Nadal will skip IW and Miami UPDATE - confirms will play IW - Page 20 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #286 of 382 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Registered User
 
GSMnadal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Netherlands
Age: 24
Posts: 16,533
                     
Re: Nadal will skip IW and Miami UPDATE - confirms will play IW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
you do know that Novak had problems with Nadal's second serve.....net after net after net returns
1st serve points won: 68%
2nd serve points won: 57%

Uhuh...uhuh

'Nadal served only 42 percent (first serves) for the match, including an abysmal 25 percent in the second set'

RAFAEL NADAL

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #287 of 382 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 04:50 PM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Nadal will skip IW and Miami UPDATE - confirms will play IW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Did his serving percentage drop below 30?
So basically what you mean is that Nole was lucky to win IW that year because Rafa dropped his serve to 30%?
arm is offline  
post #288 of 382 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Registered User
 
GSMnadal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Netherlands
Age: 24
Posts: 16,533
                     
Re: Nadal will skip IW and Miami UPDATE - confirms will play IW

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
So basically what you mean is that Nole was lucky to win IW that year because Rafa dropped his serve to 30%?
Way to miss the argument and trying to score some cheap points by putting words into my mouth.

Where did this argument start? With Nole Fan laughing at me for suggesting Nadal crumbled in IW. I'm sorry if I consider serving 25% crumbling.

RAFAEL NADAL

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline  
post #289 of 382 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Slacker
 
Time Violation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mount Sharp
Age: 37
Posts: 15,520
                     
Re: Nadal will skip IW and Miami UPDATE - confirms will play IW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Did his serving percentage drop below 30?
Who cares? Nadal couldn't keep up anymore, same as Murray - end of story

“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline  
post #290 of 382 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 04:55 PM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Nadal will skip IW and Miami UPDATE - confirms will play IW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Way to miss the argument and trying to score some cheap points by putting words into my mouth.

Where did this argument start? With Nole Fan laughing at me for suggesting Nadal crumbled in IW. I'm sorry if I consider serving 25% crumbling.
I didn't put words in your mouth, I asked if that was what you meant. Didn't state you meant that.

It's irrelevant if Rafa crumbled or not. He lost. Nole lost many matches the same way, even worst.

So really, tell me what your point his by stating that Rafa crumbled? Where do you want to get?

Last edited by arm; 03-03-2013 at 05:14 PM.
arm is offline  
post #291 of 382 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
                     
Re: Nadal will skip IW and Miami UPDATE - confirms will play IW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
1st serve points won: 68%
2nd serve points won: 57%

Uhuh...uhuh

'Nadal served only 42 percent (first serves) for the match, including an abysmal 25 percent in the second set'
exactly.......Nadal's second serve is nothing special and returner like Novak won only 43% of those points
Saberq is offline  
post #292 of 382 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,270
                     
Re: Nadal will skip IW and Miami UPDATE - confirms will play IW

Nole will retire Rafa this year for good if Rafa is man enough to show his face on anything other than clay.

SheepleBuster: Nikola Tesla of MTF ...Jesus of America - the Capitalist Crusader.. the Morning Star ... the Bringer of Light.

My Black List: InfiDULL, Gutless Federer

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports
*Proud hater of the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, the fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire and ...

Fact: George Washington did not lose to Nole in Wimbledon final
SheepleBuster is offline  
post #293 of 382 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Nadal will skip IW and Miami UPDATE - confirms will play IW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
Who cares? Nadal couldn't keep up anymore, same as Murray - end of story

I was there just a few rows from the court. It seemed to me and those around us that Djoko wore Rafa down. Rafa looked tired, and it shocked us because we've been so used to seeing a tireless or at least a seemingly tireless Rafa up until then.

I like both these players, but it was sad for me that day. In retrospect, it makes me appreciate Djoko's achievements that year.
star is offline  
post #294 of 382 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 05:14 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,681
                     
Re: Nadal will skip IW and Miami UPDATE - confirms will play IW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
1st serve points won: 68%
2nd serve points won: 57%

Uhuh...uhuh

'Nadal served only 42 percent (first serves) for the match, including an abysmal 25 percent in the second set'
Nadal is forced to go for his serves versus Novak because he's the best returner in the world.

No surprise his stats are so low. I'd be surprised if they weren't.

On any surface but clay Nadal doesn't have the answer to the problems Novak gives him.
Wing Man Frank is offline  
post #295 of 382 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Registered User
 
MTwEeZi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,077
                     
Re: Nadal will skip IW and Miami UPDATE - confirms will play IW

If he serves well and plays his best, he gonna have chances to win.
MTwEeZi is offline  
post #296 of 382 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Nadal will skip IW and Miami UPDATE - confirms will play IW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepleBuster View Post
Nole will retire Rafa this year for good if Rafa is man enough to show his face on anything other than clay.

if only you could be the man that Rafa has become. Would do your mother proud.
star is offline  
post #297 of 382 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Registered User
 
BauerAlmeida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
Age: 24
Posts: 5,516
                     
Re: Nadal will skip IW and Miami UPDATE - confirms will play IW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
I think you've got it backwards mate. Both were 3 sets, Miami was final set tb, IW was like 6-3 or 6-2 in the third I think.
Yes.

In Miami it was pretty close (final set TB). In IW Djokovic lost the first set but won pretty easily the other two.

I don't why I remembered the first match being the close one and the second one being easier for ND.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Fuck you. This ain't no God damn hobby, motherfucker.
BauerAlmeida is online now  
post #298 of 382 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Slacker
 
Time Violation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mount Sharp
Age: 37
Posts: 15,520
                     
Re: Nadal will skip IW and Miami UPDATE - confirms will play IW

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
I was there just a few rows from the court. It seemed to me and those around us that Djoko wore Rafa down. Rafa looked tired, and it shocked us because we've been so used to seeing a tireless or at least a seemingly tireless Rafa up until then.
Yup, it's usually the other way round

“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline  
post #299 of 382 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 05:25 PM
country flag NID
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,226
                     
Re: Nadal will skip IW and Miami UPDATE - confirms will play IW

2nd set IW is when Nadal's fist serve percentage dropped.
25% first serves in
33% won of the first serves
67% of the second serves

Nadal was doing fine without his first serve in that match. As soon as he started hitting first serves, Nole was eating them with gusto.
NID is offline  
post #300 of 382 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 05:25 PM
Registered User
 
GSMnadal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Netherlands
Age: 24
Posts: 16,533
                     
Re: Nadal will skip IW and Miami UPDATE - confirms will play IW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
Nadal is forced to go for his serves versus Novak because he's the best returner in the world.

No surprise his stats are so low. I'd be surprised if they weren't.

On any surface but clay Nadal doesn't have the answer to the problems Novak gives him.
Yeah, Novak is forcing him to hit 25% first serves. This was a one time freak occurence for a guy who usually serves around 70, even against Novak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
exactly.......Nadal's second serve is nothing special and returner like Novak won only 43% of those points
But it's obvious he wins more on his first serve, when his serve % drops -> do the math

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I didn't put words in your mouth, I asked if that was what you meant. Didn't state you meant that.

It's irrelevant if Rafa crumbled or not. He lost. Nole lost many matches the same way, even worst.

So really, tell me what your point his by stating that Rafa crumbled? Where do you want to get?
Well, it kind of took on a life of it's own and one thing led to another. Had to look a few pages back to see where this started.

It started with discussing confidence and losses here. I just mentioned how his confidence back then was shaky and how that showed with him dropping off despite being in control until 6-4 2-2.

RAFAEL NADAL

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome