Rotterdam R1: Nieminen def. Goffin 6-0 6-0 - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com
 6Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 181 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 01:03 AM
Registered User
 
BauerAlmeida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
Age: 24
Posts: 5,579
                     
Re: Rotterdam R1: Nieminen def. Goffin 6-0 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozza View Post
One of the all time great backhands.
He has a very good first serve, one of the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Fuck you. This ain't no God damn hobby, motherfucker.
BauerAlmeida is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 181 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 01:04 AM
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 32,940
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
First of all, I have no problems with anyone disliking him, but bashing him for the reasons I have already stated is totally out of order, but not surprising given how low most of MTF's membership are prepared to sink to get one over on someone.

I've read all your posts in this thread, and they contradict what you say to me right now.

Pretending you dislike somebody for different reasons is worse than disliking them in the first place, so you are better off admitting it's because of Federer. Besides, it's pretty obvious from your signature and your general posting around here that you really don't like Federer, so I can see why you wouldn't like Goffin. I can accept that not everyone will like him, but I don't accept bashing which is completely stupid and unjustified.
Please go back and read countless posts of mine where I praise fed and come back to me...

I am being serious when I say I don't like him, and that would still be the case even if he wasn't a fedtard.. His game is not appealing to me, and never liked him.

Mark Lenders banged your girlfriend, I'm sorry to tell you that mate.
ProdigyEng is offline  
post #123 of 181 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 01:06 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 394
                     
Re: Rotterdam R1: Nieminen def. Goffin 6-0 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
Brilliant gif, just brilliant...
sam250 is offline  
post #124 of 181 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 01:15 AM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 12,409
                     
Re: Rotterdam R1: Nieminen def. Goffin 6-0 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Please go back and read countless posts of mine where I praise fed and come back to me...

I am being serious when I say I don't like him, and that would still be the case even if he wasn't a fedtard.. His game is not appealing to me, and never liked him.
This 'I praise Federer' garbage is your form of an apology, and also your signal to go on and bash Federer even more, knowing that you can just say 'I praise Federer' to justify your actions.

You would not even care about him enough if he didn't like Federer. It's enough to look at your signature and your posts on the forum to see that you like three top players (ND, AM & JMDP) and then all of a sudden you've started a weird obsession with Janowicz. I also noticed yesterday you hadn't heard if Ricardo Mello. This is all fair enough, but rationalises the idea in my mind that you wouldn't care about David Goffin if he weren't somehow linked to Roger Federer who you despise for one reason or another.

So if you are so insistent on your stance in this matter, I think a bit of elaboration is in order. What makes his game unappealing? I'm curious to see if you've actually paid attention to his game, or if this is a diversion from the real reason you dislike him.
The Prince is offline  
post #125 of 181 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 01:22 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 36
Posts: 3,730
                     
Re: Rotterdam R1: Nieminen def. Goffin 6-0 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnet View Post
Says a Andy Murray and Donald Young fan.
oh the ironing...

Topspindoctor
You know you're an epic level mug if you get double bageled by Petzschner
madmax is offline  
post #126 of 181 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 01:23 AM
.
 
rocketassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 29,137
                     
Re: Rotterdam R1: Nieminen def. Goffin 6-0 6-0

Goffin had set points to take his hero into a fifth set- at least he actually fought and didn't stand in awe like the Spanish Armada, Troicki etc do when they play their masters.

unbiased analyst extraordinaire
rocketassist is offline  
post #127 of 181 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 01:58 AM
Registered User
 
the_hitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 38
                     
Re: Rotterdam R1: Nieminen def. Goffin 6-0 6-0

Wait, let me see if I'm getting this right: So Goffin gets double-bageled and this loss is somehow, someway, supposed to be metaphysically connected to- or rubbing off on- Federer or Federer's 'judgment', because at some point, somewhere, Federer had hugged this kid and said that he might have a future? Therefore... Federer's 'judgment' is somehow poor, or was premature, or, ahem, he's just bad or stupid period because he had the audacity to charitably, if somewhat minimally, encourage a young man at the end of a competitive match last year in the 4R of RG without foreseeing that that young man would then get double-bageled at some point in the year following. Therefore, that hug and those nice words, which will forever live in infamy, were an abject failure on Federer's part and the Swiss should never be nice to a young person who MAY fail in some match at some point in the future.. And Federer should just collapse on the floor and writhe with shame. ??? >

Is this what passes for 'logic' in this forum? Are these the kind of angles Federer haters have been reduced to? I mean they couldn't go after his wardrobe choices or his apparent superiority complex or something? Now it's about who Federer happens to hug and whisper nice things to?

Have some of these people even matriculated from grade school yet, or is business just slow in momma's basement or what?

The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.
-Christopher Hitchens
the_hitch is offline  
post #128 of 181 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 02:29 AM
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 32,940
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
This 'I praise Federer' garbage is your form of an apology, and also your signal to go on and bash Federer even more, knowing that you can just say 'I praise Federer' to justify your actions.

You would not even care about him enough if he didn't like Federer. It's enough to look at your signature and your posts on the forum to see that you like three top players (ND, AM & JMDP) and then all of a sudden you've started a weird obsession with Janowicz. I also noticed yesterday you hadn't heard if Ricardo Mello. This is all fair enough, but rationalises the idea in my mind that you wouldn't care about David Goffin if he weren't somehow linked to Roger Federer who you despise for one reason or another.

So if you are so insistent on your stance in this matter, I think a bit of elaboration is in order. What makes his game unappealing? I'm curious to see if you've actually paid attention to his game, or if this is a diversion from the real reason you dislike him.
The only good thing about his game imo is his timing... in that sense you could make a case for him being a good counter puncher... but beside from this he has nothing that makes him stands out from the rest. As you can see a lot of my favourites are big hitters, and I don't see this in Goffin at all. Also I find his movement very sloppy, not fluid at all and tough to watch. But hey, I'm no expert and this is my opinion.

2 more things... I've liked Janowicz way before this thing with fed. Did you not see my sig after how many times incident...

And please just believe me when I say I don't despise Fed. I don't like him but I don't despise him either. Feel free to go back on my posts there is a lot of negativity towards fed when I feel its warranted but I've also given him credit countless times i.e after A.O semi final loss in general threads...


But whatever believe what you want, I don't really care I'm not trying to impress any one with my comments just giving my opinion... hope you understand.

Mark Lenders banged your girlfriend, I'm sorry to tell you that mate.
ProdigyEng is offline  
post #129 of 181 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 02:52 AM
Registered User
 
MTwEeZi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,160
                     
Re: Rotterdam R1: Nieminen def. Goffin 6-0 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Regardless of whether he likes Fed or not, he's still scrawny and weaponless.
Says a Andy Murray and Donald Young fan.
oh the ironing...
Murray scrawny? What is this 2005?
MTwEeZi is offline  
post #130 of 181 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 03:01 AM
Registered User
 
Mark Lenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 17,436
                     
Re: Rotterdam R1: Nieminen def. Goffin 6-0 6-0

The player with the brighter future won.

Seriously, it's absurd that people ever considered Goffin the future of tennis, having posters of Federer in your room does not earn you tournaments unfortunately. I predicted Nieminen in easy 2 in the WWW thread, but not even I expected two bagels

MTF games titles:

Suicide Tennis (5): Wimbledon 2014, World Tour Finals 2015, Madrid 2015, Kuala Lumpur 2014 and Metz 2015 - 1 Slam, 1 WTF, 1 Masters 1000, 2 ATP 250; 2 finals lost

Fill-in-the-Draw (3): US Open 2014, Rotterdam 2013 and Geneva 2015 - 1 Slam, 1 ATP 500 and 1 ATP 250

Tennis Tipping (3): Veneza and Todi 2014 (with vn01), Knoxville 2015 (with Redkop) - 3 challengers; 7 finals lost
Mark Lenders is offline  
post #131 of 181 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 03:01 AM
Registered User
 
dencod16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,768
                     
Re: Rotterdam R1: Nieminen def. Goffin 6-0 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Jerzy would thrash Goffin as well . Clowns going to be shut up when Jerzy proves his worth .
I don't think he would have, because what Nieminen did was make Goffin produce his own pace on the ball, Janowicz isn't that crafty to be able to produce that, Janowicz is a ball basher so Goffin has something to work with.
dencod16 is offline  
post #132 of 181 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 03:20 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,722
                     
Re: Rotterdam R1: Nieminen def. Goffin 6-0 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozza View Post
He just got double bagelled by Nieminen. Say those words to yourself. Double bagelled. Nieminen. Double bagelled. Double. Nieminen. Bagelled. Double Bagelled by Nieminen. There is no defense, he is going to get a lot of stick for this. That's life son.
Exactly....Jarkko only has two double bagels in his entire career with this being one of them...Not to mention, this is only the second double bagel ever at this tournament...

And what is this crap Bulldog is saying about this being "one bad loss?"...This was beyond a bad loss; it was a crime scene...I checked the stats of Mugfin since the French and he has tons of "bad losses" to journeymen and out of form players...

Lost to Melzer (who was a mess last year except for Memphis) twice
Lost to Mugaco on grass at the Olympics
Lost to Fish (who was MIA and practically retired last year) in R3 Wimby
Choking to Troicki (enough said) in Fed Cup
Lost to Mugdasco at the AO this year(after leading 2 sets to 1)
Lost to Muglucci in Auckland on outdoor HC
Lost to Mugdatis on Indoor hard in Stockholm
Lost in R1 of Mons Challenger to Llodra
Lost to Paire on grass in R1 of s'Hertogenbosch
Lost in QR1 to Berankis in Paris

The moral of this story is that he is losing consistently to old journeymen and out of form players...These results are way more than "one bad loss"....This is about a dozen bad losses since that fluke 4R at the French as a LL; lucky being the operative word after looking at this impressive resume

Anyone who thinks Mugfin has talent is out of their ever loving mind and clearly mentally unstable...No up and coming talent would have lost to this many journeymen in the span of 6-7 months...And now we can add Jarkko to this list...I seriously question anyone's brainpower who says "oh he had a bad loss, he will bounce back next week"...Um, he hasn't done anything relevant since Wimby last year...Wake up and get with the program, please
JamieMU30 is offline  
post #133 of 181 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 03:20 AM
Registered User
 
howyesno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,399
                     
Re: Rotterdam R1: Nieminen def. Goffin 6-0 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_hitch View Post
Wait, let me see if I'm getting this right: So Goffin gets double-bageled and this loss is somehow, someway, supposed to be metaphysically connected to- or rubbing off on- Federer or Federer's 'judgment', because at some point, somewhere, Federer had hugged this kid and said that he might have a future? Therefore... Federer's 'judgment' is somehow poor, or was premature, or, ahem, he's just bad or stupid period because he had the audacity to charitably, if somewhat minimally, encourage a young man at the end of a competitive match last year in the 4R of RG without foreseeing that that young man would then get double-bageled at some point in the year following. Therefore, that hug and those nice words, which will forever live in infamy, were an abject failure on Federer's part and the Swiss should never be nice to a young person who MAY fail in some match at some point in the future.. And Federer should just collapse on the floor and writhe with shame. ??? >

Is this what passes for 'logic' in this forum? Are these the kind of angles Federer haters have been reduced to? I mean they couldn't go after his wardrobe choices or his apparent superiority complex or something? Now it's about who Federer happens to hug and whisper nice things to?

Have some of these people even matriculated from grade school yet, or is business just slow in momma's basement or what?
you need to relax a little bit, ok?

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

-- George Best
howyesno is offline  
post #134 of 181 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 03:39 AM
Registered User
 
the_hitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 38
                     
Re: Rotterdam R1: Nieminen def. Goffin 6-0 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by howyesno View Post
you need to relax a little bit, ok?
Thanks, but no worries on that front. Even if you can't always tell if I'm having fun.

The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.
-Christopher Hitchens
the_hitch is offline  
post #135 of 181 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 03:39 AM
MONSOON season.
 
CooCooCachoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Age: 31
Posts: 77,353
                     
Re: Rotterdam R1: Nieminen def. Goffin 6-0 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieMU30 View Post
I checked the stats of Mugfin since the French and he has tons of "bad losses" to journeymen and out of form players...

Lost to Melzer (who was a mess last year except for Memphis) twice
Lost to Mugaco on grass at the Olympics
Lost to Fish (who was MIA and practically retired last year) in R3 Wimby
Choking to Troicki (enough said) in Fed Cup
Lost to Mugdasco at the AO this year(after leading 2 sets to 1)
Lost to Muglucci in Auckland on outdoor HC
Lost to Mugdatis on Indoor hard in Stockholm
Lost in R1 of Mons Challenger to Llodra
Lost to Paire on grass in R1 of s'Hertogenbosch
Lost in QR1 to Berankis in Paris
Not a single journeyman in that list.

BEMELMANS | CHARDY | CHIUDINELLI
CIPOLLA| ROGER-VASSELIN | MCGEE




Bachinger|Basilashvili|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Cuevas |Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos
Granollers|Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Mannarino
Menendez|Mitchell|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Rober t|Rubin|Smyczek|J. Sousa|Weintraub

CooCooCachoo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome