20-33 or even later.

Players will peak later, and play well into their 30's in this generation.

A more apt comparison would be mileage, not age.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is online now  
post #140 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 06:51 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,681
                     
Re: Barcelona SF: Nadal roasts Raonic 6-4 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
that 'nationalistic rubbish' is everywhere btw. My favorite player is Nole. I picked him when he was a nobody back in 2005/06. Fed/Rama/Muzza have many Canadian fans here.

of course we support Raonic. he haven't had a player ranked in top 20 like forever. yeah, he is not as good as Nole or Fed but all other youngsters are even worse than him. I can see why you got pissed off, but c'mon mate saying 'all Canadians' it's just too much. Most Canadians care about hockey only ... Milos is getting more of 'average Canadians who only care about hockey' interested in tennis. it's a good thing .
I'm glad to hear that. The more people interested in this sport the better.

I hope he goes on to win titles and is a massive success, but as it stands he is absolutely nowhere near doing that.

Problem is people like 156mphserve and Milos&Marat give the rest of you Canadian's a bad name by constantly giving excuses for Raonic or by just saying he's going to win multiple Slams etc when they have no evidence for that.

I can only assume they are both 14.
Wing Man Frank is offline  
post #141 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 06:52 PM
Registered User
 
MaratandMilos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 11,432
                     
Re: Barcelona SF: Nadal roasts Raonic 6-4 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
Is he saying that Milos will be an all time great or only a multi-slam winner?
I've said neither. Nor has any other Milos fan to my knowledge. That's what makes comparing him to these all-time greats, slam winners, and consistent top 10 guys in some kind of ridiculous troll attempt to diminish him so hilarious. Even doing so reflects on indication on his part to elevate Milos into that conversation. So, so good to watch and yet such bad trolling.
MaratandMilos is offline  
post #142 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 06:55 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,681
                     
Re: Barcelona SF: Nadal roasts Raonic 6-4 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Because this generation is peaking later. Jesus, how many times do I have to say it.

Players will generally get 12-15 years on tour. Roddick was on the main tour from 17-30 or so. Sampras from 17-31. Previous generations started earlier, and ended earlier. Raonic I can easily see playing from 20-33 or even later.

Players will peak later, and play well into their 30's in this generation.

A more apt comparison would be mileage, not age.
That is such a bullshit, broad statement used to defend the current crop of "youngsters" in today's game.

You seem to forget that Djokovic is not some sort of old man, he's 25. Are you trying to say in the three year gap between the 25 year olds in this sport and the 22 year olds that some incredible change happened causing all the 22 year olds to be completely incapable of challenging at the very top? If so, please explain it in much more detail.

I'm dying to hear it.
Wing Man Frank is offline  
post #143 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 06:56 PM
Registered User
 
MaratandMilos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 11,432
                     
Re: Barcelona SF: Nadal roasts Raonic 6-4 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
Problem is people like 156mphserve and Milos&Marat give the rest of you Canadian's a bad name by constantly giving excuses for Raonic or by just saying he's going to win multiple Slams etc when they have no evidence for that.
If you're going to come up with a strawman to troll me, at least make it something half-believable. I've never once said here or anywhere else that Milos Raonic would win a slam, let alone multiple ones. Honestly, I just hope he can raise his game enough to be in the conversation for one at some point.

The only problem here is your persistent trolling of a young, improving player for no good reason. Every Milos loss thread there is, you're right there denigrating him as soon as possible (whether you watched the match or not). It would be amusing if it wasn't so pathetic at the same time.
MaratandMilos is offline  
post #144 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 06:57 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,681
                     
Re: Barcelona SF: Nadal roasts Raonic 6-4 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaratandMilos View Post
If you're going to come up with a strawman to troll me, at least make it something half-believable. I've never once said here or anywhere else that Milos Raonic would win a slam, let alone multiple ones. Honestly, I just hope he can raise his game enough to be in the conversation for one at some point.
It's a shame I don't have the desire to go back through 1686 posts of complete shite or I'd prove you wrong.
Wing Man Frank is offline  
post #145 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 06:58 PM
Registered User
 
End da Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,523
                     
Re: Barcelona SF: Nadal roasts Raonic 6-4 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
Didn't know Raonic plays on clay. these taller guys won't do anything on clay, Isner, Cilic, Berdych etc. all are same, unless on clay.
GOATro is the only one to break that mold
End da Game is offline  
post #146 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Registered User
 
MaratandMilos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 11,432
                     
Re: Barcelona SF: Nadal roasts Raonic 6-4 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
It's a shame I don't have the desire to go back through 1686 posts of complete shite or I'd prove you wrong.
And here we have a troll making up false statements that he can't back up. Not the first time for you in this thread either, I'm afraid.

That being said, I'd love to have you waste your time in an attempt to try, though. You've certainly wasted enough of everyone else's with your blatant trolling in these threads.

Last edited by MaratandMilos; 04-27-2013 at 07:04 PM.
MaratandMilos is offline  
post #147 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,681
                     
Re: Barcelona SF: Nadal roasts Raonic 6-4 6-0

Again, you confuse trolling with providing facts.

Go back through there thread, I have provided lots.

I'm sure we'll talk fairly soon when Milos gets beaten yet again early on in a major tournament.
Wing Man Frank is offline  
post #148 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,104
                     
Re: Barcelona SF: Nadal roasts Raonic 6-4 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
They tend to go hand in hand. How else do you measure the improvement of a player if not by results?
My point is that you can significantly improve your results, while still not being good enough to challenge for big tournaments. Improvement is a relative not absolute measure.

If you were ranked 500 in the world last year and now you're ranked 50, is that a big improvement? According to your reasoning, not unless you made a QF/Semi of a masters/slam.
Singularity is offline  
post #149 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 07:10 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,681
                     
Re: Barcelona SF: Nadal roasts Raonic 6-4 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
My point is that you can significantly improve your results, while still not being good enough to challenge for big tournaments. Improvement is a relative not absolute measure.

If you were ranked 500 in the world last year and now you're ranked 50, is that a big improvement? According to your reasoning, not unless you made a QF/Semi of a masters/slam.
You are comparing chalk and cheese.

Raonic fans are mentioning him as a Slam winner so I am comparing him to the achievements of the current set of Slam winners and the also-rans (Berdych, Tsonga and Ferrer) as that is a valid and fair comparison.

In both scenarios Raonic is miles behind his fellow competitors.
Wing Man Frank is offline  
post #150 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 07:11 PM
Registered User
 
MaratandMilos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 11,432
                     
Re: Barcelona SF: Nadal roasts Raonic 6-4 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
Again, you confuse trolling with providing facts.

Go back through there thread, I have provided lots.
Yes, we've seen your brand of "facts." You've claimed that Milos hasn't improved in two years (despite his increasing winning percentages in all events and his rapidly rising ranking over that time). You also went on odd trolling tangents related to slow, wet clay and fatigue and began comparing Milos to all-time greats to diminish his career (which is really more flattering than anything else). Good fun was had indeed.


Quote:
I'm sure we'll talk fairly soon when Milos gets beaten yet again early on in a major tournament.
Considering you're always there to rather pathetically troll in every loss thread of his, I'm sure we will.
MaratandMilos is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome